Egypt at the 3x3 FIBA World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt at the 3x3 FIBA World Championships

The Egyptian NT has been doing quite well at the 3x3 FIBA World Championships here in Athens, Greece.

I spoke with the Egyptian players yesterday and found out that they are all playing with the Egyptian senior NT! (I did know previously that Wael Badr and Ramy Abdallah play for the Egyptian NT but didn't know that Moamen Abou Elenien and Mohanad El Sabbagh were also on the NT).

Egypt's results so far in this tournament are as follows:

23rd August:

Egypt 11 - 18 England
    Egypt 14 - 20 USA

24th August:

Egypt 16 - 11 Lebanon
    Egypt 17 - 15 Romania

Today Egypt have a very important game against Turkey because if they win they will automatically qualify to the second round. If they lose I think the point differential will be taken into consideration... They are currently in 3rd place with 2 wins and 2 losses and are ahead of Romania who also have 2 wins and 2 losses but the point average is in favor of Egypt.

All the best for the Egyptian team!

Here are some pics I took of their games as well as a small video when they were playing against USA

SAM_2545.jpgSAM_2583.jpgSAM_2584.jpgSAM_2626.jpgSAM_2649.jpgSAM_2658.jpg

I forgot to update this thread so here goes...

Egypt was able to get a great win over Turkey in their last game 14-12 and were able to place in an impressive 3rd place with 3 wins and 2 losses. The draw placed them against Greece though in the quarterfinals and they gave a good effort but couldn't overcome Bogris and Pappas who were having a great game. The Greeks won with a final score of 15-12.
    I only managed to take a clip from Egypt's game against Turkey.

Some pics as well... These are Wael Bader and Amr El Gandy (2 of the top players in the Egyptian Senior NT who I managed to take a picture with)

SAM_2706.jpgSAM_2707.jpgSAM_2708.jpgSAM_2730.jpgSAM_2733.jpgSAM_2735.jpg:

Comment

Working...
    X

Debug Information