Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 PBA Commisioners Cup

Quote Originally Posted by iw3l10 View Post
    Alaska aces back diamond simpson underhieght import
    So its final that mbenga wont be the import of the aces?

How much do we pay our imports here? Anyone knows? I've read from a chinese website that they pay stephon marbury $1M a year. I think its time to upgrade the maximum salary for imports. If we want to be the best league in asia we have to be at least able to give attractive salary for NBA vets or players at their level plus the PBA fans are knowlegeable and informative they can distinguish scrubs or not by either looking at their playing history or by simply watching their game.

This early i'm looking forward to a smashing 2nd conference!

- can JF impress against tall imports?
    - can The Beast continue to wreak havoc?
    - can denzel bowles carry SMC to a return-trip to the title?
    - what can Toroman do to a Barako Bull team wallowing at the bottom? also with Don Allado reinstated and Asst. Coach Charles Tiu newly appointed
    - can ROS and Alaska sustain their their good showing? (two young teams with fast-growing number of supporters)

Barako players already complaining of toroman's coaching style hahah

shows you how lazy PBA players are. I never heard Gilas players complain of the training.

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Al thronton has reportedly signed with barako bull.

He has NBA talent and can score the ball, but I remember the reason why nba teams havent signed him is because of his immaturity and work ethic. I read an article that he has his priorities straight. It will be intresting to see if he will become a dominant force in the PBA or be just like Mccants
    what happened to Al thornton... In the recent article about Toroman and Barako Bull, it said theyre getting Calvin Brock.. and Then I think it's actually Evan Brock an ABL import.. why not Al thornton?? i was looking forward to him strutting his stuff here in the PBA...

Quote Originally Posted by pacifier View Post
    How much do we pay our imports here? Anyone knows? I've read from a chinese website that they pay stephon marbury $1M a year. I think its time to upgrade the maximum salary for imports. If we want to be the best league in asia we have to be at least able to give attractive salary for NBA vets or players at their level plus the PBA fans are knowlegeable and informative they can distinguish scrubs or not by either looking at their playing history or by simply watching their game.
    $30k a month max, if I recall correctly. If not, the last cap was somewhere in the $20k-25k.

Let's think long-term on this. We increase the salary of the imports, we may upgrade the talent level but it also gives the "more privileged" teams the added advantage. Not all PBA teams can afford to give salaries in the millions of pesos for one player and allowing the teams to do so would only favor the richer teams.

we don't need them...whether there are imports or not (wherein i and a number of my friends actually like it it better without) the PBA would still thrive. Also, i think the imports' salaries should be incorporated in the salary cap...in line with that, all bonuses should also be under the cap. a lot of players don't get the max salary but they earn more than those who do because of performance incentives and win bonuses...it's about time teams stop abusing that loophole.

shows you how lazy PBA players are. I never heard Gilas players complain of the training.
    it's fudge boy coach's fault...again, he'll get pushed out if he doesn't change his stubborn ways. he doesn't know the meaning of adjust...the PBA ain't a 10-day league, it's a 10-month long season...he doesn't have to push his players too much because it's going to be a long tournament. see, place him in an NBA team (i doubt any team would even dare touch him though) and i'm sure the NBA players would also complain. so i don't think it's the fault of the barako players, it's overrated caoach's problem. SMH on why he keeps getting coaching jobs here...shows you that A) PBA GM's are the worst and B) he doesn't have any other offers abroad.

That is why our local (homegrown) players are not able to compete against other Asian players.

Which would give richer teams (SMC and MVP teams) the advantage of getting class A imports.

Like us on Facebook! The Interbasket Philippines-run Basketball Facebook page!
    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    I love you, Japeth Aguilar.

Yup, i just did it.

Quote Originally Posted by killmebusy View Post
    it's fudge boy coach's fault...again, he'll get pushed out if he doesn't change his stubborn ways. he doesn't know the meaning of adjust...the PBA ain't a 10-day league, it's a 10-month long season...he doesn't have to push his players too much because it's going to be a long tournament. see, place him in an NBA team (i doubt any team would even dare touch him though) and i'm sure the NBA players would also complain. so i don't think it's the fault of the barako players, it's overrated caoach's problem. SMH on why he keeps getting coaching jobs here...shows you that A) PBA GM's are the worst and B) he doesn't have any other offers abroad.
    Good points again KMB. Most people react (they are a bunch of lazy crybabies! etc...) not taking into consideration the bigger picture-- which is, the international ball, where Toro was successful is not PBA ball-- schedule, roster make-up, format, etc.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

who's complaining? support your statement with an article.
    I love my wife! She's the best gift god gave to me!

Says who? And where did you learn that gilas players never complained? Pls support these accusations unless you're cristy fermin, boy abunda or lolit solis....

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    She did bring in washed up NBA vets right. Burrell, Ham? Others?
    She should just bring 'em here and not make the public expect that it will materialize when in fact she can't even do it.

So who was complaining in that article? Name names pls....

Toroman also defended his so-called military rules in practice. “I only asked them to not to eat during team meetings and not to play loud disco music,” he explained. “I don’t think those are military rules. Those are just normal rules.”

Who plays loud disco music these days ? Ano yan naka amplifier and speakers , there obviously a generation gap here

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    So who was complaining in that article? Name names pls....

Google was made to make our 'search lives' easier lol
    http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...-aging-players

Quote Originally Posted by startupsold View Post
    Google was made to make our 'search lives' easier lol
    http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...-aging-players
    If you read that article correctly, no aging player was complaining there....was there?

Tubid was not complaining, just making a plea....

Yes, there's google but google wont do the reading and comprehending....

if i were a PBA player i would like to have a training with coach Rajko Toroman
    to improve my skills and be ready for tough challenges. Coach Rajko wants
    to develop filipino players because he wants them to be one of the worlds best
    players and he said that before. Kaya nga ayaw niyang umalis sa bansa because he
    knew.
    NEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast