Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fenerbahce Ulker - 2013/14

Sure, Olympiakos that was winning with an examplary team selection and spirit and had a, we could say, a complete overhaul and Panathinaikos that had the worst team in years last season and a luck way too many clubs shared that coincidence, will now surely be the only allmighty obstacle to any team to F4? I can go with personal bias, with Barcelona being the most beautiful city, with NWO controling just about everything theories, I can survive long posts of Spanoulis praise by a poster we all know, but there is a point where the universe itself is screaming for a reality check, no offense...

For any team that throws around tens of millions for just about anybody available F4 isn't even a succes, it should be a consequence if some logic is pursued along, be it Turkish, Greek, Spanish, English or Uzbekistanish club

@Joško Poljak Fan

I said that Real,Cska, and Barca are too far away from the rest of the clubs and they will definitely be in the F4 and non other but a greek club would have any chance at all to eliminate them in the playoffs phase.So for the last ticket for Milano Olympiakos,Pao,Fener and possibly a few more teams would have to compete against eachother for the spot and in a series of 5 games Olympiakos and Pao would be the favorites to qualify since Fener has no depth in their roster and the other teams are overall worse than the greeks.Thats my opinion.

For any team that throws around tens of millions for just about anybody available F4 isn't even a succes, it should be a consequence if some logic is pursued along, be it Turkish, Greek, Spanish, English or Uzbekistanish club
    If you could buy the Euroleague Cska would have around 30 trophies atm so no I dont agree with you.When was the last time tha Fener reached the F4?When was the last time that a Turkish team reached the F4?When was the last time that a turkish team participated in a final?So yes if Fener reach the F4 this year it will be a huge success even with a huge budget...
    Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Quote Originally Posted by World of Basketball View Post
    Looking forward too see if Zeljko Obradovic will succeed with his new team. Somehow I believe that at this moment, Fenerbahce roster is not good enough for title. We will see.
    Well, Zeljko doesn't need the best team to win the title. Look at Partizan, Panathinaikos in 2002 or 2011...
    Not well? What is illness to the body of a knight-errant?
    What matter wounds? For each time he falls he shall rise
    again... and woe to the wicked! Sancho! My armor, my sword!

Follow me on Twitter: @Vendri_7

I just wanted to add for clarity: my last post was ironic. I do have healthy hopes of a good season, but a F4 is the craziest that I dare to dream right now. I agree that Fener certainly isn't the biggest favorite yet. I do expect at least one other transfer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendri View Post
    Well, Zeljko doesn't need the best team to win the title. Look at Partizan, Panathinaikos in 2002 or 2011...
    Partizan had the best pg-sg duo in Europe with Djordjevic and Danilovic and that year Obradovic had prof. Nikolic to help him and that certanly had a big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Psofimis View Post
    @Joško Poljak Fan

I said that Real,Cska, and Barca are too far away from the rest of the clubs and they will definitely be in the F4 and non other but a greek club would have any chance at all to eliminate them in the playoffs phase.So for the last ticket for Milano Olympiakos,Pao,Fener and possibly a few more teams would have to compete against eachother for the spot and in a series of 5 games Olympiakos and Pao would be the favorites to qualify since Fener has no depth in their roster and the other teams are overall worse than the greeks.Thats my opinion.

If you could buy the Euroleague Cska would have around 30 trophies atm so no I dont agree with you.When was the last time tha Fener reached the F4?When was the last time that a Turkish team reached the F4?When was the last time that a turkish team participated in a final?So yes if Fener reach the F4 this year it will be a huge success even with a huge budget...
    I must have misunderstood you, but imo it's still way to early to have such prognosis. Some teams will surprise, some haven't closed their roster yet an injury or two might ruin another...

Easy out of my head Efes Pilsen was at F4 in 98' (the year might be wrong 99' if 98' isn't correct) and should get there in 03/04 if it wasn't for the Fortitudo robbery, we've all seen how that worked out in the finals than. Unlike the 90ies with Tofas, Fener there was basicaly no other team than Efes and Ulker untill... once again not completely sure 07' when Fener stepped in and basicaly only after 2010 and WC in Turkey that Turkish clubs are flooded with money as that wasn't the case before. Lately we can see quite some examples of bad management (Efes borderline excluded), but as a Oly fan remembering 2011 and prior I am sure you are well aware of how easily that can happen

I thought we were talking about F4 appearances not titles, luckily a bag of money can't neccesarily buy a title in any given season, yet. Otherwise does it take anything more for f.e. London to throw in 100 million € (which is kind of the scale in comparison to other clubs of what CSKA threw in back in the days) and buy themselve a F4 and if they would be persistant for few years that would likely bring them a title as well. That's why I was really glad Olympiakos destroyed this monotomy in the last two seasons as untill than euroleague was more and more becoming a spending spree competition instead of the basketball one.

It's said that Fenerbahçe also signed İzzet Türkyılmaz. Now I am confused, what are they going to do with 4 PFs? I don't think Kleiza will get under 25 mins, so 3 players will share 15 mins?
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

whatever:
    Pg: Dontaye Draper, Dogus Balbay, Efekan Coşar (20)
    Sg: Matt Janning, Cedi Osman (19), Cenk Akyol, Furkan Korkmaz (17)
    Sf: Stratos Perperoglou, Birkan Batuk, Okben Ulubay (17)
    Pf: Dario Saric, Milko Bjelica, Deniz Kilicli
    C: Nenad Krstic, Stephane Lasme, Emircan Kosut (19)

Quote Originally Posted by surfer View Post
    It's said that Fenerbahçe also signed İzzet Türkyılmaz. Now I am confused, what are they going to do with 4 PFs? I don't think Kleiza will get under 25 mins, so 3 players will share 15 mins?
    I think, Obradovic will try Karaman for center. Lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by villian View Post
    I think, Obradovic will try Karaman for center. Lets see.
    I hope you weren't trying to spell villain. Welcome to the board!

Seems that even best coaches when come to Fener lose their minds...

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    I hope you weren't trying to spell villain. Welcome to the board!
    Thank you mate. I'm reading this forum until 2 years but never try to write My English is not so good.

And what do you think about centers janeta?

We have only Oğuz and Zoric now. İzzet, Bjelica or Kleiza is not suitable. Kaya will go. Then?

Thank you mate. I'm reading this forum until 2 years but never try to write My English is not so good.

And what do you think about centers janeta?

We have only Oğuz and Zoric now. İzzet, Bjelica or Kleiza is not suitable. Kaya will go. Then?
    Zoric and Oguz are good centers, in combination with Kleiza, Bjelica and Ilkan that is solid frontcourt. But what Izzet and especially Kaya are doing here is why I told that Zeljko loses his mind. And when you know that frontcourt is stronger part of the team, it's quite obvious how unbalanced roster Fener has this year.
    I am very disappointed with Fener roster in this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Zoric and Oguz are good centers, in combination with Kleiza, Bjelica and Ilkan that is solid frontcourt. But what Izzet and especially Kaya are doing here is why I told that Zeljko loses his mind. And when you know that frontcourt is stronger part of the team, it's quite obvious how unbalanced roster Fener has this year.
    I am very disappointed with Fener roster in this moment.
    But two centers are not enough i think. You know, Zoric has foul problem sometimes and Oğuz, I really can't trust him. I love him so much but..

And our frontcourt: x/barış - bo/ömer -i know, you don't like him. me too-/melih(?) - bojan/emir isn't it good? our 'x' is so important.
    First of all, I'm really sorry about my poor English.

But two centers are not enough i think. You know, Zoric has foul problem sometimes and Oğuz, I really can't trust him. I love him so much but..

And our frontcourt: x/barış - bo/ömer -i know, you don't like him. me too-/melih(?) - bojan/emir isn't it good? our 'x' is so important.
    Your English is good. I wouldn't worry about that. But, you might want to continue your discussion of Fener on the Fenerbahce thread which has been very active in the past few days.

x-Boo-Bojan depend on who is x? Baris-Onan-Emir is not serious backup variant. Maybe for TBL but for EL it's not enough.
    What Fener needs is two more guards in rotation. One foreigner and one with Turkish passport. One of them could be combo guard.

bo,baris
    x,x,melih,onan
    bojan,emir
    kleiza,bjelica,izzet
    zoric,oguz,ilkan

If x,x are one top and one good player combination then this team is strong enough to compete with Pao, Oly and Efes. When we consider who's in charge from the bench, then Barca, Real and CSKA are not far away too.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    x-Boo-Bojan depend on who is x? Baris-Onan-Emir is not serious backup variant. Maybe for TBL but for EL it's not enough.
    What Fener needs is two more guards in rotation. One foreigner and one with Turkish passport. One of them could be combo guard.

bo,baris
    x,x,melih,onan
    bojan,emir
    kleiza,bjelica,izzet
    zoric,oguz,ilkan

If x,x are one top and one good player combination then this team is strong enough to compete with Pao, Oly and Efes. When we consider who's in charge from the bench, then Barca, Real and CSKA are not far away too.
    What? This roster is not enough to compete with efes,pao,oly? You are delusional and I can't take your comments seriously any more. I'm not a Fener fan or something closer, but I'm aware of that if you think last year's Fener and said those ,you are and will be wrong big time imo. Pianigiani obviously didn't fit the roster, couldn't manage the team as expected and results are there. Besides, despite they are unstable and unpredictable, I think Onan and Savas are good enough for bench ( can't say for baris the same). So, in short, last two years Oly won the cup and they deserved them for sure. But that doesn't mean anything. Same for Fener too. So yeah you are biased and wrong. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Vendri View Post
    On the other hand he needs mentality...

Anyway i think this year and after having oly example the previous years anyone can beat anyone.
    The thing you need is rotation and bench.something pao didnt had last year for example and forced to play with 6 players against barca in a 5 games series.
    Just some teams have more possibilities than other.this doesnt mean that fener wont reach the far ending but that withthecurrentroster they do t have as much possibilities against lets saycska and real.
    Even when oly lifted the trophies his rotation was pretty good not even mention their mentality as a usual greek team.fener needs bench.even if you have a good starting 5 wont take you far away.you needsome elements together
    1.team
    2.defence
    3.rotation
    4.quality bench
    5.luck
    So will see where you will go or the rest of the contenders.i think you are a contender like the rest of the teams and i am glad that euroleague competitive level is increasing every year.but you need more.and zelico even if he is the best coach of europe he is not magician.

The good news is that you didnt sign the dickhead.and your posibilities have increased
    Man how i miss euroleague.and we have 2 months and more for the beginning..
    Last edited by CG; 08-01-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

Baris will suprise you. Last year our team was distributed -i don't know the true word- and no one give their best. Baris is a good PnR handler. Good for bench. I trust him more than Onan. Some great combo guard for 'x' will be enough for us. Dont think about our last year team. This is not a data for judge. As logicunit said; Pianigiani obviously didn't fit the roster.
    First of all, I'm really sorry about my poor English.

I gues in 10 years People will start saying Obradovic won eurolegue with bunch of scrubs...LoL

truth is from 1987/88. season when they lost finals till 91./92. when they won EL Partizan was one of best teams in europe and had one of best roosters in europe. They just played in wrong era with difrent rules and could not pass by Jugoplastika in Yugoslavian chanpionship.

In 2002 He had Bodiroga, Mulamerovic, Sanchez, Midlton, Kutluay, Alvertis. Similar he had great roster in 2011. Maybe not best in europe, but one of top

Truth is he always had one of best roosters and one of most expensive besides Partizan wich still was one of best roosters

Not that this downgrades him as coach, but get real.
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

Baris will suprise you. Last year our team was distributed -i don't know the true word- and no one give their best. Baris is a good PnR handler. Good for bench. I trust him more than Onan. Some great combo guard for 'x' will be enough for us. Dont think about our last year team. This is not a data for judge. As logicunit said; Pianigiani obviously didn't fit the roster.
    I'm not sure about him but all I knew is what i watched last year. he can't decide whether he should hold the ball or keep driving when defender is aggresive and that's one of the most fundamental things for a pg. he did a couple of mistakes last year as far as i remember.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast