Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    Some interesting comments from Hamed Haddadi

He says after losing in Wuhan, these past two years was like a nightmare for him, now he feels good. he says he was thinking about that "Jordan Games" almost everyday and now he can forget that.

He also thinks Mehdi Kamrani and Oshin Sahakian deserved the MVP award more than him !
    Dunno..I thought Iran didn't need to raise up to another gear to dominate this tournament.. Its frustrating that they didn't to play their best to win ita all unlike last year where guys like Jamshidi, kardoust ,Arghavan and Davoudi who rise to the occasion to beat Japan..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
      Dunno..I thought Iran didn't need to raise up to another gear to dominate this tournament.. Its frustrating that they didn't to play their best to win ita all unlike last year where guys like Jamshidi, kardoust ,Arghavan and Davoudi who rise to the occasion to beat Japan..
      I have to agree..it seems that when hamed is on the bench, it looks like iran is just an ordinary team (at least during the finals)..other players aside from kamrani and nikkah, were having a hard time stepping up..

Comment

• Originally posted by ak1105 View Post
        I have to agree..it seems that when hamed is on the bench, it looks like iran is just an ordinary team (at least during the finals)..other players aside from kamrani and nikkah, were having a hard time stepping up..
        thats why I like Iran when they aren't complete.. Asian Games 2010 is good example and their jones Cup team.. and when they are complete like in 2011.. OVERCONFIDENCE sets in for them..Iran needs to be pushed maybe next year world cup maybe the key..

Comment

thats why I like Iran when they aren't complete.. Asian Games 2010 is good example and their jones Cup team.. and when they are complete like in 2011.. OVERCONFIDENCE sets in for them..Iran needs to be pushed maybe next year world cup maybe the key..
          Philippines NT is best team that I have ever seen in ASIA.

Comment

I noticed there are only 10 days gap between World Championship in Spain and 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, so we probably can send the same team to both tournaments ?! we missed both 2006 and 2010 finals after a 3pts defeat to host teams ! we could win both games, specially in 2010 we even had the procession (Oshin missed the lay-up and Wang Shipeng answered by a 3) back in Guangzhou we were without Haddadi, Samad and Arsalan and also Afagh was just recovering from his injury. and they still won the bronze and it could be easily gold. (not that bad for a so-called "average" team) I hope this time we can send our complete roster.

2014 will be a busy year, we have 2014 FIBA Asia Cup too, I hope they send a B team, Iran won 2012 tournament by an incomplete and unprepared team. this is a good opportunity to use players like Mashayekhi and Yakhchali.
            Fujian Club team which is in CBA league are hoping to grab Samad in these days.But Samad isn‘t out of contract this summer and they need negotiate with Samad and his agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester Bo McCalebb View Post
              Philippines NT is best team that I have ever seen in ASIA.
              Glad to hear that... But we can be better than what we are right now...

Comment

Glad to hear that... But we can be better than what we are right now...
                Yeah.If Philippine is complete,you can win all the opponents besides USA.

Comment

Lol we already beat them in Jones Cup

Comment

Lol we already beat them in Jones Cup
                    By the way,are your coach Chot Reyes from Chinese origin?

Comment

By the way,are your coach Chot Reyes from Chinese origin?
                      Youve been asking this fir several days, hmmmm... anyway me personally I don't know but a lot of filipinos have a little bit of chinese blood so my guess is he does have some, better ask him yourself if you have twitter

Comment

I think Daouvdi and Kardoust did their duty as reserve players well. Aren actually played an important role in semifinal and final (and 1st game vs Korea) when Plan A didn't work and they had to play Plan B with Haddadi. Iran played poor in both games and they had to change something, I can't blame Becirovic for that, it was the "safest" way to win. Kardoust also didn't play bad as reserve center. you may see Haddadi more important in stat sheet but if you watch the games everytime Memi played with Kardoust, it didn't affect the result at all. even though I believe Kardoust always plays much better when he starts the game. he needs more time on the court to get confidence.

but on other side Arghavan had a poor tournament, Becirovic gave him a lot of undeserved time, probably Sohrabnejad deserved it. if Kazemi joins the team and Sohrabnejad wants to continue his career with the national team, Arghavan probably has to sit out. we also have Mohammad Hassanzadeh.

Jamshidi had one or two good games but in general I was expecting much more from him. probably not experienced enough to handle the pressure.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by budz17 View Post
                            Youve been asking this fir several days, hmmmm... anyway me personally I don't know but a lot of filipinos have a little bit of chinese blood so my guess is he does have some, better ask him yourself if you have twitter
                            Thank you.I have asked him in twitter a few days ago,but he didn't answer me.

Comment

beat Iran first...
                              sigpic

Comment

Jamshidi had one or two good games but in general I was expecting much more from him. probably not experienced enough to handle the pressure.
                                But games in 2012 Asai Cup had more pressure than the games in Asian Champs..
                                Did he perform well in Jones Cup.. did he have a solid season in your domestic league before the injury.. If it is yes then its just one of the tournaments that he struggles because of lack of significant pt or when he plays its a won game already for Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information