Lebanese National Team 2015 - Road to Rio de Janeiro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    I hope this is true and will lift the ban on Lebanon this year.
    http://www.tayyar.org/Tayyar/News/Sp...50480126246553
    Refreshing news for Asia Basketball. I hope they play on the Asian games.
    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

FIBA to remove the Ban on Lebanese Basketball
      Lebanese Basketball is on the way to come back to be active in FIBA family. After the approval of the amendments on the Internal Regulations by the FLB General Assembly. The FLB sent the Internal Regulations to FIBA who agreed on all points which are based on their remarks.

These points gives the FLB and its godfathers all the big powers to run the game and to be firm in case of problems like the ones happened last season . The first division clubs agreed on the amendments knowing that are not based on any point from the FIBA Regulations due that they are the main involved parties and they want to come back on the International scene.

The letter of the Ban removal should reach the FLB this week and the International participations will be allowed from the date the letter is received. For this reason the FLB appointed Ghassan Sarkis as Head Coach for the Men's National Team to participate in the WABA Men's Championship which will be held in Amman - Jordan and will serve as a qualification round for FIBA ASIA Cup which will be held in Wuhan - China in next July.

The FLB sent to WABA the list of 23 players already on April 23rd and this was done under the patronage of FIBA ASIA in order to allow to Lebanon to participate in case FIBA removes the Ban.

FLB president denied receiving the letter from FIBA, other sources in the FLB revealed that the email was well received by the FLB but they are waiting for the official letter to be sent by fax. This is strange for Lebanese Basketball fans who are waiting anxiously to remove the ban due that its well known that FIBA sends its communications since many years by email and not by fax.

Comment

Ban officially removed today by FIBA

I thought it would last for many years but thank God we were able to do it in 10 months.

FIBA lifts international ban on Lebanon
        May 07, 2014 06:43 PM
        The Daily Star
        A+ A-
        BEIRUT: FIBA has lifted the suspension on the Lebanese Basketball Federation, which will now allow the national teams to compete again in FIBA competitions.

Federation president Walid Nassar received the good news in a fax from FIBA’s Secretary General Patrick Baumann Wednesday.

The end of the suspension concludes a yearlong struggle over political and judicial fallouts in Lebanon, where basketball is the most popular sport.

Comment

Congratulations guys... feels great to be back internationally!!!
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Asian Basketball welcomes Lebanon back to Asian caging! Can't wait to see Phi. Gilas squares off with Lebanon. I wonder when will that be.

Lets get ready to rumble guys!
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

what is the current roster from players to coach?
              sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

FIBA lifts suspension, welcomes Lebanon back to Asian fold
                May 08, 2014 12:48 AM
                By Dany Abboud
                The Daily Star

FIBA Wednesday lifted the suspension on the Lebanese Basketball Federation, allowing the national teams to compete again in FIBA competitions.

Federation President Walid Nassar received the good news in a fax from FIBA’s Secretary-General Patrick Baumann Wednesday.

Baumann said that the recent amendments to the general statutes from the local federation allowed it to be welcomed back to the international governing body.

“We acknowledge with thanks the latest copy of your statutes as approved by the general assembly. And thorough review of your statutes and following the discussion held during your [Nassar’s] visit to FIBA as well as the positive opinion granted by FIBA ASIA, we are pleased to inform you that FIBA is now in a position to lift the suspension of the Lebanese Basketball Federation,” the FIBA statement read.

The end of the suspension concludes a yearlong struggle over political and judicial fallout in Lebanon, where basketball is the most popular sport.

In April, the controversy reached a turning point when all parties agreed to implement the new amendments, which were approved by FIBA in the general assembly.

“Your federation is now therefore reinstated with full rights and your teams and officials may take part in all FIBA competitions and activities,” the statement added.

FIBA banned Lebanon from international competition last July after its season was disrupted over political and judicial interference.

The men’s national team was barred from taking part in the FIBA ASIA championship in the Philippines and lost a chance to qualify for the World Championship for a fourth consecutive time.

However, Lebanese basketball can now look to turn a new leaf as the federation attempts to regain its status among the elite teams in Asia.

Their return will be marked officially during the WABA Championship, which is due to take place in Amman between May 23 and 29. The first three teams qualify to the FIBA ASIA cup [formerly known as Stankovic Cup] due to take place in China in June.

“I want to congratulate all the Lebanese people on lifting the ban,” Nassar said.

“We have a lot of work ahead of us, but this is a truly joyous moment for millions of fans of Lebanese basketball. Let us for now celebrate our return to where we really belong.”

Welcoming the return of Lebanon to the international fold, FIBA Asia President Sheikh Saud bin Ali al-Thani expressed happiness and looked forward to a brighter future for Lebanese basketball.

“ Lebanon has produced some tremendous results in the recent FIBA Asia competitions. They have proved they are a force to be reckoned with. I do believe this [the reworking of the statutes] is a great step forward in taking the sport to the next level,” he told the FIBA ASIA’s official website. “I look forward to some greatly exciting results from the Lebanese team.”

“This is great news for Lebanese basketball,” FIBA Asia Secretary-General Hagop Khajirian said.

“We were really hurt last summer so to describe our joy right now, I can’t really find words,” Lebanese star Jean Abdelnour said.

“After the ban last year, we started to fear for our futures as professionals. But fortunately, all of this is now behind us, and we’re enjoying a great league and now the return to the international scene makes it all complete,” he added.

“For the national team, like always we can only say that we have great potential and it is the duty of the federation also to work on a good plan for the team to achieve good results,” noted Abdelnour.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/B...#ixzz315xkmR00
                (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Congratulations Lebanon,we are back on track.

Comment

Copy of Ban removal document

FIBA Ban.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                      what is the current roster from players to coach?
                      The initial squad that was named for WABA Championship later this month included the following 23 names:

Ali Mahmoud, Rodrigue Akl, Mohammad Ibrahim, Jean Abdelnour, Amir Saoud, Nadim Saoud, Fadi al-Khatib, Hussein al-Khatib, Elie Stephan, Mazen Mneimneh, Roy Samaha, Ali Kanaan, Bassel Bawji, Charles Tabet, Philip Tabet, Bashir Ammoury, Ali Haidar, Rony Fahed, Ahmad Ibrahim, Daniel Faris, Hayk Gyokchyan, Elie Chamoun and Elie Rustom.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                        The initial squad that was named for WABA Championship later this month included the following 23 names:

Ali Mahmoud, Rodrigue Akl, Mohammad Ibrahim, Jean Abdelnour, Amir Saoud, Nadim Saoud, Fadi al-Khatib, Hussein al-Khatib, Elie Stephan, Mazen Mneimneh, Roy Samaha, Ali Kanaan, Bassel Bawji, Charles Tabet, Philip Tabet, Bashir Ammoury, Ali Haidar, Rony Fahed, Ahmad Ibrahim, Daniel Faris, Hayk Gyokchyan, Elie Chamoun and Elie Rustom.
                        I would have been very saddened had the ban went on for years and Fadi retired. Happy with this news. Fadi El-Khatib has been busy with crossfit training to stay in shape.
                        Last edited by CKR13; 05-08-2014, 11:45 AM.
                        Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Congrats and welcome back!!
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                            I would have been very saddened had the ban went on for years and Fadi retired. Happy with this news. Fadi El-Khatib has been busy with crossfit training to stay in shape.
                            yup. me too. I always love watching Fadi El Khatib.

Comment

Congrats for the lifting of the ban.

Now I want my idol to play again I can't remember his name though, plays the point and a veteran already, he's like a bulldog I love his intensity when he plays.

Edit: I got his name now, rony fahed

Comment

I remember very well that guy Rony Fahed. A very good point guard (for me better than Iran's Mehdi Kamrani) & worked well in tandem with Lebanon's No. 1 player Fadi El Khatib. For me Fahed is the best point guard to ever come out of Lebanon. Better than the shoo-in point guards of the current Lebanese NT pool- Ali Mahmoud & Rodrigue Akl. It puzzles me why Fahed is no longer considered as a candidate for the national team. Maybe it has something to do with the current NT head coach.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information