No announcement yet.

2013 PBA Commisioners Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I failed to watch the san mig vs Petron game, did Ping guard Balkman ? if he did aside from the obvious production of Balkmam, how did ping fair in defense and rebounding?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
      Nope. Lassiter was considered but Chot had to deal with the one player per team policy which SMC strictly advocated.
      I have different info. When some people suggested Lassiter he(coach Chot) said that Ryan Reyes is doing the same job. I respect Ryan, but Lassiter is better player. Ok, it should be the choice of the coach, that's the right thing to do.

Comment

• if SMC willing to lend more than one then Lassiter is a lock.
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yapster View Post
          I have different info. When some people suggested Lassiter he(coach Chot) said that Ryan Reyes is doing the same job. I respect Ryan, but Lassiter is better player. Ok, it should be the choice of the coach, that's the right thing to do.
          It wasn't a choice between Reyes and Lassiter. It was the limitation that Chot had to deal with regarding the one-player-a-team policy. Had Chot been given the opportunity to draft more than one player from any of the SMC teams, Lassiter would have been a lock. Ditto with Santos. Lassiter's injury was also a factor, but it wasn't as a turning factor compared to the one-player-a-team hardline stand taken by the SMC Group.

Given the limited opportunity, Chot had to make do with what's best. He got Fajardo from Petron instead, and took a gamble on Reyes, despite the threat of ineligibility. And it wasn't the "allergy" to the original Gilas boys that paved the way for this decision. Mac Baracael was part of the Jones Cup team in 2012. Casio would have been a nice consideration indeed but he opted for three other PG's who he felt would work within his system.

Comment

i'll choose junmar over lassiter any given day you know what i mean
            We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared03 View Post
              i'll choose junmar over lassiter any given day you know what i mean
              yep, the one-child policy

Comment

Read this:

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...made-available

Comment

• It’s now the turn of Meralco Bolts coach Ryan Gregorio to question the officiating in the PBA after his team’s loss to the Alaska Aces.

While giving credit to the Aces’ defense on Bolts import Eric Dawson, Gregorio cited the disparity between the free throw attempts for Alaska and Meralco.

“I can not fathom how huge the free throw disparity was. They went to the line 45 times while we were only given 21. They made 32 while we made 16. Unbelievable frequency and you can not defend that,” said Gregorio.

“We are a very aggressive team that doesn’t settle for outside jumpers. We attack the basket and get hit but sadly no call. We will continue to fight through all these with a fervent wish that our team get some respect from the officials.”

The coach singled out rookie forward Cliff Hodge, saying he wasn’t getting any respect from referees.

“I wonder why Hodge can not get the benefit of going to the line the same way as the other hardworking players do. Somehow, he doesn’t get the respect of the game officials and I feel for him,” added Gregorio, who said he is mulling the possibility of raising the issue to the PBA.

Gregorio is the second Alaska opponent to complain about referees in as many games. Rain or Shine coach Yeng Guiao called for a review of the final play of the Elasto Painters’ loss against the Aces, resulting in a suspension for referee Emmanuel Tankion.

2nd in a row for alaska lol. Why is he even surprised that they took less free throw? Last time i remember, only Vic Manuel is being aggressive in that game. Even their import is taking jump shots because of thoss' defense (who fouled out)

Comment

• Originally posted by eekan View Post
                    http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...loss-to-alaska

2nd in a row for alaska lol. Why is he even surprised that they took less free throw? Last time i remember, only Vic Manuel is being aggressive in that game. Even their import is taking jump shots because of thoss' defense (who fouled out)
                    Yup, Gregorio talking from his ass. Alaska was clearly the more aggressive team last night.
                    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• haha.. RG playing psyche game against the referees.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by eekan View Post
                        http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...loss-to-alaska

Lol now Ryan Gregorio had seen the trend. Paul Lee get his nod last year, now its Abueva's turn(hopefully on both ends as the seasons goes by). Man maybe little too late for RG because he just expose the obvious..
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          haha.. RG playing psyche game against the referees.
                          Little too late it seems. This conference we see more involvement from coach Ronnie getting guys that he like such as Vic Manuel. But as much as you hate RG, the guy has an enigmatic approach to coaching. Certainly would never given high regard by the fans hell even his own team fans (see Purefoods). .. Too bad that he cannot tell one thing that is obvious.. being a second rate MVP team..the critics would just continue to crucify because they cannot deliver..

Comment

• And you wonder the league puts effort to build stars in every pba team. Its not a bad thing, it makes team found new heights.. Why we cannot do it in our national team is a wonder..Reality should struck to us the there is no perfect world in National team basketball..

Comment

• So based on the 1st week of action , and the current imports. Which two teams are favoured to make the finals, Petron, Alaska ? how’s Global port with their 3 new additions. Sol. Jap and Williams to compliment David, looks like a good mix of players .

From a NT perspective if say Alaska and Petron make the finals, and it starts in May 14. That basically means the 15 players of the NT less Fajardo and Thoss have 2 and half months ( not 2 months ) to focus full time. I hope TNT with 7 pool members doesn’t make the finals
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                                Little too late it seems. This conference we see more involvement from coach Ronnie getting guys that he like such as Vic Manuel. But as much as you hate RG, the guy has an enigmatic approach to coaching. Certainly would never given high regard by the fans hell even his own team fans (see Purefoods). .. Too bad that he cannot tell one thing that is obvious.. being a second rate MVP team..the critics would just continue to crucify because they cannot deliver..
                                Vic Manuel has been playing good. i wonder if he can slide down to SF so that Manuel and Hodge can play together. it would be awesome to see hustle and hard-nosed guys playing together.
                                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information