Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Season 89 (2013-2014)

Default NCAA Season 89 (2013-2014)

let's move forward into another season. csb will be the host next year.
    "Lumipad Ka Na Parang Isang Ibon, Lumapag Ka Na Parang Isang Tuyong Dahon..."

LABAN PILIPINAS! 2014

Players not coming back:

JRU - Nate Matute, John Lopez
    MIT - Mike Parala, Junel Chien
    SSC - Calvin Abueva, Ronald Pascual
    SBC - Melo Lim, Anjo Caram, Jake Pascual
    CSJL - Jam Cortes
    AU - Rocky Acidre, Vergel Zulueta
    The Big Red Machine: Go San Beda 5

As early as now, I know Baste has "super rookies" coming in. Will they be like Abueva when he took the league by storm?

Will San Beda miss the 3 players? Melo and Caram have able replacements waiting in Team B. Of course, Amer will be much better by next year. There's also news that the Semerad Twins are coming back.

With Coach Alas leaving Letran, will Kevin skip his last year?

AU Chiefs also have Diocee Holts and ex-Red Warrior recruit Kingsman Frando.
    I can't ever understand. Why my life has been cursed, poisoned and condemned. When I've been trying every night. To hold you near me. I'm telling you. It isn't easy. Believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoDad View Post

Will San Beda miss the 3 players? Melo and Caram have able replacements waiting in Team B. Of course, Amer will be much better by next year. There's also news that the Semerad Twins are coming back.
    The Semerads will be back and they will start training with the teams when practices resume after the championship celebrations. Anthony though will have to take it easy to fully heal his ankle injury.

I thought Kinsman Frando was with Team Behold?
    "Tamaan kung tamaan, kasama sa basketball yan. Kung ayaw mo maglaro ka nalang ng chess" - Rico Maierhofer

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_Red View Post
    Keith agovida too....finally?

Quote Originally Posted by bhinov View Post
    He already left and and he is now with AU

Quote Originally Posted by bhinov View Post
    He left Behold, probably because of too much talents in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_Red View Post
    And Serjue, who people said are more talented than Forrester. He just got injured before the season.

I admire AU for their recruitment efforts. They don't resort to crab mentality. They just upped their recruitment, instead of forcing better teams to lower theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse now! View Post
    let's move forward into another season. csb will be the host next year.
    Host school (St. Benilde) versus San Beda on opening day Season 89.
    The Big Red Machine: Go San Beda 5

Looks like there are many questions and uncertainties on the NCAA Coaching front -

Will Allan Trinidad be back for Baste? Will Pineda entrust his team to an unproven coach?

Who will replace Louie Alas? Alas to me is Letran's saving grace given its inability to recruit to match the talent of San Beda and Baste; take him out of the equation and Letran might slide down the NCAA pecking order.

Will Chito Victolero get another chance after another dismal season despite a big and talented line up?

Can Richard Del Rosario endure another campaign with Benilde? At the close of the eliminations, Del Rosario twitted some remarks critical of CSB's management.

I think ato agustin will be back as head coach of the stags....joel banal to mapua?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Host school (St. Benilde) versus San Beda on opening day Season 89.
    Unless of course they don't want to be humiliated in a huge stage, like what this year's host did to SBC when they didn't choose to schedule SBC's Super 6 during the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by slasher View Post
    Looks like there are many questions and uncertainties on the NCAA Coaching front -

Will Allan Trinidad be back for Baste? Will Pineda entrust his team to an unproven coach?

Who will replace Louie Alas? Alas to me is Letran's saving grace given its inability to recruit to match the talent of San Beda and Baste; take him out of the equation and Letran might slide down the NCAA pecking order.
    True about Alas, in past years, he was able to pull some rabbits out of hat in regards to recruits.i guess In college you have to have certain personalities(coaches/ managers) to survive.

Who are Alas' assistants? He said if there's someone who'll replace him, it should come from his pool of assistants.

Will Junjun Alas still play for Letran next year?

Hope to see the Squires' Nambatac kid to don the Knights jersey next year. He will be try crucial with Kevin Alas' uncertainty on playing his final year with the Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by duphaR007 View Post
    Who are Alas' assistants? He said if there's someone who'll replace him, it should come from his pool of assistants.

Will Junjun Alas still play for Letran next year?

Hope to see the Squires' Nambatac kid to don the Knights jersey next year. He will be try crucial with Kevin Alas' uncertainty on playing his final year with the Knights.
    Will he acceptt he challenge of playing for a school with a rebuilding team or move on to a team with a more established system and staff?

Quote Originally Posted by wandos2008 View Post
    Will he acceptt he challenge of playing for a school with a rebuilding team or move on to a team with a more established system and staff?
    Well i hope he stays. Though I heard he is being lured by the green school. He might just end up like the former Squire if he plays for them.

Anyone know any info about these?

1. Did the twins really go back to San Beda? If this is true, doesn't it sound like too much of a coincidence that the "Most Valuable Person" of the "blue team" in the "other league" also walked away?
    2. So are the twins eligible to play for the Red Lions again?
    3. Whatever happened to the former blue chipper from the JRU high school basketball program, Agovida?
    4. Will that flashy Fil-Am guard of San Beda who left the team before the start of the season ever come back and play for the Red Lions? I saw him in a couple of pre-season games. Kinda reminded me of former San Beda superstar Boybits Victoria. Not too tall, very athletic, good handles, flashy.

I've always wondered. San Beda has arguably the most solid high school basketball program in the Philippines. But why do a lot of their players transfer after they graduate? You can't say that San Beda does not have the "recruiting capacity" of elite schools like the "blue" and the "green" and recently "the dawgs" from the "other college league". San Beda, like the "blue team" in the "other league", is "gifted" and supported by a "Magnanimous and Valuable Person". Their school is also known for class-A education. So why do a lof of their high school players still transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by slasher View Post

Will Chito Victolero get another chance after another dismal season despite a big and talented line up?

Can Richard Del Rosario endure another campaign with Benilde? At the close of the eliminations, Del Rosario twitted some remarks critical of CSB's management.
    Personal thoughts:

1. LETRAN. Maybe a young coach and former superstar player like Calaguio can start a new chapter for the Knights.

2. MAPUA. I noticed that their team lacked "spunk" and "toughness". Maybe alum Benny Cheng can inject some fire and "balls" into their program.

3.CSB. Is Dindo Pumaren available? CSB happens to be the sister school of DLSU. What about another ex-Archer Mon Jose? I saw him on TV coaching a school in the NAASCU.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast