This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
    The one thing that we the Philippine Basketball coaching community needs to do to move forward even more is to start trusting the youth in international competitions. Even politicians don't trust that they can do enough to win internationally. If we don't trust our future ballers, we will not move forward. Just look at what othersw are doing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-makes-the-cut
    Hi Tito Thoots. We're sending a team composed of former youth players and other young standouts to the Adidas Nations Global coached by Eric Gonzales and they will be implementing the dribble-drive-offense used by Gilas. They will represent the Philippines and will be exposed to fast and bigger teams from Europe and the US plus advanced regimen programs that will greatly enhance their individual skills.

Comment

The one thing that we the Philippine Basketball coaching community needs to do to move forward even more is to start trusting the youth in international competitions. Even politicians don't trust that they can do enough to win internationally. If we don't trust our future ballers, we will not move forward. Just look at what othersw are doing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-makes-the-cut
      I totally agree with this and thats the ideal way of forming and molding our feature basketball palyer.

But coach chot said other way around. MINAMAMA!! he he
      MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

• It maybe on the pressure on winning now and grab one of the 3 slots wherein the coaching staff and other personalities didnt select younger players. But it would have been OK for me putting in young bloods such as Rey Parks and another youngster to the team if theres no problem in them being on the team. We dont even "really" know why those 12 players were selected. But your son Tito Thoots has a very bright future ahead of him. Congratulations on how good you are in upbringing him. It is not just on the genes but on how the parents guide their children.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
          Hi Tito Thoots. We're sending a team composed of former youth players and other young standouts to the Adidas Nations Global coached by Eric Gonzales and they will be implementing the dribble-drive-offense used by Gilas. They will represent the Philippines and will be exposed to fast and bigger teams from Europe and the US plus advanced regimen programs that will greatly enhance their individual skills.
          Great step forward. We have an abundance of young, athletic talent back home. Exposure is key. There is only a limited "golden period" so the sooner, the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post
            I totally agree with this and thats the ideal way of forming and molding our feature basketball palyer.

But coach chot said other way around. MINAMAMA!! he he
            Everyone is entitled to their opinion even Chot. While the mina mama theory is true, we should not send a team full of rookies but it will not hurt having 1 or 2 youngbloods in there to compete against the best. I don't know coaches plan out their rotations but in reality when it comes to the earlier rounds, that's where you can have the young ones flex their muscles, in the later rounds, rotations only involve the top 8-9 players anyway. Besides, Ray Parks and Slaughter are no pushovers. Personally, I would have had Parks over one of the 3 point guards. But that's just me.

Comment

• I wonder if we can get an up to date info with today's game. It's a closed-door game. unless sir analyzed logs in.
              Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

• Originally posted by prince75 View Post
                It maybe on the pressure on winning now and grab one of the 3 slots wherein the coaching staff and other personalities didnt select younger players. But it would have been OK for me putting in young bloods such as Rey Parks and another youngster to the team if theres no problem in them being on the team. We dont even "really" know why those 12 players were selected. But your son Tito Thoots has a very bright future ahead of him. Congratulations on how good you are in upbringing him. It is not just on the genes but on how the parents guide their children.
                Thanks, we try our best. I can only pray that he finds what he is meant to do.

Comment

I hear this 16 year old phenom is playing for our youth team next year. He also holds a black belt and is currently a law student. Nice try "Gurami". But no dice.
                  Tall blacks has a young player in their roster but not 16 years old but 17..

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their opinion even Chot. While the mina mama theory is true, we should not send a team full of rookies but it will not hurt having 1 or 2 youngbloods in there to compete against the best. I don't know coaches plan out their rotations but in reality when it comes to the earlier rounds, that's where you can have the young ones flex their muscles, in the later rounds, rotations only involve the top 8-9 players anyway. Besides, Ray Parks and Slaughter are no pushovers. Personally, I would have had Parks over one of the 3 point guards. But that's just me.
                    lucky you tito thoots that youre one of the more respected posters here otherwise you would have already received ummmm ..... for mentioning slaughter and parks as wouldve, couldve part of the final lineup.
                    ...to each his own...

Comment

• snow badua ‏@snowbadua 4m
                      IN NEWS JUST IN: NOLI EALA has been traded to SAN MIGUEL INFRASTRUCTURE DEPARTMENT as consultant.

Comment

• Originally posted by patikar View Post
                        snow badua ‏@snowbadua 4m
                        IN NEWS JUST IN: NOLI EALA has been traded to SAN MIGUEL INFRASTRUCTURE DEPARTMENT as consultant.
                        Sir thanks for the info. But this should be placed in the Trade thread.
                        ‘They don’t pay you a million dollars for two-hand chest passes.’ - Pistol Pete Maravich

Comment

nice development. do we have the final lineup already? college standouts?
                          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by MD125 View Post
                            Sir thanks for the info. But this should be placed in the Trade thread.
                            sorry sir!

Comment

• Gilas pushes Tall Blacks to limit, loses by one point on late questionable call

The Philippine national men’s basketball team capped its New Zealand campaign the way it wanted – playing splendid basketball against A-grade competition like the Tall Blacks, the New Zealand national team.

The Gilas Pilipinas players pushed their world-class counterparts to the limit before dropping a heartbreaking 77-76 loss after a questionable call from one of the referees who officiated the game.

“We lost by one point on a very questionable call on a loose ball situation with only four seconds left,” wrote Reyes in a text message to InterAKTV.

“It should have gone overtime. Sayang.”

Nevertheless, the Filipinos ended their campaign on a strong note, playing with a lot of energy and determination against a crack team that had previously competed in the Olympics and World Championships.

Reyes was pleased with his wards’ performance, particularly the comebacking Marcus Douthit, who returned to action after resting the previous two games due to a nagging back problems.

“The guys really played well, especially Marcus. This is a great way to end this tour,” added Reyes.

The members of the Gilas Pilipinas squad return home to continue their buildup for the FIBA Asia Championship.

They play two more tune up matches – against a PBA select team and against Kazakhstan’s national squad – before gearing up for the August 1 to 11 tournament that serves as a qualifier to the World Cup in Spain next year.
                              Last edited by athangonzales; 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information