2013 Philippine U16 NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    And a wake up call for the entire Philippine basketball community as well. Is this the "best" U-16 players we have in this country right now? Something I doubt very much.

How many U-16 players with great potential to be in this team but were prevented by their schools from joining this team? I heard San Beda didn't lend (as they had done many times) their players of this age category to the national U-16 team. I also heard that this team doesn't have a sponsor.

It's very unfortunate that pag Ateneo, La Salle, UST or FEU college varsity team, ang daming gustong mag sponsor. Ang daming gustong makisaw-saw sa popularity ng UAAP college basketball tournament. But when it comes to our national youth teams, only few people bother to care.

I think its time we change this mentality.
    that'll change if the boys qualified for u17 world championships.
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• If there's no sponsor, it's tough to get the best players...i hope no one's blaming SMC & eala about this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        that'll change if the boys qualified for u17 world championships.
        Hope so. But how could we qualify when we can't send the best talents available all because of the selfishness & unpatriotic act of schools like San Beda?

I mean, we can only achieve that if we do all the things that we need to do to be competitive. But how can we do that without the cooperation of everybody? Its as simple as that.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Hope so. But how could we qualify when we can't send the best talents available all because of the selfishness & unpatriotic act of schools like San Beda?

I mean, we can only achieve that if we do all the things that we need to do to be competitive. But how can we do that without the cooperation of everybody? Its as simple as that.
          Agree.
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

How many U-16 players with great potential to be in this team but were prevented by their schools from joining this team? I heard San Beda didn't lend (as they had done many times) their players of this age category to the national U-16 team. I also heard that this team doesn't have a sponsor.
            Decapia is a Red Cub. No other boys under 16 qualified for the team.

Comment

• We are still light years away when it comes to a grassroots NT program, specially when compared to the basketball powerhouses in Europe and Americas. There still isn't any continuity, we simply get the best players we can and then form a team out of that. Pretty much how our past senior teams were assembled.

European countries are really enviable in such that they really unite for their country's glory. Here it's just every man for himself + crab mentality as the kicker.

If we as a country, is solidly behind our basketball teams, we can easily form very competitive teams as early as the U16 tournaments followed by the U18, U19, U21 and seniors teams. Heck we can even be competitive in the annual Universiade if we decide to send the best collegiate players we have. Too bad all these is just wishful thinking.

Total unity seems far-fetched right now. If they can't do it for the seniors team, what more for the juniors team which do not get any public exposure.

Comment

most beda players are already 17.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

And a wake up call for the entire Philippine basketball community as well. Is this the "best" U-16 players we have in this country right now? Something I doubt very much.

It's very unfortunate that pag Ateneo, La Salle, UST or FEU college varsity team, ang daming gustong mag sponsor. Ang daming gustong makisaw-saw sa popularity ng UAAP college basketball tournament. But when it comes to our national youth teams, only few people bother to care.

I think its time we change this mentality.
                  Yup.sponsor is a big problem.smc prefer sponsoring UV than the youth team. Maybe you can help lool for a sponsor.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Malaysia made a huge run on the 2nd half.its true that our team was up by 20 pts.but,i really blame the coach on this for not adjusting their defense on the wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by slasher View Post
                      Decapia is a Red Cub. No other boys under 16 qualified for the team.
                      Well, I'm not just talking about the current youth team. I remember just a few years ago, guys like Arvin Tolentino & another San Beda Cub player were supposed to play for the RP U-16 team but San Beda won't allow them. Ilang beses na kasing nangyari ito eh
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                        We are still light years away when it comes to a grassroots NT program, specially when compared to the basketball powerhouses in Europe and Americas. There still isn't any continuity, we simply get the best players we can and then form a team out of that. Pretty much how our past senior teams were assembled.

European countries are really enviable in such that they really unite for their country's glory. Here it's just every man for himself + crab mentality as the kicker.

If we as a country, is solidly behind our basketball teams, we can easily form very competitive teams as early as the U16 tournaments followed by the U18, U19, U21 and seniors teams. Heck we can even be competitive in the annual Universiade if we decide to send the best collegiate players we have. Too bad all these is just wishful thinking.

Total unity seems far-fetched right now. If they can't do it for the seniors team, what more for the juniors team which do not get any public exposure.
                        No. We can't even get the "best" per se. We are always relegated to getting the best as what the schools will allow. That has been the story of our RP youth teams. And its getting worse

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          Malaysia made a huge run on the 2nd half.its true that our team was up by 20 pts.but,i really blame the coach on this for not adjusting their defense on the wing.
                          DS, who's the PHI U16 coach by the way?
                          AT SA TINGIN MO AY MAS MAHUSAY KA KESA KAY COACH CHOT?!

Comment

• Originally posted by angmamatayngdahilsa'yo View Post
                            DS, who's the PHI U16 coach by the way?
                            Jamike Jarin?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                              Malaysia made a huge run on the 2nd half.its true that our team was up by 20 pts.but,i really blame the coach on this for not adjusting their defense on the wing.
                              I would rather blame the schools that didn't lend their players. The coach will always be the scapegoat.

Let the coach choose all the players he wants in the team. Give the team the proper training it needs & let's see how the team performs. In that way, the coach will not have much excuse if the team fails.

If I am the coach of this RP U-16 team & things would go wrong, then I would just say, "Eh di nyo pinaglaro yung mga pinakamahusay na players natin eh. China, Iran, Korea, Japan, Taiwan (I'm talking here about the 2013 FIBA-Asia U-16 tournament) send their best players but we didn't. What could you expect?"

Talk about built-in excuses.

Comment

I would rather blame the schools that didn't lend their players. The coach will always be the scapegoat.

Let the coach choose all the players he wants in the team. Give the team the proper training it needs & let's see how the team performs. In that way, the coach will not have much excuse if the team fails.

If I am the coach of this RP U-16 team & things would go wrong, then I would just say, "Eh di nyo pinaglaro yung mga pinakamahusay na players natin eh. China, Iran, Korea, Japan, Taiwan (I'm talking here about the 2013 FIBA-Asia U-16 tournament) send their best players but we didn't. What could you expect?"

Talk about built-in excuses.
                                the schools did lend their players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information