PBA Players And their Son Future Big Men Off Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
    There can be a wide range of genetic variations in one set of offspring. One example of this is Thirdy Ravena's height, who I think is now 6'1"-6'2", making him taller than Kiefer. He also looks more like the father.
    ditto with alas and his sons?

Comment

[QUOTE=Phlegm Thrower;748448]Most of the PBA players' son are shorter than their dad, look at Ravena, Parks, Teng. If kids are exposed to play and train at early age nababatak agad ang katawan nila, the chance of growth are getting slimmer because they already develop muscles not like lazy kids or kids that learned to play late, they become taller. e.g. Eman and Fajardo.[/QUOTE)

A simple explanation: They didn't get their father's height. Children have about 70% chance of inheriting their height from their mom. That makes them less likely to get their father's height. And usually, if a son gets the height of his father, he is slightly taller than the latter.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phlegm Thrower;748448]Most of the PBA players' son are shorter than their dad, look at Ravena, Parks, Teng. If kids are exposed to play and train at early age nababatak agad ang katawan nila, the chance of growth are getting slimmer because they already develop muscles not like lazy kids or kids that learned to play late, they become taller. e.g. Eman and Fajardo.[/QUOTE)

A simple explanation: They didn't get their father's height. Children have about 70% chance of inheriting their height from their mom. That makes them less likely to get their father's height. And usually, if a son gets the height of his father, he is slightly taller than the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post
          Agree on this, afro-americans still grow even thou their body is bato-bato at a young age. As I was saying, being batak agad sa laro is also a factor for the kids growth not just genes. I personaly experinced this, I was taller than my classmates way back when I was in grade school to 2nd year high school. I play ball almost everyday during my SBP and Passarel days, I play in the mourning, afternoon and night. I also put ankle weight to enhance my leaping ability. Ayan hindi na tuloy ako gaanong lumaki sa unahan na ako ng pila sa school nung 3rd and 4rt year.
          Most likely you had your growth spurt first than your classmates. This happens to a lot of kids whether involved in sports or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jesronne View Post
            boy usually have early growth spurt than girls... so at age 14 it means that it is his final height.. maybe he will grow around 6'6 but not 7ft...
            You could be right. I remember when Rayray Parks, Jr. was about 14, he was already listed as 6-foot-3. Fast forward 5 years, Parks, Jr. grew by only an inch as he is now listed as 6-4. Imagine growing by just an inch in 5 years. But that's case to case basis. I remember when I was 13 years old, I was only 4-foot-11, then in two years time I grew by about 5 inches.

I hope Mick Penisi's son grow up to 6-foot-9 or 6-foot-10.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by ghostr!der View Post
              I heard that Mick Pennisi's son is not his biological child but merely a step-son. Can anyone confirm?
              Well, you might be right.

It is said that Barry Edward Pennisi is now 14 years old & his mother is a Filipina. If I'm not mistaken, Mick Pennisi came here in the Philippines on 1999 suiting up for Red Bull (that's just 13 years ago). So unless Mick & his Filipino wife met even before Mick came to the Philippines in 1999, then there's no way Mick would be the biological father of Barry Edward Pennisi.

Of course I stand corrected by this.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Filipina or not Mick Pennisi's son is a Filipino. Mick himself is 1/2 Pinoy...

Fil-Foreign PBA Cager is Filipino
                By Jay B. Rempillo
                The Supreme Court has denied the petition of former Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Raul M. Gonzalez, et al. and affirmed the September 30, 2005 decision of the Court of Appeals that had found Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) cager Filipino-Australian Michael Alfio “Mick” Pennisi a Filipino citizen.

In a 16-page decision penned by Senior Justice Antonio T. Carpio, the Court ruled “to sustain the Court of Appeals that the evidence presented before the [Bureau of Immigration] BI and the DOJ….have more probative value and must prevail.” Among the said evidence presented is the certified true copy of Mick Pennisi’s birth certificate indicating the birthplace of his mother, Anita Tomeda Quintos, as the Philippines. Pennisi was born on March 13, 1965 in Queensland, Australia. Other documents show that Mick’s mother Anita is a Filipino when she married his father Australian Alfio Pennisi. One of the documents is the certified true copy of the July 14, 1999 letter of the Australian Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs stating that as of that said date, Anita T. Quintos had not been granted Australian citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  Well, you might be right.

It is said that Barry Edward Pennisi is now 14 years old & his mother is a Filipina. If I'm not mistaken, Mick Pennisi came here in the Philippines on 1999 suiting up for Red Bull (that's just 13 years ago). So unless Mick & his Filipino wife met even before Mick came to the Philippines in 1999, then there's no way Mick would be the biological father of Barry Edward Pennisi.

Of course I stand corrected by this.
                  Then who would be the real father of the boy who stands 6'5"? of course if the boy stands that tall then the father might be taller or not below 6'3" am I right?
                  Change has come

Comment

And even if its granted that Barry Edward Pennisi is just his step son, his mother still is filipina so it makes him filipino by blood.

Comment

Originally posted by ichikiller View Post
                      Then who would be the real father of the boy who stands 6'5"? of course if the boy stands that tall then the father might be taller or not below 6'3" am I right?
                      not really.

Comment

I'm not sure of this but I think Mick has been married to his Filipino wife even before he arrived in the Philippines in 1999. Hard to say from the photo if Mick is the biological father in terms of appearance but I'm more inclined to believe that he is. I saw the wife already in one of the Red Bull games back in the early 2000s and she's quite petite. It would only mean that she would need to have a very tall partner to sire such a tall son.

Comment

Originally posted by deviant View Post
                          And even if its granted that Barry Edward Pennisi is just his step son, his mother still is filipina so it makes him filipino by blood.
                          Yes, but we're talking here about Barry Edward Pennisi being eligible for future FIBA-sanctioned competitions. Having a Filipina mother makes Barry Edward a natural-born Filipino as what the Philippine Constitution states. But under FIBA rules regarding player eligibility, Barry Edward could only be declared as a "local" player for the Philippines only if he laid claim of his Filipino citizenship before he turned 16 years old. If Barry Edward was born in the Philippines, then he's eligible to play for RP as a local player. But if he was born outside of the Philippines, then he must show proof that he laid claim of his Filipino citizenship before turning 16.

That's the discrepancy between the Philippine Constitution & the FIBA rules regarding player eligibility. Under the Philippine Constitution, anyone who is born of a Filipino parent/parents (regardless of the place of birth) is automatically considered a Filipino. Meaning there's no need to lay claim of Filipino citizenship becoz it's "automatic" at birth. FIBA rule on the other hand requires a player of dual-citizenship to lay claim of the citizenship of the country he wants to represent before turning 16 years old to be considered a local player.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                            I'm not sure of this but I think Mick has been married to his Filipino wife even before he arrived in the Philippines in 1999. Hard to say from the photo if Mick is the biological father in terms of appearance but I'm more inclined to believe that he is. I saw the wife already in one of the Red Bull games back in the early 2000s and she's quite petite. It would only mean that she would need to have a very tall partner to sire such a tall son.
                            Well if that's the case, do you have an idea whether Barry Edward was born in the Philippines or not? Becoz if Barry Edward was born in the Philippines, then he's automatically eligible for FIBA competitions (remember Fil-Am Matt Ganuelas, a.k.a. Matt Rosser was declared eligible becoz he was born in the Philippines). If he was born outside of the Philippines then he has to lay claim of his Filipino citizenship before turning 16 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by deviant View Post
                              I agree. Elementary my dear, as Sherlock Holmes would say.

Comment

Wow danny i son is also attending a swiming class

FUTURE TIM DUNCAN??? Who knows
                                Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority-Vince Lombardi.

Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
                                -Larry Bird

BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL I HAVE IT BOTH IN MY HEART

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information