This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i'd go fucking crazy if someone mention philippine politics on that forum.
    Like this?

"Change is coming na talaga! Thanks President Duterte for making it happen! Go Kobe!"

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
      Wow Blue Jays fans are really excited with Kobe

Postby Trifecta » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:04 pm
      I love the way this kid attacks the basket with reckless abandon. Its It's been a long time (since Rodzilla probably) that we had a player who was that aggressive, with that size, who could finish in the lane like Kobe.

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:26 am
      Damn he can finish in traffic!!! Nice catch and release, too. This is an excellent recruiting job by the staff. We went from having zero good wings for several years to now having a bunch of them.

Postby yeti47 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 am
      I was projecting a top 3 in conference....this kid is talented. Watch his videos....my god. We have a shot at not only the conference title....but winning the whole thing. I'm trying to temper expectations...trying it's hard.
      Yeah it's crazy

@ UCLA forum everyone was like 'what? who is this kid??? ETC ETC' LOL

At least the community on that forum show some love to Kobe and it's really passionate.

Somebody also said he's a stud. LOL

Comment

• Kobe Paras will be in a dunk contest as per Phantom Basketball Cathedral Facebook comment post.

Dunk contest @ Metro Summer League I guess...
        Last edited by Anonymous123; 07-19-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• KOBE PARAS WILL NOT REDSHIRT!!!

LISTEN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
            KOBE PARAS WILL NOT REDSHIRT!!!

LISTEN!!!

https://twitter.com/bluejaybanter/st...71516489736193
            that's good.. either off the bench guy or immediate starter for him.. looking forward to watch him play.. the last time i'm looking forward to watch a filipino playing in US NCAA is Japeth with WKU and we know what happened to him and he barely played due to injuries and he step on that damn ball (no jinx) stay healthy for kobe and keep improving.
            Last edited by Silent Killer; 07-19-2016, 02:28 PM.
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              that's good.. either off the bench guy or immediate starter for him.. looking forward to watch him play.. the last time i looking forward to watch a filipino playing in US NCAA is Japeth with WKU and we know what happened to him and he barely played due to injuries and he step on that damn ball (no jinx) stay healthy for kobe and keep improving.
              Pretty sure Kobe has made improvements over the last few or couple of months since he graduated high school. He has matured and is ready for sure!

Comment

• From the looks of it, they will use Kobe as a wingman (SG/SF) as it is position they lack currently. It's a little early but I liken the idea of Kobe patterning his game to Manu Ginobili's.
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                  From the looks of it, they will use Kobe as a wingman (SG/SF) as it is position they lack currently. It's a little early but I liken the idea of Kobe patterning his game to Manu Ginobili's.
                  Actually those are the only position kobe can play sg or sf in ncaa level.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                    From the looks of it, they will use Kobe as a wingman (SG/SF) as it is position they lack currently. It's a little early but I liken the idea of Kobe patterning his game to Manu Ginobili's.
                    based on this roster prior to Kobe's sigining, they lack players who plays SF.. only one i think plays SF..

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      based on this roster prior to Kobe's sigining, they lack players who plays SF.. only one i think plays SF..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9059[/ATTACH]
                      swingman is the most realistic route Kobe can go given that traditional SF's in the US are 6'8-6'9 on average. Kobe is 6'5-6'6 so it would be a mismatch. *Danny Green and Manu Ginobili comes to mind*
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        Actually those are the only position kobe can play sg or sf in ncaa level.
                        Should he suit up for the national team, I like him as a SG/SF because we lack a decent swingman. This would erase the headache of having two small guards on the floor so we can have this possible back-court trio:

Ravena (6'1) - Parks (6'4) - Paras (6'6)

Triangle Offense anyone?
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
                          Here you go. our very own DT, one step ahead...

Postby durden_tyler » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:47 pm
                          i suggest to the mods/admin to get a new server; we Filipinos love our basketball and should most discover this forum, you will thank me for my suggestion
                          Damn DT! You're a legend!

Comment

• So much worrying.
                            He chose a great school, great conference, very good team, very good coach. If he is ever going to make the NBA this is a great path. He'll become a solid SG this way. Even if he falls short of his NBA goal, he'll become an incredible asset to Gilas as the tall wing who can shoot 3s you so desperately need.

Also, Christian David has narrowed Creighton down to his 5 choices, they could have a lethal Filipino win tandem!
                            We The North

Comment

• Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
                              So much worrying.
                              He chose a great school, great conference, very good team, very good coach. If he is ever going to make the NBA this is a great path. He'll become a solid SG this way. Even if he falls short of his NBA goal, he'll become an incredible asset to Gilas as the tall wing who can shoot 3s you so desperately need.

Also, Christian David has narrowed Creighton down to his 5 choices, they could have a lethal Filipino win tandem!
                              Cautiously Optimistic should be our stance. I wish him all the best.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Kobe Paras maybe only 6'5-6'6 but he has a wingspan of 6'9 or 6'10 so he has no problem guarding tall sf

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information