No announcement yet.

China 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think China should rest Yi in Iran's game today. They should focus in the Quarters, they can face Iran again in the Semis.

Comment

• Team doctor told Chinese media that he had advised Yi not to play against Iran since the injury seems worse after the Korean game. No official word yet.
      aim low, score high

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
        Team doctor told Chinese media that he had advised Yi not to play against Iran since the injury seems worse after the Korean game. No official word yet.
        its a good decision really..besides you still have a fighting chance against iran even without Yi..

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
          Team doctor told Chinese media that he had advised Yi not to play against Iran since the injury seems worse after the Korean game. No official word yet.
          Sino can you please describe how the Chinese media is talking about the Chinese NT this summer?
          I heard rumors that if China loses to Iran today there might be some resignations taking place in the Chinese federation? I can't imagine how much pressure is being placed on this Chinese NT....

Comment

• they should use wang zhizhi, i feel he can still contribute a lot for their nt

Comment

• Latest news: Yi Jianlian won't be playing in today's game

Comment

• that means 0-2 for CN come Group F classification - - Most probably they will finish 3rd. It will be a semis date vs Iran then.
                #parasabayan
                #GoGilas

Comment

• What's the deal with Yi? Injuries?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lakers4sho View Post
                    What's the deal with Yi? Injuries?
                    leg strained before this Asian Championships, and got even worse after the game against South Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
                      that means 0-2 for CN come Group F classification - - Most probably they will finish 3rd. It will be a semis date vs Iran then.
                      A reason for us to tank and be 3rd place in order to face Korea instead.
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                        Sino can you please describe how the Chinese media is talking about the Chinese NT this summer?
                        I heard rumors that if China loses to Iran today there might be some resignations taking place in the Chinese federation? I can't imagine how much pressure is being placed on this Chinese NT....
                        Our team is totally in a mess at this time...A lot of injuries, new coach and new system with limited time to get used to, regeneration of rotation...We are in no means to be ready for a big series like this and in my view our NT is almost inevitably gonna get an awful ending..

Comment

• Iran-China game thoughts

Here's how China's recent coaches get technical fouls:

Donewald: You m****f***** son of a b****!

Giannakis: Why. Why? Why!

There were at least 3 bad calls against China, but not the reasons for the loss. Simply Iran was the better team, Samad Nikkhah Bahrami is like an Asian LBJ and can't be contained, Haddadi of course as well. What really separates Iran from the rest of Asia is their transition game, crisp, fast, on target and effective.

Wang Zhelin was a big disappointment this game, terrified of Haddadi's beard, spent all his court time chasing him and defending high picks, did nothing on offense or rebounding. Li Xiaoxu played well, though he could be more assertive on offense.

Liu Xiaoyu, you are the man. With Guo not 100% and Chen suffering from constipation (at least that's what his facial expression has been indicating these 3 days), you are China's perimeter leader, remember. Keep playing like this!

Zhu, please retire.

China with Yi would probably lose to Iran 4/5 times, I don't say 5/5 because #1, I'm biased and still needs to be hopeful, #2, Iran has deficiencies like many careless turnovers, inconsistent perimeter shooting, mediocre high pick defenses etc. With Yi the rebounding battle would be tied and less Iranian shots would be attempted under the basket, so the game could be somewhat different.
                          aim low, score high

Comment

• china's got the tools to beat iran. iran is just better at the perimeter. and the chinese guards are giving hamed way too much respect. they should challenge him with drives more often. chinese guards are tall so they should really go at haddadi. also, speed up the game a little bit more. they had a little bit of success in the third quarter with a faster pace. against china, iran is thin at the frontline with only haddadi so foul trouble for him will really hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by budz17 View Post
                              china's got the tools to beat iran. iran is just better at the perimeter. and the chinese guards are giving hamed way too much respect. they should challenge him with drives more often. chinese guards are tall so they should really go at haddadi. also, speed up the game a little bit more. they had a little bit of success in the third quarter with a faster pace. against china, iran is thin at the frontline with only haddadi so foul trouble for him will really hurt.
                              You're underestimating Iran's frontcourt. They have a number of widebodies, possibly not as effective as Haddadi but good cutters and good offensive rebounders. Iran's clearly a better team all around, period.

This is not Iran's thread so I will stop here, especally since the earliest possible rematch would be a week away. China needs to play better. Of course, you can't change fundamental things in a week like no boxing out on defensive rebounds, weak court vision etc. but one thing that can be changed is more confidence in slashing as you mentioned. I don't know if it's the Giannakis system, but right now the perimeter guys are too hesitant. Typical example is Sun Yue (who btw hasn't played in any league since 2009 and needless to say has been regressing every year). From the Malaysia game I can see that the Giannakis offensive system clearly, which is to find every opportunity to dump the ball to the low post. But it doesn't mean the perimeter guys need to just stand there like they have magnets on their feet. Or, hold on to the ball for 10 seconds doing nothing like they just had a seizure. Come on! Except for the passing skills, the Chinese players should be individually as talented as the Iranians or at least the Koreans but for whatever the reason the offense stagnates too much. Good thing is there are a few games to adjust, hopefully they are competitive to some extent.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

• I feel that Li Xiaoxu and Wang Zhelin needs more feed after rolling to the basket out of a high screen. In the game against Iran, Liu and Guo would back track and dribble out precious seconds that leads to low % shots. The pick and roll leading to those sliding glides is what Korea and Iran have been good so far.
                                Sacramento Kings
                                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information