Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2013/2014

tyus official
    well we should start thinking of a el 2014 as a hell for us,because adding tyus its a signal about our roster level and budget invested

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    tyus official
    well we should start thinking of a el 2014 as a hell for us,because adding tyus its a signal about our roster level and budget invested
    Where did U C "official"?
    2022/2023:
    PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
    SG: Baldwin, Hollins
    SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
    PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
    PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

I think sportando said it was very close, should be signed early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
        Where did U C "official"?
        i didnt . a user wrote it as official in euroleague market topic
        anyway even just thinking of tyus it means a lot. totally far fromk euroleague level. some mucles with no ability to shoot even from 2 meters and with no ability to shoot ft. just some jumps as blatt like . blatt is bringing us to a level mta just rarely had in his euro history

Comment

I wrote and I also published it in eurobasket.com. It's not an official, but we have a fundemental agreement with him and he will sign oficially in the next few days. Maccabi will compensate Cantu in amount of 50K USD. In my opinion good sign and also probalby pushing Eliyahu out from this team. According the last meeting between the management and Eliyahu representatives, Maccabi wants to reduce 280K USD to Lior and right now he doesn't agree. Unless he'll found a team which will pay him this amount (only Euro team, and personally I think he is worth 500K USD, plus minus, not more), I don't see where he can leave. If Maccabi want to exit from the contract, they'll have to pay him 100K USD.
          5 times European champion
          50 times domestic league champion
          40 times domestic cup holders
          4 times league cup holders
          1 time Adriatic league champion
          1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
            I wrote and I also published it in eurobasket.com. It's not an official, but we have a fundemental agreement with him and he will sign oficially in the next few days. Maccabi will compensate Cantu in amount of 50K USD. In my opinion good sign and also probalby pushing Eliyahu out from this team. According the last meeting between the management and Eliyahu representatives, Maccabi wants to reduce 280K USD to Lior and right now he doesn't agree. Unless he'll found a team which will pay him this amount (only Euro team, and personally I think he is worth 500K USD, plus minus, not more), I don't see where he can leave. If Maccabi want to exit from the contract, they'll have to pay him 100K USD.
            the only good new is ely out. a veru mediocre pf imho. anyway tyus is absolutely not el stuff

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
              the only good new is ely out. a veru mediocre pf imho. anyway tyus is absolutely not el stuff
              You need to remember, that Tyus plays as an Israeli in the League.
              2022/2023:
              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Maccabi needs to splash the cash on two positions: #5 & #1. Last season we saw how awful we looked when James didn't have anybody to replace him when he was tired and with all the respect, Ricky is not a natural PG and Yogev is not an EL material to lead a team to the final four. With two good players in these positions, you can put James in his natural spot (PF) and Tyus will be his replacement while James can also play as a #5. Next to Hickman you put PG like Planinic', Aron Jackson, something like that and in #3 we'll have to see Devin stays or not. but for example, lineup of Planinic', Hickman, Devin, James, Hines or Dorsey can reach the F4.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                  You need to remember, that Tyus plays as an Israeli in the League.
                  also naimi is, also halperin is..

Comment

Maccabi needs to splash the cash on two positions: #5 & #1. Last season we saw how awful we looked when James didn't have anybody to replace him when he was tired and with all the respect, Ricky is not a natural PG and Yogev is not an EL material to lead a team to the final four. With two good players in these positions, you can put James in his natural spot (PF) and Tyus will be his replacement while James can also play as a #5. Next to Hickman you put PG like Planinic', Aron Jackson, something like that and in #3 we'll have to see Devin stays or not. but for example, lineup of Planinic', Hickman, Devin, James, Hines or Dorsey can reach the F4.
                    with all my respect for a fan like u who seems to be honest and not conditioned by passion (u should know here there are fans who like ALL mta players just to wear yellow),you .lineup is a top16 and will not get playoff too but would be a great lineup for blatt's bball style.a team who has f4 ambituos must have first of all one true star. navarro, spanoulis,b.brown for example. players who can invent point by themselves from nothing in every moment. plus , a team must hyave a perimetral organization ,so points from the arch and your lineup doesnt guarantee u this. last but not least, a team to be considered a strong team must have pontential points in many players hands. so this lineup compared with usual f4 teams, has no shooters (a team must have onb court at least 4 good shooters even from pf position), no talent, no scorers, no true star. i hardly hope just hickmanm and james will wear yellow among players u named,but i guess the team will be very close the one u wrote

Comment

I didn't post what lineup I want, I posted a realistic lineup according our budget, so you can forget to see here an European superstar like Spanoulis or Navarro, because there are lot's of teams who can offer x2 from what we can offer to these players, so don't count on it. And I do think that this kind of lineup can surprise and reach to the F4. We already saw Fener with 30M euro budget crash and didn't even qualify for the top 8.

Comment

I didn't post what lineup I want, I posted a realistic lineup according our budget, so you can forget to see here an European superstar like Spanoulis or Navarro, because there are lot's of teams who can offer x2 from what we can offer to these players, so don't count on it. And I do think that this kind of lineup can surprise and reach to the F4. We already saw Fener with 30M euro budget crash and didn't even qualify for the top 8.
                        i never condamned having no great budget. i even could say is immoral to spend how barca ,real, cska, fener, spend. i condamnd kind of basket and so consequencially kind of palyers we are adding lately. yes ,we cant add spanoulis or farmar. we probably could add brown anyway, but mainly we arent searching for shooters and talent. so we cant win el ,but we could anyway built better team with same budget we have . except 2003-2005, we never spent money as richest teams,but we often had and builted great teams on court because our way of adding players was based witrh different principles and i think even with better scouting team. blatt totally far from the kind of bball now is played in europe . he still consider the paint as before the arch was invented, we still count on muscles by big men altought actually even c and pf are good shooters. he absolutely miosconsider ball moviment for shooters from the arch,so obviosly he love hendrix or tyus . anyway we ll see. surely tyus as our first step, doesnt sound as a coming glorious year

Comment

I don't think a team needs a superstar, but a talisman type figure at point guard really helps and maybe as maccabeo said before, having such a player and pairing them with other good shooters is a great option for a team on a budget. Basically a (reasonably) quick guard who can penetrate, run the pick and roll and who is also a bit of a crazy shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                            I don't think a team needs a superstar, but a talisman type figure at point guard really helps and maybe as maccabeo said before, having such a player and pairing them with other good shooters is a great option for a team on a budget. Basically a (reasonably) quick guard who can penetrate, run the pick and roll and who is also a bit of a crazy shooter.
                            I agree, like we had Pargo, Bynum, Solomon. Brown is a good option and so is McCaleb, the question is how much they will ask and how much Maccabi is willing to invest. Anyhow, we cannot continue with neither Yogev or Ricky as our starting PG.

Comment

I agree, like we had Pargo, Bynum, Solomon. Brown is a good option and so is McCaleb, the question is how much they will ask and how much Maccabi is willing to invest. Anyhow, we cannot continue with neither Yogev or Ricky as our starting PG.
                              Siena didn't pay too much to Brown, he wasn't considered a superstar before this season, so they were able to get him relatively cheaply and he was able to thrive in their system. I liked what EuroStep wrote about how Siena play:

Siena’s system, which maximizes the potential of scoring guards by affording them great freedom, along with the spacing that turns that freedom into quality shots. - See more at: http://euro-step.net/euroleague-xs-o....BneLvcz4.dpuf
                              Would be interesting to see how he plays in another system. Obviously he will now be much more expensive for European teams but think he will explore NBA possibilities first.
                              Last edited by Jazz; 06-23-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information