No announcement yet.

NBA's Rockets and Pacers due to play in the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in this one!!!! Save up! Wonder when will this be?

Comment

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...xc6wws.twitter

and it is a REGULAR SEASON GAME!!!! have to REALLY save up.. pota..

Comment

it sez on the link that rockets and pacers aren't sure yet..

i sure do hope that miami will come
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
          For people with cars, AF1 is just a few minutes' drive away.
          maybe these elders can bring their respective cars :P
          We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
            Great, we'll assume you own the place and make it the Official Post Viewing Party Venue for our event. We'll add, "brought to you by Norberto's Grill" in our sigs, you grt the ads, we get a 50% discount.
            Para maiba, since marami tayo. Eto naman ang pustahan. Ending. P20 ang bet.... 100 combinations to chose from so winner get's 2k worth of Beers and Pulutan(Non convertible to cash). To be awarded after the game. Whoever wins gets lotsa Booze and Pulutan to Share.
            sigpic

Parties, Potluck, Meetings... No Time to Cook, Budget a bit tight. Need a catering service, food tray, or packed lunch?

Try this: https://www.facebook.com/kitchennipam

Comment

Originally posted by ArAg0n View Post
              Para maiba, since marami tayo. Eto naman ang pustahan. Ending. P20 ang bet.... 100 combinations to chose from so winner get's 2k worth of Beers and Pulutan(Non convertible to cash). To be awarded after the game. Whoever wins gets lotsa Booze and Pulutan to Share.
              Naku settle muna natin yung last baka lista sa tubig lang lahat. Haha.
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                Naku settle muna natin yung last baka lista sa tubig lang lahat. Haha.
                I agree. Wala nga sumagot sa last message ko. Trans: Pay up!
                sigpic

Parties, Potluck, Meetings... No Time to Cook, Budget a bit tight. Need a catering service, food tray, or packed lunch?

Try this: https://www.facebook.com/kitchennipam

Comment

great year for pinoy basketball fans. August is the FIBA Asia while October is the NBA!

but not great for the savings i cant afford having both. so i'd choose FIBA Asia as it is truly once in a lifetime experience.

for the NBA, i know the preseason game would be a success, so i guess it will be back for another year. hehe.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                    great year for pinoy basketball fans. August is the FIBA Asia while October is the NBA!

but not great for the savings i cant afford having both. so i'd choose FIBA Asia as it is truly once in a lifetime experience.

for the NBA, i know the preseason game would be a success, so i guess it will be back for another year. hehe.
                    I think they still won't prioritize the Philippines in the future. They hold games in China and Europe because they know that they can improve their exposure in these areas greatly. There are also potentially huge returns when they market to these countries because of their population and spending power.

On the other hand, the Philippines offer very little potential when it comes to additional fans because of the lower population and because most of us are NBA fans anyway. So there's no reason for the NBA to turn the Philippines into fans because the country already loves basketball and the NBA. In Europe, basketball I think is a distant 2nd place so there's room for improvement. For China, they're just hoping to lure in more Chinese to buy their merchandise and support the NBA.

I think this is more of a "thank you" to the Philippines than a marketing strategy.

But yeah, I'm just glad that we're given this opportunity. How much were the tickets during the NBA all-star event here? I think that's a good gauge.
                    Hello Lipa: Lipa City's First and Biggest Lifestyle Blog

Comment

^^^
                      On the contrary, NBA teams would prefer to go to go countries where they will still play to full house crowds despite the expensive tickets, and right now the Philippines is one such country.

Our Football-crazy Asian neighbors get a major Division 1 European club playing there almost every year for the past couple of years. Manchester United is going to Thailand and then Hong Kong middle of this year.

I think a once a year game in the Philippines would be nice, I am sure the fans will keep filling up the stadiums if it is once a year ...
                      Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

see you there guys

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
                          ^^^
                          On the contrary, NBA teams would prefer to go to go countries where they will still play to full house crowds despite the expensive tickets, and right now the Philippines is one such country.

Our Football-crazy Asian neighbors get a major Division 1 European club playing there almost every year for the past couple of years. Manchester United is going to Thailand and then Hong Kong middle of this year.

I think a once a year game in the Philippines would be nice, I am sure the fans will keep filling up the stadiums if it is once a year ...
                          Well, I think the NBA will still prioritize China and Europe for the preseason games. Don't they sell out stadiums there as well? IIRC, the Heat and the Clippers played in two sold out games in China in the same trip. In addition, they're able to increase their exposure in these areas and improve the knowledge of the people there when it comes to the NBA.

I think the edge that other countries have is potential. The NBA wants to get as many fans as possible, and they'll hold games where they think they need to lure more fans. This is why they always hold games in China and Europe. Can you imagine if they turn at least half of the Chinese and the Europeans into NBA fans? That would be insane, but that's what they're after - new fans.

On the other hand, they've already established a fanbase here in the Philippines, and the potential for growth is minimal because of our smaller population, lower spending power, and the fact that we're generally an NBA-loving country anyway.

The potential earnings that they'll get from turning a country like China into an NBA-loving country will surpass whatever earnings that they'll get from a jam-packed stadium here. It's not even close.

The NBA is even investing $1.5 billion in China:

National Basketball Association to open glitzy $1.5 billion, 2,300-acre sports and entertainment superstructure on outskirts of Beijing

I agree that a once a year game will be nice, and it will be sold out, but I don't see that happening. The NBA is a business and they'll prioritize the countries that will give them the best returns.
                          Hello Lipa: Lipa City's First and Biggest Lifestyle Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FilipinoDad View Post
                            Well, I think the NBA will still prioritize China and Europe for the preseason games. Don't they sell out stadiums there as well? IIRC, the Heat and the Clippers played in two sold out games in China in the same trip. In addition, they're able to increase their exposure in these areas and improve the knowledge of the people there when it comes to the NBA.

I think the edge that other countries have is potential. The NBA wants to get as many fans as possible, and they'll hold games where they think they need to lure more fans. This is why they always hold games in China and Europe. Can you imagine if they turn at least half of the Chinese and the Europeans into NBA fans? That would be insane, but that's what they're after - new fans.

On the other hand, they've already established a fanbase here in the Philippines, and the potential for growth is minimal because of our smaller population, lower spending power, and the fact that we're generally an NBA-loving country anyway.

The potential earnings that they'll get from turning a country like China into an NBA-loving country will surpass whatever earnings that they'll get from a jam-packed stadium here. It's not even close.

The NBA is even investing $1.5 billion in China:

National Basketball Association to open glitzy $1.5 billion, 2,300-acre sports and entertainment superstructure on outskirts of Beijing

I agree that a once a year game will be nice, and it will be sold out, but I don't see that happening. The NBA is a business and they'll prioritize the countries that will give them the best returns.
                            I agree its a business, but its not all about profit, or else none of the big clubs would go anywhere except its home base. Its also a matter of maintaining their foothold. Once a year games in a Basketball-crazy country like the Philippines won't disrupt their operations much in China or elsewhere, and at the same time they foster goodwill and earn a profit also since Filipinos will be coming to the games in droves.

To me it is absolutely criminal that the NBA has not come to the ONLY Basketball crazy country in South East Asia in decades. They should emulate what Football clubs are doing, which is continue to foster goodwill in Football-crazy countries throughout the region.

Take note that there aren't very many countries where people are crazy about Basketball. You have the US, China, some of the Eastern European countries, etc. but generally Football trumps Basketball in popularity in most of the world's countries.

The NBA hasn't been doing that well in the main European countries, for example. They have been trying, but up to now Basketball is a poor second sport in Europe. Germany didn't even care much about Dirk Nowitzki in the NBA Finals a couple of years ago, while the Bundesliga averages over 40k fans per game day.

Comment

P50,000 per seat? NBA official sheds light on issue amid fears of 'ridiculous' ticket prices

FACTS: "The NBA's highest official in the Philippines said ticket prices for the historic preseason game between the Houston Rockets and Indiana Pacers have yet to be set amid reports on social networking sites that tickets for the so-called 'Jack Nicholson' seats could go as high as P50,000.

The reports, which first surfaced on Twitter and came from people who are related to the family of SM Prime Holdings Inc. president Hans Sy, said spots behind the bench of the two NBA games as well as other choice seats at ringside will cost P50,000.

The sources said the information came from Sy himself."

well-known import agent Sheryl Reyes said the rumored ticket prices are according to NBA standards.

“Sa States that’s the price eh. It’s the way the league charges, for sure (yung P50,000 na ticket) courtside na yun. Mahal talaga ang tickets dun tapos dadalhin pa rito yung mga players, added cost yun,” Reyes said.

Reyes said "tickets to the NBA Ultimate All Star Weekend sponsored by basketball patron Manny V. Pangilinan were priced much lower, at less than P6,000 for patron seats, because the one-off exhibition matches happened during the NBA lockout and therefore did not involve the league in the negotiations."

“Eh kasi lock-out nun, kaya hindi involved ang NBA," she said.
                              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                              Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

P50,000 I think is ridiculous. Maximum ticket price of the NBA game in Shanghai last year was "only" RMB3,200 or P21k ... http://www.culture.sh.cn/english/product.asp?id=11765.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information