Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieJB View Post
    http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches...0/49etFmkg4C6/
    Try and refresh it in quick successions next time, you should be able to access it and find livestats.
    Thanks. Looks like Iran struggled with FG% as well but got about twice as many FTs which was the main difference, also twice as many steals and about twice as many pts in the paint. So I see Wang Zhelin probably got schooled by Haddadi, only 1 rebound in 20 min?

I will reserve other comments after watching the tape. I want to watch the TPE-PHI game first.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
      First time I watch Satnam playing since the last Asian U18 Championship... He's slightly improving but the 17 year still has a very long way to go even though he's been developing his skills with IMG in the U.S over the last 2 years. I do see this Indian NT improving a lot though. Coach Fleming is working hard on developing a descent NT and good basketball program in India.
      Vishesh is a great shooter and seem to be the leader of this young team... Note: 8 players from this Indian NT are born 1990 onwards so that's definitely great for them!
      india, which has 1.3 billion people, lost to bahrain, which has 1 million population. then india lost to kazakhstan, which has population of delhi. they are not improving and if anything are getting less competitive in fiba asia. due to 2 factors: one the players lack talent, 2) the federation wont bring in naturalized players/dual citizen players. (in part because there is still no pro league to bring in outside players, and no signs of any league anytime soon.)

the young players are just that, young. they dont have the talent to bridge the gap between india and asian teams, except for beating up sri lanka, thailand, malaysia . etc... the big boys (korea china, etc...) are out of the question.

the big men are not skilled, just tall. the guards arent athletic and skilled enough. vishesh is a solid role player forced to be a international star, which he isnt. india knows satnam is going to have a short career because of his size and the way he runs. they already agreed with IMG that he will only play about 10 mins per game in high school. they want to maximize him, because he may be done playing within a few years.

Comment

entertaining first half for taiwan and philippines. end of first quarter taiwan led 30 - 19 then philippines start 2nd quarter with 11-0 run, taiwan responds with 8-0 run then philippines goes back with 9-0 run. end of first half philippines up by 1.

Comment

1pt game with 6 min left, Lin Chih-chieh already 16p 11a 8r, but probably out of gas which may be the deciding factor
          aim low, score high

Comment

Norwood/Alapag/Douthit all missing layups late...
            Originally posted by Fedfan
            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
            Originally posted by GuTO
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Usual choking by Pinas boys. Lack of guts? Of depth? Bad coaching? Disappointing anyway!

Comment

too bad we lost. bad coaching I guess. they relaxed at the start of the fourth. damn, 13 pt lead just disappeared.

Comment

Usual choking by Pinas boys. Lack of guts? Of depth? Bad coaching? Disappointing anyway!
                  It's a long tournament, and it's still possible that Philippines may get the #1 seed in Group E, since there are some X-factors like Qatar, Japan etc., but looking more unlikely now. I doubt the two teams will meet again in this tourney. If everything goes as planned, China-Philippines for the quarters, while Chinese Taipei now have a clear path to the Final 4 which hasn't happened in as long as I could remember.
                  aim low, score high

Comment

Bad coaching. Poor decisions by our coach cost us the game. Congrats to Taiwan. They shot the ball well and never gave up. Best of luck for them in the next round.

For us, we need to regroup and play hard in the next round. It doesn't matter who we face in the QF; all teams are hard to beat if you don't play your A-game.

With the way things are going, I predict Iran will win the title this year because they are very consistent and have all the ingredients to succeed.
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

Jordan and Saudi starting. No signs of fatigue for Jordan.
                      Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Is Wikipedia correct, are Iran, China and Korea in the same group again in the next stage? Seems like an odd tournament format if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieasker View Post
                          Is Wikipedia correct, are Iran, China and Korea in the same group again in the next stage? Seems like an odd tournament format if that is the case.
                          What format do you have in mind? This has always been the format and is also the format for the U19 World Championships.

The event is getting more competitive with years but will definitely be more interesting with Australia and NZL in the mix soon.
                          aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by aussieasker View Post
                            They won't play each other again...
                            Group A + B (top 3 of each group) = E.
                            Group C + D = F.

Team carry their results from round 1 to round 2, so Iran/Korea and China will play 3 games in 2nd round vs India, Bahrain and Kazakhstan (all easy games).

Comment

Impressive 1st half from Saudi Arabia!

Saudi Arabia 28 - 26 Jordan HT

The loser in this game will be knocked out from the tournament and will play classification games (13th to 16th).

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                                What format do you have in mind? This has always been the format and is also the format for the U19 World Championships.

The event is getting more competitive with years but will definitely be more interesting with Australia and NZL in the mix soon.
                                Woops, nevermind... I was thinking that China, Iran and Korea would play eachother again in the next stage. So it's like the U19s where they're in the same group but only play the teams that they didn't play previously?

I'm looking forward to Australia and NZ joining FIBA Asia. It's a bit of a joke to have FIBA Oceania, especially when 50% qualify for the Olympics and 100% for the World Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information