Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Top 16 Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    ..... Lietuvos must REALLY suck to lose to such a 'sucky' team as Besiktas, but I don't see anyone in here saying that.
    There are not much fans of Lietuvos Rytas in this forum, that's why there are not much of talking about this teams defeats. But there were lots of "it sucked!" talking in Lithuanian forums after losing to Besiktas. But now, looking at how Rytas played in VTB last month, it is obvious that Rytas was worse than Besiktas this season.... Nothing to say. It was the easiest group and they didn't make it...

Well, I actually prefer Zalgiris coming with 1-3 now actually, because as you recall they came with a 4-0 record last time and they had the wind behind them and their confidence was very high, Efes was 3-1 too at the time but it didn't help them. Zalgiris definitely does not want to lose and get 3 games behind Efes, which puts pressure on them, and Zalgiris still has to show that they can win under pressure.

Thanks to Mahmuti I expect Efes to come with a right mindstate and a good tactic, they will definitely not understimate Zalgiris, because it's a great EL team, they have lost twice to them and they will be motivated. The momentum is with Efes now and if they can win that would be a huge blow to Zalgiris, but even then Zalgiris wouldn't be out of it in the very least. It will be a very good, exciting game with a typical Euroleague charm, I'm looking forward to it already
    If Darjus will be ready as much as 70% for that game and if there'll be no new injuries - we will win this. I'm sure. But there are all those "if"....

Thanks for the insight man, I see that Rytas is 5-6 in the VTB league, I honestly would not have expected that either. Last year I really liked the team in the Eurocup

Quote Originally Posted by baelor View Post
    If Darjus will be ready as much as 70% for that game and if there'll be no new injuries - we will win this. I'm sure. But there are all those "if"....
    I have only had the chance to see Zalgiris like five times this season so I might be wrong but more than Darjus I fear Zalgiris' back court. But that also relates to each other because if Darjus will have a good game he will draw attention and the smalls will have opportunities to shoot, which they are very good at. But then again the bigs are Efes' problem so Darjus might take advantage of that and be the key piece. Fact is that Zalgiris is a well rounded team with quality all around, if you shut down A they will go to B or they might even do A and B at the same time.

It is that Efes has a better record and momentum/motivation now that gives me hope, if both teams had the same record I would give the favorites role to Zalgiris

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    zalgiris lose against top favorite at home and have 2 loses against real and panathinakios decided by 1 ball, all lot more expensive teams then zalgiris....and they are medicore team and season is over for them?????
    We ll see if zalgiris will go to playoff or not after played with all teams of his goup. i dont think zalgiris roster is a good roster

Quote Originally Posted by baldur View Post
    how can you think season is over for zalgiris?

they have a bad starting schedule. even that they could have been 3-1, instead of 1-3. it would be hard, but i think zalgiris is going to get 4th spot at least in that group.
    I didn't say that (and I've buy ticket to London among ZAL fans!)..

I'd like to underline that even with new team/formula.. top16 curse on ZAL seems keep going on...
    MAD ABOUT BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    I didn't say that (and I've buy ticket to London among ZAL fans!)..

I'd like to underline that even with new team/formula.. top16 curse on ZAL seems keep going on...
    I don't think it was a curse it's just how good we were in previous seasons - Top16 team at most: no good PG, no decent C, no coach. So no basics what comes to serious contender for higher goals or atleast Top8. Then 0/6 or 1/5 or 2/4 it doesn't matter much as we simply didn't deserve more. This season is different, we're finally contenders for that Top8 spot, but surely not a lock. I predicted 3-5th place for us in this group and I'll stick with that

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    ....I predicted 3-5th place for us in this group and I'll stick with that
    Very true.

Thanks for the insight man, I see that Rytas is 5-6 in the VTB league, I honestly would not have expected that either. Last year I really liked the team in the Eurocup
    Man, Rytas's team is the worst now for its history probably. There are lots of problems: financial and management...I don't have lots of hopes for future.

Khimki-maccabi will be delayed for 15 minutes due to massive traffic on the way to the arena. The teams arrived to the arena just 10 minutes ago

I think It's CSKA then Real-Zalgiris-Efes for top 8, the latter 3 will fight for the spots. I don't think Real is unbeatable, Real type game somehow collapses when it matters.
    Efes-Zalgiris game is very important. PAO lacks quality and Unicaja is Unicaja.

Good to see at least one Turkish team giving hope about play-offs.

Also, I think Fener wins tonight, Baskonia is too flawed to get 4-0.

Good to have Khimki back, they are a joy to watch this year.
    poof

after 1q in moscow, is it possibile to take off ohayon from the court thanks to some rule about a violated euroleague level ? i'm really sorrry for people who has no chance to see his orrible level. i'm terrorized every time he has ball in hands
    Last edited by maccabeo; 01-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Did you see the red led light and hear the siren when time is up??

Time ended and nothing happened for 1-2 seconds when Khimki players had the ball..It is obviously not working as wanted..We had lost the game because of this..
    IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2014-15 possible roster wish

Bo McCalebb, Teodosic, Kenan Sipahi, Berk
    Langford, Preldzic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Manny Harris, Zisis, Melih Mahmutoğlu
    Bojan Bogdanovic, Dario Saric, Milosavljevic, Maciulis, Zoran Dragic, Kinsey, K.Simon, Blazic
    N.Bjelica, Kleiza, Teletovic, Freeland, Lauvergne, Doellman, İlkan Karaman
    Lasme, Dubljevic, Tomic, Krstic, Paul Davis, Pleiss, O.D. Anosike, Oğuz Savaş

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    after 1q in moscow, is it possibile to take off ohayon from the court thanks to some rule about a viloated euroleague level ? i'm really sorrry for people who has no chance to see his orrible level. i'm terrorized every time he has ball in hands
    it is enough an average italian play maker instead of ohayon to transofm this team . u cant imagine..

fantastic khimki defese in 2nd quater
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    fantastic khimki defese in 2nd quater
    when the opponets are organized by ohayon-roth, its easy to defend. is rare to see a team that play a so ridiculos basket like mta. mediocre coach, average roster, dramatic playmaker. basket is an easy game
    P.S. PLANINIC/SHERMADINI?AHAHA
    the blatt system
    Last edited by maccabeo; 01-18-2013 at 04:17 PM.

when the opponets are organized by ohayon-roth, its easy to defend. is rare to see a team that play a so ridiculos basket like mta. mediocre coach, average roster, dramatic playmaker. basket is an easy game

the blatt system
    Man, you NEED a real playmaker. I cannot see Roth playing in euroleague, with due respect for him.
    Mens Sana 2013-2014
    Erick Green - Cournooh
    Haynes - Janning
    Carter - Viggiano
    Nelson - Ress
    Hunter - Ortner

Khimki did the same to Barcelona too..Great defence in 2nd quarter.. 7 blocks

Bojan Bogdanovic, Dario Saric, Milosavljevic, Maciulis, Zoran Dragic, Kinsey, K.Simon, Blazic

P.S. PLANINIC/SHERMADINI?AHAHA
    the blatt system
    it's darko 4th game in el in his carer. shermadini playing el for years. anway darko was bad in defense, on ofense he opend lot of space for teamates., but didn't have any touches
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

3rd block to Shawn James

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast