No announcement yet.

2013 PBA Commisioners Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree except that the PBA as a whole is a joke? If James Yap claims that he was hit intentionally by Abueva on his injured back then may problema doon. Abueva is a fan favorite: We love or hate him but his style of play really works kahit hindi siya umiiskor.

I'm pretty sure the next time around the referees would be wise enough not to whistle if Abueva flops.

Originally posted by elcian View Post
    In my opinion, and this is just mine so we can both just agree to disagree on this, there's a difference between playing a physical brand of basketball and being downright dirty and petty. At the end of the day, there's still the integrity of the game to uphold. "Winning by any means necessary" is a statement that is taken overboard by some people. For me, it's ok that Calvin is playing his mind games and irritating the Mixers players, James Yap specifically. Hell, I can't get on Abeuva for hitting James Yap where his injury is.

But when he starts flopping around like a ragdoll and falling to the ground on EVERY contact against him? Come on. That's a load of sh*t. Especially someone who's a physical specimen like Abueva and is so used to playing physical basketball. He's not falling down just because you're warding him off. Stop treating the game with disrespect and stop treating fans like they're a bunch of idiots. Start playing the game the right way. Use your mind games or whatever but don't ruin the game by constantly flopping around or groping people. Pisses me off.

The worst thing about all of this is he gets rewarded for this bullsh*t play. What a league the PBA is. What a joke.

Comment

• Did James Yap mentioned that he does not have any problems with Abueva being too physical on him? According to Yap that he is being hit intentionally on his injured back. Whether true or not maybe this is the main reason why James Yap complained vehemently and the flops. I think I saw 4 or 5 flops on Abueva on this particular game.

Long overdue na ang PBA sa rumble. I also think that James Yap has a tendency to dish some of his own rough plays.

Comment

• I agree may mga ginawa si Abueva na hindi natin gusto. But would you still say the same if Abueva plays for your team?

Originally posted by yapster View Post
        Yeah. I've never liked the way this guy plays. Yes, he is a fighter and can rebound, but everything else.......no skill at all. I don't know why refs don't call enough fouls against him. This guy plays terrible, dirty defense. Watching him always makes me feel like I am watching some gang playing on the street.

Comment

• Basketball is a physical game he should expected contact even at his injured back. Come on basketball specially on battle of position is very physical that involves pushing, bumping and the likes. You're back is a huge target and you should know that it would get hit intentional or not. You cant expect your enemy to soften up his defense to give you leeway just because your back hurts.

The fact that abueva got on their head led to more succeful flop from abueva. I guess when you look frustrated it looks like you want to get even with the guy making those contact, even small, look like intentional, and the only thing abueva needed to do next is to sell it. I dont like his flopping also but you got to give it to him he built it up from the start of the game lol Whats funny is when najorda gave abueva a flagrant foul, he didnt go down

Comment

• If you got an injured back and still playing and Abueva is guarding you can you still say the same? Yap mentioned that Abueva is hitting him INTENTIONALLY. Yap mentioned that he does not have any problems with Abueva being too physical.

Originally posted by eekan View Post
            Basketball is a physical game he should expected contact even at his injured back. Come on basketball specially on battle of position is very physical that involves pushing, bumping and the likes. You're back is a huge target and you should know that it would get hit intentional or not. You cant expect your enemy to soften up his defense to give you leeway just because your back hurts.

The fact that abueva got on their head led to more succeful flop from abueva. I guess when you look frustrated it looks like you want to get even with the guy making those contact, even small, look like intentional, and the only thing abueva needed to do next is to sell it. I dont like his flopping also but you got to give it to him he built it up from the start of the game lol Whats funny is when najorda gave abueva a flagrant foul, he didnt go down

Comment

• there's a lot of time for d pba and refs to review d tapes.i am optimistic the refs will learn from their game 2 erros (re: flopping).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                I don't like flopping, either. There's a rule against flopping - it's unfortunate though that the referees may not be seeing these infractions during the game. I think all of us agree that Abueva is a natural flopper and he will continue doing so until he gets caught or penalized for this.
                Excessive flopping may also endangered the career of other players which were part of the plays...I hope the refs can limit this by giving a warning, just like the previous seasons!
                Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonifacio View Post
                  and best of all,

Getting into DT's admiration CHECK CHECK CHECK
                  very informative post

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                    If you got an injured back and still playing and Abueva is guarding you can you still say the same? Yap mentioned that Abueva is hitting him INTENTIONALLY. Yap mentioned that he does not have any problems with Abueva being too physical.
                    Too physical for comfort...
                    That's his sentiments...Yap even injured is still playing until now!
                    Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                      Getting into Yap's head? Check.

Getting into Eala's head? Check.

Getting into fans' heads? CHECK.

That alone should tell you that even as a rookie his play is goddamn effective. Live with it.
                      i really like abueva..even or especially the toughness and "dirty play" but the flopping is what pisses me off. not just by him but every single person who does it. the comish should levy a fine for this...i'd rather have a lifetime ban on a serial flopper than balkman. =p

Comment

If you got an injured back and still playing and Abueva is guarding you can you still say the same? Yap mentioned that Abueva is hitting him INTENTIONALLY. Yap mentioned that he does not have any problems with Abueva being too physical.
                        if he got an injured back and he can't take the physicallity then he should just sit it out...i personally would not play if my back was acting up enough for me to complain about the defense. Again, hitting whether intentional or not is part of the game...just ask yeng guiao and robert jaworski. But the flopping...that's the real problem. In the NBA flops are F1's right?

Comment

If you decided to play with an injury then you surely have factored in the risks involved with it. If you think your back cant handle it then you shouldnt play and instead rest it. Im not saying that what abueva's doing is good but the moment you go in there you know your back will get hit intentionally or not. You decided to play knowing the risk then man up and accept it

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                            if he got an injured back and he can't take the physicallity then he should just sit it out...i personally would not play if my back was acting up enough for me to complain about the defense. Again, hitting whether intentional or not is part of the game...just ask yeng guiao and robert jaworski. But the flopping...that's the real problem. In the NBA flops are F1's right?
                            I think its a warning first then an increasing amount of penalty fee after that

Comment

I agree may mga ginawa si Abueva na hindi natin gusto. But would you still say the same if Abueva plays for your team?
                              Yes, I'd still say the same. I'm trying not to be blind. I don't have a problem to admit that Mixers and James are not playing on their level. But, allow me not to have admiration for Abueva. This hole hype about him for me is ridiculous. I don't know how this guy earned such a credit from refs from the first second. I mean, he makes tones of fouls(never called) during every game. Its ugly to watch all those flopping. There's to much tolerance for everything that he is doing, which makes him better than he really is. I admire skill and fair fight. Hitting injured player on his week spot is not the bravest thing(didnt want to use some stronger word). When you have no arguments(read real skill), hit bellow the belt. That's the style of Abueva.

Comment

• The stats of great Abueva on the last game: 2p ......2/12
                                frt.......4/8 (most of the fouls from flop)
                                3p........0/2
                                5 rebounds
                                and hitting Yap's injured back

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information