Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Championship Game : Gilas vs Iran (Fiba-Asia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship Game : Gilas vs Iran (Fiba-Asia)

Well Gilas will miss Douthit badly with this Game because of his injury. But they got the Heart and 6th man from the crowd.

While Iran is still dominating every opponent they encounter.
    Gilas
    0%
    Iran
    0%

The poll is expired.

I feel that the Philippines will give their all in this one. They are booked for Spain and have nothing to lose really. As for Iran, they want that championship.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

I'd love to see Gilas win, even if it would cause the board to crash, but Iran just seems the class of this tournament. Just a couple levels above everyone else.
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

with a full and fit team, we may have a chance, but as it is, douthit is out I believe, and two of the three remaining frontcourt players, de ocampo and pingris are playing injured and japeth is too thin.

iran will win this but I don't care. Big fighting heart for our boys. I'm so proud of them.

Comment

Both teams getting their revenge against their 2011 tormentors. What a fairytale ending to the FIBA Asia Championships.

Comment

Iran by 15+, seems like Philippines is satisfied just to qualify for Spain judging by the way they were celebrating after the win vs Korea
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              I feel that the Philippines will give their all in this one. They are booked for Spain and have nothing to lose really. As for Iran, they want that championship.
              I feel the same. I just hope GILAS will give them a hard time getting that Championship.

Comment

A <10pt loss will be as good as a championship for me.

Comment

Douthit said he is out for tomorrow.
                  Pingris injured his hamstring(?)
                  RDO has ankle and knee injuries.

We are left with Japeth and Junemar. But maybe RDO will still play. He played throughout the tournament.
                  I hope they give junemar some plays in offense. I think he can score double digits against Kardoust. Maybe some against Haddadi. But junemar is too slow for our fast paced team and a liability in defense. But if it is to just put a body on their bigs, junemar's 270lbs. I just hope he doesnt use his hands to defend. This is not PBA. lol

losing by less than 20pts is already good. winning the championship will be a miracle. lol

Comment

i believe. still. lol.

Comment

Iran has clearly been the class of this tournament, and they will likely win the gold medal. However, despite the injuries suffered by the Philippines, they have momentum coming off their semi-final win, tremendous crowd support, and most importantly, they don't have the pressure of qualifying for the World Cup, so they can play as underdogs against the Iranians which is a huge psychological advantage.

Comment

Time to give fajardo a run. See how he fare against top opposition. He may be the future of the team with his age still in his 20s. In any case, theres no shame in losing to this iranians. They have been setting the standard in asian ball for quite a while now.
                        And give David a full game. Coz im pretty sure it will be his last game in Gilas uniform. He may be the current scoring champion in the PBA, But the man's game just doesnt suit international competition.

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post

We are left with Japeth and Junemar. But maybe RDO will still play. He played throughout the tournament.
                          I hope they give junemar some plays in offense. I think he can score double digits against Kardoust. Maybe some against Haddadi. But junemar is too slow for our fast paced team and a liability in defense. But if it is to just put a body on their bigs, junemar's 270lbs. I just hope he doesnt use his hands to defend. This is not PBA. lol

losing by less than 20pts is already good. winning the championship will be a miracle. lol
                          Its time for Junemar to step-up and show his real talent. I will not be surprised if he dominates haddadi.
                          Last edited by Bad_Shot; 08-10-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post

what? oh no! I'm hoping they're now healthy. It's not over yet and just play and win!
                            ================================================== =========================================

Comment

This is hard to call. I want my team to win but Iran is hard to beat. Playing Iran is probably like trying to solve a Rubik's cube within 40 minutes. I don't know how our coaches will approach this but I do hope we can avoid a rout for the sake of the Filipino people. We don't have Douthit tomorrow and two of our players are playing injured, so grabbing a win is like the cherry on top of the big cake (World Cup berth).

I'll be happy if we can at least keep the game close. Good luck to both teams.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information