View Poll Results: Who Will Win

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gilas

22 66.67%
  • Iran

11 33.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Game : Gilas vs Iran (Fiba-Asia)

Default Championship Game : Gilas vs Iran (Fiba-Asia)

Well Gilas will miss Douthit badly with this Game because of his injury. But they got the Heart and 6th man from the crowd.

While Iran is still dominating every opponent they encounter.

I feel that the Philippines will give their all in this one. They are booked for Spain and have nothing to lose really. As for Iran, they want that championship.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

I'd love to see Gilas win, even if it would cause the board to crash, but Iran just seems the class of this tournament. Just a couple levels above everyone else.
    Dtown facts: roots for...

Detroit Pistons: We'll be good again...someday

Michigan Wolverines: Hail to the victors valiant.

USA Basketball: It's not koolaid it's 19 Olympic and World cup titles.

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

with a full and fit team, we may have a chance, but as it is, douthit is out I believe, and two of the three remaining frontcourt players, de ocampo and pingris are playing injured and japeth is too thin.

iran will win this but I don't care. Big fighting heart for our boys. I'm so proud of them.

Both teams getting their revenge against their 2011 tormentors. What a fairytale ending to the FIBA Asia Championships.

Iran by 15+, seems like Philippines is satisfied just to qualify for Spain judging by the way they were celebrating after the win vs Korea

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    I feel that the Philippines will give their all in this one. They are booked for Spain and have nothing to lose really. As for Iran, they want that championship.
    I feel the same. I just hope GILAS will give them a hard time getting that Championship.

A <10pt loss will be as good as a championship for me.

Douthit said he is out for tomorrow.
    Pingris injured his hamstring(?)
    RDO has ankle and knee injuries.

We are left with Japeth and Junemar. But maybe RDO will still play. He played throughout the tournament.
    I hope they give junemar some plays in offense. I think he can score double digits against Kardoust. Maybe some against Haddadi. But junemar is too slow for our fast paced team and a liability in defense. But if it is to just put a body on their bigs, junemar's 270lbs. I just hope he doesnt use his hands to defend. This is not PBA. lol

losing by less than 20pts is already good. winning the championship will be a miracle. lol

i believe. still. lol.

Iran has clearly been the class of this tournament, and they will likely win the gold medal. However, despite the injuries suffered by the Philippines, they have momentum coming off their semi-final win, tremendous crowd support, and most importantly, they don't have the pressure of qualifying for the World Cup, so they can play as underdogs against the Iranians which is a huge psychological advantage.

Time to give fajardo a run. See how he fare against top opposition. He may be the future of the team with his age still in his 20s. In any case, theres no shame in losing to this iranians. They have been setting the standard in asian ball for quite a while now.
    And give David a full game. Coz im pretty sure it will be his last game in Gilas uniform. He may be the current scoring champion in the PBA, But the man's game just doesnt suit international competition.

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post

We are left with Japeth and Junemar. But maybe RDO will still play. He played throughout the tournament.
    I hope they give junemar some plays in offense. I think he can score double digits against Kardoust. Maybe some against Haddadi. But junemar is too slow for our fast paced team and a liability in defense. But if it is to just put a body on their bigs, junemar's 270lbs. I just hope he doesnt use his hands to defend. This is not PBA. lol

losing by less than 20pts is already good. winning the championship will be a miracle. lol
    Its time for Junemar to step-up and show his real talent. I will not be surprised if he dominates haddadi.
    Last edited by Bad_Shot; 08-10-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post

what? oh no! I'm hoping they're now healthy. It's not over yet and just play and win!
    ================================================== =========================================

This is hard to call. I want my team to win but Iran is hard to beat. Playing Iran is probably like trying to solve a Rubik's cube within 40 minutes. I don't know how our coaches will approach this but I do hope we can avoid a rout for the sake of the Filipino people. We don't have Douthit tomorrow and two of our players are playing injured, so grabbing a win is like the cherry on top of the big cake (World Cup berth).

I'll be happy if we can at least keep the game close. Good luck to both teams.
    "A Strong Professional League is a Breeding Ground for a Strong National Team."

I hope Gilas would still be focused on the task at hand today, but it would be hard to after a very emotional win. Either way it will be a very big task for them with lots of injuries on the Gilas side. But also heard that Nika Bahrami is also injured and playing on one knee, didn't see him get injured in any games so can anyone confirm this?

On another hand, Great win by Gilas yday, all heart. Pingris was huge with the energy he brought. Same can be said about Jimmy, jason, Rdo and Gabe. That block by Gabe on Kim Mg was huge.

11 players will play tonight including pingris and de ocampo. It'll be a tough game against the iranians..

Iran is just too much for gilas much more with a depleted front court. I would be happy with an under 10 point loss

Gilas will win this in a very dramatic fashion, by 3 points, Hadadi fouled out, Gilas gunners will shot Iran down, or at least it's what I've seen in my dream last night. Time for me to find out if I have inherited the gift that my mother and her lineage possess, it usually comes around when they are in their 30's and I'm at that age. Congrats Gilas for being the Fiba Asia champion!
    Last edited by Kryptheo; 08-11-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts" ---- Dan Gable

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Playing Iran is probably like trying to solve a Rubik's cube within 40 minutes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast