Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Philippine U16 NT

Blue Eaglets mentor coaches Phl U-16

MANILA, Philippines - Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas executive director Sonny Barrios yesterday named Ateneo junior mentor Jamike Jarin as coach of the national youth team vice Olsen Racela, now the head coach of Petron Blaze in the PBA.

“He’s taking over this year as coach of the national under-16 team,” Barrios told The STAR yesterday.

“I was told by my SBP bosses as early as last December during the congress and my first task this year is to officially inform him of his appointment,” said Barrios.

Jarin steered the Eaglets to eight UAAP juniors championships in a 13-year stint and served as an assistant coach for 15 years for the Eagles when they won six titles, including a five-peat.

“It’s always an honor to be part of the national team,” said the 42-year-old Jarin, also one of the assistant coaches at Talk n Text in the PBA for three years now.

Jarin said the first thing he would do once he gets the official appointment papers is to scout for the best high school players in the land today and hold a series of national tryout.
    Sportshub ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

“We’re still waiting for the official appointment but if I’m given the green signal, I’ll start working so that we could have a good head start,” said Jarin.

Code:
    http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/01/03/892658/blue-eaglets-mentor-coaches-phl-u-16
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

who do you think guys are the players who could be included in that team?

paras brothers? aaron black? who else?

i hope tito thoots are coordinating with SBP for his son's inclusion.

any thoughts?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

we really have to prepare early. our neighbors been preparing already. this is a quote from the other topic.

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
      Japan's U16 national team have been preparing since last year through their recent U15 formation. They trained in the Czech Republic and in Germany. Two naturalized Africans are in the team.

Comment

Is this kid still eligible?

The most complete information about Corona, CA's basketball player, Sedrick Barefield, Point Guard (2015) - including bio, recruiting, news and videos.

This kid rank way higher than Ray Ray in his class2015

Fil-Am guard gaining attention from college recruiters
        By Steve Angeles, ABS-CBN News North America
        Posted at 01/10/2013 5:51 PM | Updated as of 01/10/2013 5:51 PM

CORONA, California – The Centennial High School Huskies basketball team, ranked as the fifth best in California, is in the hands of 16-year-old Filipino-American sophomore point guard Sedrick Barefield.

Standing 6-foot-1 and averaging just under 15 points a game, Barefield is considered by college scouts as one of the top high school point guards in the Class of 2015.

Despite his ability to score the basket, Barefield takes more pride in his ability to help his teammates.

“I just love playing basketball. If I see an open teammate, I’ll get it to him,” Barefield said. “I’m not a selfish person and I love to get my teammates involved.”

Barefield began playing basketball at age four. His passing and scoring abilities have caught the eyes of college scouts, as well as basketball enthusiasts in the Philippines, who believe he may eventually make it to the NBA.

At the moment, the 16-year-old remains focused on improving his game.

“I have to listen, I have to get in the gym every day, four to five hours a day,” he said. “No wasted days.”

The high school sophomore is scheduled to graduate in 2015 and has generated college scholarship interest from some of the top basketball powerhouses in the United States, including University of Connecticut, Boston College, Memphis and Kansas State.

Recruitment is expected to pick up more this summer and as he finishes his junior year.

“If he’s fortunate enough to go, we’d be very happy,” said Barefield’s mother, Kat Barefield. “He’s always wanted to play at a big school. He’s always wanted to play Division 1 basketball. You can’t ask for more as a mom if he actually gets the chance to go.”

Under NBA rules, a player needs to be out of high school for at least a year before being eligible for the rookie draft.

Kat and her husband Ray, a former college player at the San Diego State University, admit they would support him becoming the second Filipino in the NBA, but they prefer that Sedrick get a college degree.

Recruiting website Future150 has called Barefield “a monster in the open floor” and gushed about his ball-handling ability and court vision. [http://future150.com/hs/basketball-p...field-pg-2015]

“His strongest attribute might be his ability to run a team to perfection. He has good pace to his game and has the basketball IQ to put his team in position to win,” the scouting report said.

Barefield still needs to improve on his shot selection, especially as he has a tendency to dominate the ball at times. The point guard also needs to work on his strength and lateral quickness in an effort to improve as a defender.

Future150 gave Barefield a four-star rank and named him the ninth-best point guard in his recruitment class.

Respected recruitment website Scout.com gave Barefield a three-star rank and included him in the list of the top point guards of 2015.
        MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          who do you think guys are the players who could be included in that team?

paras brothers? aaron black? who else?

i hope tito thoots are coordinating with SBP for his son's inclusion.

any thoughts?
          Thirdy Ravena.
          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
            Thirdy Ravena.
            Jozef and Thirdy are in the same boat. Ineligible for the U16 but ok for next year's u18's. Sorry but you will have to wait till next year for the U18's . Sorry guys but next year it is for these two.

Comment

Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post
              Is this kid still eligible?

The most complete information about Corona, CA's basketball player, Sedrick Barefield, Point Guard (2015) - including bio, recruiting, news and videos.

This kid rank way higher than Ray Ray in his class2015

Fil-Am guard gaining attention from college recruiters
              By Steve Angeles, ABS-CBN News North America
              hope he had a PH Passport before he turned 16

Comment

RP under 16 Youth Team

Any news so far for our RP youth team, do we have already the pool of players and any Fil-foreign players to reinforce our Kiddie team?

Comment

Yup. Practices in full swing. Discussion in another thread - "future big men".

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
                      Jozef and Thirdy are in the same boat. Ineligible for the U16 but ok for next year's u18's. Sorry but you will have to wait till next year for the U18's . Sorry guys but next year it is for these two.
                      so both are born in 1996.

Happy if we keep 4th place hopefully we get that elusive medal..or best makaisa na tayo sa 3 (Iran, china and Korea) to be in the worlds
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        so both are born in 1996.

Happy if we keep 4th place hopefully we get that elusive medal..or best makaisa na tayo sa 3 (Iran, china and Korea) to be in the worlds
                        this will be an exciting batch as the U16 is bannered by no less than Kobe Paras. a legit 6'4 as other forumers say. U18 will be equally exciting too. jozef as a 6'2 PG, Thirdy 6'2 SG and we could play Kobe Paras as a 6'4 SF/SG. plus our U16 has other couple of bigmen.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          this will be an exciting batch as the U16 is bannered by no less than Kobe Paras. a legit 6'4 as other forumers say. U18 will be equally exciting too. jozef as a 6'2 PG, Thirdy 6'2 SG and we could play Kobe Paras as a 6'4 SF/SG. plus our U16 has other couple of bigmen.
                          Kobe has talent like his bro but at this age is he now productive?. we saw flashes from both but the consistency to be relied upon day in and day out is suspect due to the fact that they still finding what position they would play all throughout their career because the fact that they are still growing lol..
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I hope that the younger Ganuelas comes home to play as planned, I guess that completes it. What started out 3-4 years ago, is slowly coming to fruition. You asked for it, tall, athletic guards, you got it.

Comment

Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
                              I hope that the younger Ganuelas comes home to play as planned, I guess that completes it. What started out 3-4 years ago, is slowly coming to fruition. You asked for it, tall, athletic guards, you got it.
                              We not only need tall, athletic Guards, we need tall, athletic and PROLIFIC Guards, like 6'4" versions of Gary David, Jeff Chan or James Yap. But then they'd probably be NBA caliber already.
                              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information