No announcement yet.

Music Videos With Tributes to Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mentioned Tim McGraw for his immense love of basketball and how he had put in his country antheme-like song "Cowboy In Me" (the live version) a video footage of him playing basketball...

And as if just to prove yet one more time his love for the game, he has paid another tribute in his new hit song "Last Dollar" where yet again basketball is featured between 0:51 and 0:55:

The lyrics about wings and flying seem to be perfect for basketball players as well.
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Michelle wants to criticize Britney Spears triviaising her video. "Hit Me Baby One More Time". She says: "Oh yeah, gyrating and lip-synching on a basketball court counts..."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Personal opinions about videos are fine with me, by all means. We can object to any or all the videos as lame, mediocre, unworthy. Almost everybody hated Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe as talentless rappers (those who criticize them do have good reason... anyway they are basically players more than rappers... so their output is more like posing and imitating... Even Shaquille's acting may suck.. but then he is a player, not an actor.. he is jumping on the bandwagon..)

One sent me a message saying country music is crap... Why do I put nobody's like Tim McGraw or Kenny Chesney or Sugarland here... Why don't we stick with rap that is the ultimate medium for displaying basketball culture, he reasoned. But please no Marky Mark, he simply can't rap to music... (another video I had featured). He also noted LuDux's videos were quite superior as basketball value and as music videos.

But I come from an altogether different mindset. The whole reason for putting them (they might have just 2-3 seconds in the whole video - so definitely not basketball videos... like Blink 182's "What's My Age Again?" or Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" or Coldplay's "Scientist" or Sugarland's "Want To" or Tim McGraw's "Last Dollar") is acknowledging anybody's effort to say he/she loves the game in their official music videos. I am putting the videos, not for their "value" as music videos, but as a display of all those who wanted to show their love to basketball as a tribute. Many of our colleagues never had the notion there were these specific basketball references in these specific videos (they might not have the time to watch thousands of pop videos... they have better things to do). But at least when put here, conveniently, one after the other, they know these songs and the precious basketball references they carry... I just hope many more put videos here that do have such, albeit brief references to basketball...

In theory, the singers don't really have to put any basketball in their songs, yet they do. Most of the video may not be about basketball whatsoever except in passing, for a brief second or two. Some may have no connection to the game itself and this may be their very brief greeting to the game before moving to other things... But for me, that's all it takes to embrace these particular artists and appreciate what they have done is to have these small snippets they they put in their videos. If only we feature proper purely basketball songs, the list would be too short and all these videos would be discarded (though hopefully not)

Regarding Britney Spears, I do not have such a high opinion of her general music output either. But yet I know that she has publicly displayed huge dedication, actually played basketball in many charity events (was a basketball player as a start) and clearly her big break to music was through this so-called basketball video where she "gyrates" on court... But isn't that what basketball cheerleaders do? Or take it as just a fantasy / fetish she obviously has for basketball guys.

"Hit Me Baby One More Time" remains truly a video of typical school yard crush when girls see basketball boys passing by. The male dancers (with basketball jersey numbers 20,10 and 5...) act as basketball fetish in the video. Inside the court, the crush is also displayed where she exchanges secret looks with the lonely basketball player and he for a second returns with such a yearning look, and then moves along to some other girl as Britney is shown all alone dreaming holding a basketball, by her hands then putting them down near her feet... to be awakened to he real world by the school bell to leave all yearning for this basketball guy and back to lessons... I believe this is a video that definitely counts as a basketball tribute...
      Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I believe this thread has jumped the shark!
        Michelle Tackabery
        Tackabery Chronicle
        Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Aaradhna and Savage in "They Don't Know"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Paul Simon "Me and Julio Down By The School Yard"

Paul Simon even plays some basketball in it...
            Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

DJ Bobo "Respect Yourself" -- People playing basketball and a boy dreaming of basketball

This is not the only basketball connected video that he did DJ Bobo comes to the theme of basketball on yet another video that starts with basketball and ends with basketball. Check the scenes in his video "Pray"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Kris Kross: It's A Shame

Also in the Kris Kross video "Warm It Up Kris"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Pink - there you go

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

basketball players > video game players
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Kamini in "Marly-Gomont"

Even in Marly-Gomont, a commune of the Aisne département, in northern France (where Kamini is the only black guy) "il y a un terrain de tennis et un terrain de basket" (a tennis court and a basketball court).
                    Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Jack Johnson's "Sitting, Waiting,Wishing"

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpREoIqUDM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYDBtKeG2k

Comment

Originally posted by HABIBI
                          The videos of those two guys are hilarious
                          Last edited by rikhardur; 02-16-2007, 09:21 AM.
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

music band Athena composed this song for the World Championship 2001 played in Turkey.
                            This song became a basketball hymn in our country. Our National Baketball team has been called "12 Dev Adam" (12 Giant Men)

Comment

Here is a very recent international hit by DJ Erick E "The Beat Is Rockin'"

features basketball dribbling practice
                              Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

How about the unforgettabale "Walk of Life", a classic hit of Dire Straits. Here is the American version with a lot of memorable basketball footage:

although the international version was so much different

Last edited by worldbasketball; 04-03-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information