Zalgiris 2013-1014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[hey, slow down there!! deleted] - levenspiel
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-08-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Gudaitis with another solid performance in Euroleague. 13 points, 7 boards in 26 minutes. I had no clue why Štombergas kept him on the bench after his great performance against Loko. The guys is delivering every time he's getting a decent chance. Let this young beast play!
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by mazeikis View Post
        [deleted]
        Yeah,maybe you should learn the difference between couch and coach then.
        Anyway,I just hope the mods will ban your sorry ass if not for being ignorant,then for being racist.
        Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-08-2014, 05:47 PM.
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by mazeikis View Post
          [deleted]
          Whoa, you don't say things like that here.

Zalgiris is living its worst nightmare now. They lost to Neptunas today and are now fourth in the LKL tournament table, behind Rytas, Neptunas and TonyBet. Why did the team lost? I'm not sure; I didn't see the game, but I'm guessing they were lacking motivation. Still, isn't it the coach's responsibility to motivate his players? Stombergas needs to work on that. Maybe it's also the players who are terrible/out of shape? The only true Zalgiris leaders at the moment are Jankunas and Javtokas. Gudaitis also contributes plenty and is a rising star. The rest of the players are pretty terrible. Pocius can have good nights, but is very inconsistent. I don't know what happened to Dentmon, he's no longer Zalgiris' star. Milaknis and Lipkevicius are polar opposites of each other, but both are inconsistent, Dimsa enjoys heavy minutes, but is rather inefficient with his playing time and Jasikevicius is a veteran who shouldn't be depended on. Zalgiris' guards are in very bad shape right now -- neither one of them can be trusted from day-to-day. Next season they should really look into getting some trustworthy LKL guards like Lukauskis, Mazeika and Ulanovas, because right now their guards, in my opinion, are dragging the team down. It's either that or the coach's failure to motivate his players.
          Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-08-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
            Whoa, you don't say things like that here.

Zalgiris is living its worst nightmare now. They lost to Neptunas today and are now fourth in the LKL tournament table, behind Rytas, Neptunas and TonyBet. Why did the team lost? I'm not sure; I didn't see the game, but I'm guessing they were lacking motivation. Still, isn't it the coach's responsibility to motivate his players? Stombergas needs to work on that. Maybe it's also the players who are terrible/out of shape? The only true Zalgiris leaders at the moment are Jankunas and Javtokas. Gudaitis also contributes plenty and is a rising star. The rest of the players are pretty terrible. Pocius can have good nights, but is very inconsistent. I don't know what happened to Dentmon, he's no longer Zalgiris' star. Milaknis and Lipkevicius are polar opposites of each other, but both are inconsistent, Dimsa enjoys heavy minutes, but is rather inefficient with his playing time and Jasikevicius is a veteran who shouldn't be depended on. Zalgiris' guards are in very bad shape right now -- neither one of them can be trusted from day-to-day. Next season they should really look into getting some trustworthy LKL guards like Lukauskis, Mazeika and Ulanovas, because right now their guards, in my opinion, are dragging the team down. It's either that or the coach's failure to motivate his players.
            This is serious kind of topic - It is OK for Zalgiris not to be winning in euroleague,and it is not OK for them to be losing in LKL.
            Reason one - demotivation.
            Players are not being paid - pff,what do you expect?
            Reason two - lack of interest to be a team.
            Most of our grand players will be leaving the club anyway in the summer.
            They are not playing for the future,just for the personal stats.Win or loose,as long as they get some plus 10 PIR ...
            3 - club has no vision.
            The club was supposed to be developing young players.Yet they get peanuts in playing time.
            So the elders are not trying enough,yet the young ones do not get (or get limited) chances.
            4 - the management has to support the head coach.Period.
            If it means that Jasikevicius has to go,so be it.Javtokas is not happy?Fuck him.
            The though that players can undermine the head coach and get a way with it?Probably by deliberately sabotaging LKL? Maybe Euroleague too.Just because they can and there is no one to stand up against it....Because they do not get paid anyway and there is nothing you can do about it?
            So,to tie it up neatly -
            no money,players do what they want,Stombergas is a scapegoat.
            Good night
            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Got to love Arturas Gudaitis. 15 points and 6 rebounds in 11 minutes. As Žalgiris grabs firt win in LKL 4 finals. I really think he might be one of the most underrated Lithuanian young players.

I'm not a believer of Kupsas. Keep on devloping Gudaitis! I think Kupsas will end up as Siauliai/Neptunas material from what I've seen so far.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I really disliked Cizauskas' attitude in today's game against Pieno zvaigzdes. Instead of going back on defense after a turnover he lay on the ground, begging the refs to whistle the foul. Seriously? Get up and keep fighting! He also got a technical foul for his arguments with the refs. He's caught, as we say, a star's disease, probably from Jasikevicius. I just hope that he gets his head straight and regains his fighter's mentality. He's probably our only hope as a backup PG, and right now, he's disappointing everyone with his lackluster game. Good call by Krapikas to kick him out of the game. I hope he gave a long talk to the youngster about his attitude.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information