Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow! meron din pala ako prediction (bolded part) na nagkatotoo (crossing my fingers, hehehe)....

Originally posted by patay-butiki on 12-04-2009, 09:53 AM View Post
    future towers of power, kobe and andre paras with dad benjie.

picture taken in june 2009. by this time, andre should be 14. kobe, 12. benjie may have slouched but it seems to me andre is nearing 6 ft. altho i think kobe is more inclined to follow his dad's footsteps (in basketball, not showbiz, hehe). kobe was listed at 5'2" 2 years ago (at 10 years old).
    sayang, broken link na yung image....
    Dead Lizard.

Comment

Kobe Paras dunks over LeBron and makes Yahoo Sports!!!

and he's only 15 years old!!!

scoreboard of filipino players dunking over legit nba stars: japeth 2, kobe 1

That'd be Kobe Paras, the 15-year-old son of former two-time Philippine Basketball Association Most Valuable Player Benjie Paras, who went up, over and around a not-really-contesting LeBron James during the four-time NBA MVP's visit to Manila for a one-day Nike-sponsored … Continue reading

Kobe (well, *a* Kobe) dunks over LeBron during Philippines exhibition (Video)
      By Dan Devine | Ball Don't Lie – 6 hours ago

That'd be Kobe Paras, the 15-year-old son of former two-time Philippine Basketball Association Most Valuable Player Benjie Paras, who went up, over and around a not-really-contesting LeBron James during the four-time NBA MVP's visit to Manila for a one-day Nike-sponsored event in the basketball-mad Philippines. Given how unlikely it is that we'll see the other Kobe dunk over/around/near LeBron anytime soon, Jim Buss wagers aside, we should probably savor this one.
      Young Kobe helped the Philippines' under-18 national basketball team win a FIBA Asia 3x3 championship back in May, which is pretty neat, but probably not as neat as dunking over/around/in the vicinity of the best player in the world during layup lines. Here's hoping he goes on to have at least as entertaining a basketball career as the last unheralded youngster to dunk over LeBron in a summertime setting.
      Jokes aside, it was cool of LeBron to provide token resistance for the young players as they drove to the basket during the event, which included the sort of fireworks and pageantry you'd expect from a Nike promotional event, an hourlong LeBron-led clinic and a scrimmage featuring the Philippines national team and select players from Manila's college basketball league. At one point late in the scrimmage, LeBron decided to come off the sidelines and get involved, which led the fans packing the Mall of Asia Arena to freak out. Hit the jump for some video of LeBron giving the people what they want:

Some Filipino fans wanted an up-close-and-personal glimpse of the Miami Heat star badly enough to go to pretty extreme measures, according to AFP:
      Manila businessman Franco Miguel, 32, said he and a friend took turns standing in line last week outside a US sporting apparel shop that had announced it was giving away free tickets to the clinic.
      "Seeing LeBron James, my God! Even though I fell in line for two days, to see him personally is huge," Miguel told AFP. [...]
      Government clerk Ian Castillo watched the clinic with his eight-year-old son, having gone on leave from work since last week to line up for tickets.
      "My friends and I were in line for three days. We organised a relay system so others could go home and grab a few hours' sleep," said Castillo, who was seated high in the bleachers.
      Given that sort of commitment, I hope the fans in attendance got a lasting memory out of LeBron's one-day visit. I think it's pretty safe to say that young Kobe Paras did.
      Dead Lizard.

Comment

Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
        naks! pulis na pulis ang dating, ah!

but nah, you don't know what trending means. so for your enlightenment....

Words that Urban Dictionary forces you to see although you don’t want to

in simple terms, "currently popular." this means it does NOT necessarily mean kelangan nasa top 10 or whatever list.

i hope gets mo na. otherwise, mukhang pang P01 ka lang.....
        Laughing my ass off!! Mr Mod got owned big time??

Comment

is it true that during the 1999 all star game the teams that fought were composed of locals vs the fil-ams/shams?
          Fil-am team with Asi,Parker, Alvarado, Menk,A.Siegle, D.Siegle,Arigo,etc beaten by the team of Benjie Paras?
          I remember that Benjie Paras was viewed as an anti fil-foreigner?why?
          Darling it's better
          Down where it's wetter
          Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

^ No. If I remember it correctly, it's a Veterans versus RSJ game. It just happened that there's a lot of Fil-foreigners on the RSJ side. But Danny Ildefonso was on the RSJ side, only that his "Fil-foreign" teammates (e.g. Rob Parker) aren't passing the ball to him haha.

Comment

Originally posted by toikins View Post
              is it true that during the 1999 all star game the teams that fought were composed of locals vs the fil-ams/shams?
              Fil-am team with Asi,Parker, Alvarado, Menk,A.Siegle, D.Siegle,Arigo,etc beaten by the team of Benjie Paras?
              I remember that Benjie Paras was viewed as an anti fil-foreigner?why?
              until now, hehe. but he clarified that he has nothing against fil-fors if proven they have filipino blood. he's only against the fil-shams. in one episode of FTW, he was still bashing the likes of Pena, Asi, Pennisi, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by balbi View Post
                until now, hehe. but he clarified that he has nothing against fil-fors if proven they have filipino blood. he's only against the fil-shams. in one episode of FTW, he was still bashing the likes of Pena, Asi, Pennisi, etc..
                Or probably because it was (were?) Fil-Ams/Ams who were banging his wife?
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

well, if your name is Kobe and your last name is Paras, people will assume you play like your namesakes! damn, too much pressure on the young kid!

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                    Or probably because it was (were?) Fil-Ams/Ams who were banging his wife?
                    I'll tap that too!

#JackieForsterReadyForMyCondensedMilk

Comment

I hope Benjie listens to Jason and let kobe try out in the US. Benjie described kobe as a 6'4 version of Cyrus Baguio. If he reaches 6'6, we will have a legit SG with nba size

For UAAP tho, I hope he goes to UST. Other than it being a biased opinion, I really think UST has done a good job in developing players. Pido seems to be a great motivator and his assistants seems to be good in player development. Most of their players came in not highly recruited but ending up being PBA players. You can actually see the players improve every year

Comment

Give Andre a break....His Dad started as a "kampag" player for the red cubs. Benjie became a dominant player after being he underwent rigorous training from Ato Badolato and Joe Lipa. So if Andre will be a great player soon if he will emulate his dad's patience and hardwork! Perhaps Kobe is more gifted in terms of physical abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral thrawn View Post
                          Give Andre a break....His Dad started as a "kampag" player for the red cubs. Benjie became a dominant player after being he underwent rigorous training from Ato Badolato and Joe Lipa. So if Andre will be a great player soon if he will emulate his dad's patience and hardwork! Perhaps Kobe is more gifted in terms of physical abilities.
                          Is Andre still in basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by ctongco View Post
                            Is Andre still in basketball?
                            Andre is with San Beda right now and for sure he will be more focus in basketball and he will get plenty of playing with Semerads and Kyle Pascual leaving for the pros. Like what happend to Art Dela Cruz. Wishing him the best, whatever he says or do with showbiz or school. Andre has basketball blood in his veins and he will comeback on the playing court.

Comment

Originally posted by OjiesIII View Post
                              Andre is with San Beda right now and for sure he will be more focus in basketball and he will get plenty of playing with Semerads and Kyle Pascual leaving for the pros. Like what happend to Art Dela Cruz. Wishing him the best, whatever he says or do with showbiz or school. Andre has basketball blood in his veins and he will comeback on the playing court.
                              Not as focused as an MTV VJ though. (To be fair with Andre, he has the potential to reach the greatness of his father-- in showbiz.)
                              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                                Not as focused as an MTV VJ though. (To be fair with Andre, he has the potential to reach the greatness of his father-- in showbiz.)
                                Can't argue with that. Hahaha anyway he can get the chick he wants, win win situation for the kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information