Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA's Rockets and Pacers due to play in the Philippines

NBA's Rockets and Pacers due to play in the Philippines - Feb 9, 2013

Basketball fans in the Philippines, brace yourselves.

The National Basketball Association's (NBA) Houston Rockets and the Indiana Pacers are scheduled to play during next season in Manila and Taipei though it is not yet confirmed if it is a pre-season or a regular season game as confirmed by Li Shuangfu on his Twitter account @LiShuangfu.

The Rockets, who features All-Star James Harden (196-SG-89, college: Arizona St.) and the sensational Jeremy Lin (191-PG-88, college: Harvard), the perpetrator of Linsanity, in a stretch of impressive games with the New York Knicks last season, is currently in the hunt for a playoff race as it currently sits at 8th place of the Western Conference with a 28-24 win-loss record. Houston will also host the upcoming 2013 All-Star weekend which will feature different events such as the All-Star game, the Rising Star Challenge, three-point shootout, and the Slam Dunk showdown.

On the other hand, the Pacers, having a breakout season lead by its first time All-Star, Paul George (206-G/F-90, college: Fresno St.), is currently at 3rd in the Eastern Conference just behind the Miami Heat and the Knicks with a 31-20 win-loss card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from Asia-basket.com I don't know if it's an early April fools prank
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    NBA's Rockets and Pacers due to play in the Philippines - Feb 9, 2013

Basketball fans in the Philippines, brace yourselves.

The National Basketball Association's (NBA) Houston Rockets and the Indiana Pacers are scheduled to play during next season in Manila and Taipei though it is not yet confirmed if it is a pre-season or a regular season game as confirmed by Li Shuangfu on his Twitter account @LiShuangfu.

The Rockets, who features All-Star James Harden (196-SG-89, college: Arizona St.) and the sensational Jeremy Lin (191-PG-88, college: Harvard), the perpetrator of Linsanity, in a stretch of impressive games with the New York Knicks last season, is currently in the hunt for a playoff race as it currently sits at 8th place of the Western Conference with a 28-24 win-loss record. Houston will also host the upcoming 2013 All-Star weekend which will feature different events such as the All-Star game, the Rising Star Challenge, three-point shootout, and the Slam Dunk showdown.

On the other hand, the Pacers, having a breakout season lead by its first time All-Star, Paul George (206-G/F-90, college: Fresno St.), is currently at 3rd in the Eastern Conference just behind the Miami Heat and the Knicks with a 31-20 win-loss card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from Asia-basket.com I don't know if it's an early April fools prank

nice, though I was able to read in a Chinese website that the Rockets will be playing against the Lakers in Beijing and Shanghai as part of the NBA China Games, hope its not a hoax, this Rockets team is fun to watch, Harden has evolved into a superstar, Lin is slowly regaining his Linsanity form, Asik a consistent double double machine and Parsons transforming to a all purpose swiss army knife like Lamar Odom

correction : the Warriors would play the Lakers in China, mercurynews.com also reports that the Rockets would play the Pacers in Manila and Taipei

Comment

Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
      shet i knew it!!! the houston rockets vs. the indiana pacers will push through!!! matutuloy nga!!!
      MOA it is...better save up now..cancel all valentine dates!!!

BDCUBhnCMAALdd1.jpg
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

MOA it is...better save up now..cancel all valentine dates!!!
        As i've said in the other thread. Pota. This is bad news. Bad news for the wallet.
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
          As i've said in the other thread. Pota. This is bad news. Bad news for the wallet.
          ok lang yun you always lose on bets anyways making you the official SMB lights/red horse sponsor of IBN Pilipinas lol.

Comment

ok lang yun you always lose on bets anyways making you the official SMB lights/red horse sponsor of IBN Pilipinas lol.
            Exactly, time to double up on the bets!

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

hahaha babawi si DT..If you guys will be around MOA vicinity this August and probably the NBA game,I suggest you go to San Miguel by the bay where the seafood paluto's are..I can't promise a big discount but a 10-15% discount is a discount nonetheless..go to Norberto's grill hehehe.

Comment

manila bay drinking + girls? hohoho
                We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

nice...

Comment

better save up for the tickets, see you there guys

Comment

hahaha babawi si DT..If you guys will be around MOA vicinity this August and probably the NBA game,I suggest you go to San Miguel by the bay where the seafood paluto's are..I can't promise a big discount but a 10-15% discount is a discount nonetheless..go to Norberto's grill hehehe.
                      Great, we'll assume you own the place and make it the Official Post Viewing Party Venue for our event. We'll add, "brought to you by Norberto's Grill" in our sigs, you grt the ads, we get a 50% discount.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

One NBA game is not enough to satisfy Filipino fans, they should come out with a couple of games per year. Or at least try to come here once a year, just like what the English Premiere League teams are doing with the other SEA countries.

As it is, I expect that the MoA Arena will be filled to the rafters, and that tickets will go very quickly. Expect tickets to be sold out within an hour or so in the internet once they make it available. And tickets from the scalpers are going to be stratospheric ...
                        Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Great, we'll assume you own the place and make it the Official Post Viewing Party Venue for our event. We'll add, "brought to you by Norberto's Grill" in our sigs, you grt the ads, we get a 50% discount.
                          Sad to say I dont own the place and I cant give you such discount lol but we might have a discount if I'll be around .I'm contemplating going to Manila this August because I still have a lot of errands to run.Let's see..

Comment

Originally posted by Jared03 View Post
                            manila bay drinking + girls? hohoho
                            For people with cars, AF1 is just a few minutes' drive away.
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information