Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Gilas at the FIBA Asia Cup (Sep. 14-22)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
    I think most of the posters here are disappointed because we lost to a youth team of CN(18-22 y/os)
    me here im not dissapointed. when i browse this forum, i always look for sir nards avatar. nakakabuhay ng dugo.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
      the guys are just getting used with the system .... they're tired of practicing with Gilas and their PBA Team .... truth is these guys have no vacation yet. THEY ARE JUST HUMAN BEINGS. People get tired People make mistakes. But if you look at the bigger picture with any amount of emotion you'll see they're on the right direction. Fact is I am not a Chot Reyes Fan but I do see he has found the system where we could succeed and the players could adjust to. What if we sunk all those free throws .... what if we made all those 3 point shots. But sorry am sure there still going to be critics even if we won that game.

Its just that hard to please Filipinos .... only way to do it is to win ..... keep on winning .... win convincingly ....... maintain it until the end. Because one slip or error and they'll forget.

I still remember there was a time somebody here called James Yap already over the hill and a has-been but said nothing when he helped BMeg win the 2nd Conference Championship.

Just sad that many are focused so much on the failures and mistakes that we do not recognize the sacrifice and effort made.

But that's reality ..... all I wish is that Team Pilipinas wins and get's appreciated by more of our people.
      right spot on sir nardy! mabuhay ka.. we all have frustrations.. you too i know.. but laban lang.. nobody's perfect - a cliche but a REALITY AS WELL..

well, Lebron James.. a lot of haters.. choker, etc... but whatever you say he is the best player on the planet..

but i think sir nardy it is just the SMALL INTERNET COMMUNITY who is like that.. most Filipinos i still believe are positive thinkers and support the team all the way..

Comment

• Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
        Now I really know how more advanced China's understanding is. For one, what is the anatomic and physiologic difference of a 22 year old and a 30 year old? Is there a difference reflex wise? Is there a difference mentally? If not, why do we keep on saying we lost to a youth team. This is already a men's team people. When you look outside the Philippines, these age groups are classified as independent, mature players already. We did not lose to a youth team, we lost to a better MEN'S team. Be happy we have a things to work on making the same team that we will meet in FIBA Asia now beatable. Look at the positives because there are heaps, not the negatives.
        Finally, a China team that is beatable...
        spot on tito tooths.. just to add.. remember TEAM USA of 2010 FIBA World Championships.. that was a young men's national team composed of 20 to 22 year olds of the NBA.. and yet they won it all against the older World National Teams.. did we hear anything from Turkey, Lithuania, Argentina, Spain, etc.?? NOTHING because whatever you say THEY ARE THE USA MENS NATIONAL TEAM..

hay naku mga geniuses..

Comment

• off topic.. watching Ateneo vs. UST.. a while ago WHAT A DUNK OF KIEFER RAVENA over KARIM ABDUL.. posterzied.. and crossovers galore.. in my honest opinion he is still better skill wise than guo ailun.. guo is just taller..

Comment

great, how about the commentators(english)? so basically you can subscribe for one month, and watch all the archive games as long as you have time, and USD12 is quite cheap.
            All the games I watched (replay and live) had English commentary. There are, however, some games without commentary.
            GILAS WISHLIST:
            6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
              However if you talk to true basketball experts they're in consensus this is the best batch of players that China has produced much better than Yao Mings and these are the players projected to have the strongest chance of bringing the Chinese closer to the Top Teams in the World. These kids perfomed much better in the Global stage than their Men's team. A number of them are already being eyed by different NBA scouts for future NBA Rookie Drafts.

Go look at the thread where we featured the Nokia U16 and U18 teams of Coach Eric Altamirano, you'll see these Chinese players at the China Training of that team of Coach Eric. As shared by ERic's staff to me, these kids were taken from their families since they were 8-9 years old and they have been housed together like an army contingent, aside from basic education they do nothing but basketball as they seldom see their parents as these players grow and learn together as one unit. The best are sent to different countries to play and train.

Another thing their coach Fan Bin, is a mix of Rajko Toroman, Yeng Guiao and Ato Tolentino in one person. He does not tolerate mistakes or losses, he was censured before by the Chinese Government for the brutal corporal punishment he gives to the young kids if they do not do well. But still he was re-instated as a National Team Coach and you could not change his ways and means in order to achieve basketball success.

We fail to see how good this China team is, they are no longer mechanical, and as kids you'll already see them doing "gulang" which we dont usually see in youth teams or even in past chinese teams. they're not only tall but are good in different aspects of the game. Then if you look at them closely, they have done away with the all-star national team formation that China used to send, they're actually following the same concept as that of our NCC and SMART Gilas wherein each player has a specific role to play in the team but are flexible enough to play other roles if needed.

But despite of that and with a horrible stats, Team Pilipinas still lost the game only at the dying seconds and actually we have more than adequate chances to win this game. Its just not our game and we just lost.
              agreed on this.. you can see their potential 4 years from now.. they will be lethal..

but we have our own version sir nardy.. we will have one of the best batches of basketball players at that time as well in the mold of Ravena, Parks, Teng, Garcia, even Romeo, Salva, Slaughter, Sanggalang, Abueva, Fajardo, Alas, Torres, etc.. our future is also bright.. not as tall but very bright!!!

with national coach Norman Black.. OMG!!! that would be a killer.. with Javale Mcgee if we can pay insurance.. oh my...

Comment

• Originally posted by multihephep View Post
                do they have the phil team who compete in the olympics and fiba world
                I'm not sure about this because they only launched this site around 2009. I believe there were some Euro games during the 90s but I doubt they any of ours as we compete last in the world and olympics in the 1970s and 1930s, respectively.
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakamoto View Post
                  i always look for sir nards avatar. nakakabuhay ng dugo.
                  so im not alone afterall...
                  ...to each his own...

Comment

• game starts at 6

goodluck gilas 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                      I'm not sure about this because they only launched this site around 2009. I believe there were some Euro games during the 90s but I doubt they any of ours as we compete last in the world and olympics in the 1970s and 1930s, respectively.
                      ok thanks i guest i will need to pay $12 to find out:-)
                      Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority-Vince Lombardi.

Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
                      -Larry Bird

BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL I HAVE IT BOTH IN MY HEART

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                        game starts at 6

goodluck gilas 2.0

Any live streaming?

Comment

• lol but aside from sir Nards i like MZILPLIK avy too!

Originally posted by brod78 View Post
                          so im not alone afterall...
                          Originally posted by Sakamoto View Post
                          me here im not dissapointed. when i browse this forum, i always look for sir nards avatar. nakakabuhay ng dugo.
                          #parasabayan
                          #GoGilas

Comment

• starting with a lay up by la , norwood,douhit,chan,ranidel 1st 5

Comment

lol but aside from sir Nards i like MZILPLIK avy too!
                              agree

on topic

do you have the link for the live feed?

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

lol but aside from sir Nards i like MZILPLIK avy too!
                                I forgot her name, she's a japanese!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information