Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Gilas at the FIBA Asia Cup (Sep. 14-22)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, all this with us playing the 1st game of the tourney.;p
    Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
      wait lang yogaflame, can you explain exactly how that team fared better than this team???? cge nga.. if you want tell the government and basketball authorities to let 18 year old filipinos with no college education to join the PBA already.. that's one way to achieve your goal..
      Ravena led U16/18 lost only by 8 points against Guo and Wang led team.

IDK now though. We might get a beating.

Yoga is right, CN basketball development program is light years ahead than ours.
      #parasabayan
      #GoGilas

Comment

• Just saw the last few minutes of the fourth quarter.

Our shots didn't just fall...but based on the fourth quarter, we need to get bigger at least at pos 4 and 5.

Free throw shooting was bad. Overall a good game for the NT.

Lebanon game is going to be a big test for us.

Comment

• Sir Nardy, tried to backread but still didn't find the info who namamangha is.

you prev said
          Originally posted by nardy View Post
          He's part of the high level management of the SBP and he rather communicate under his internet handle at IBN.
          then however on different threads he has 2 contrasting statements.

Whoever is calling me "balimbing" is an idiot.

I was never with SBP, nor am I in San Miguel.

Just like you, I'm here because I've grown to love basketball.

Pinoy basketball.

Gilas will cease to exist by the end of September. If Smart decides to continue a "semblance of a national team that shows national pride" it will not be Gilas anymore.

They screwed it all up with Gilas, now they're planning to do it again with Sinag.
          Ha ha ha!

I was there from day one, pare.
          I was there when we coined the word "Gilas"
          I was there when we convinced Toroman to run the program.
          I was the one who created the Gilas logo.
          I was there each and every day Rajko will choose and sign-up players.
          I was there each and every day -- from day one.
          I was there. No pay. I was there.

I was there kanina when they lost to Qatar.

Balimbing? No.

Shame on me? Probably.
          #parasabayan
          #GoGilas

Comment

• I am dismayed with all this negativity when in reality GILAS 2.0 is just starting .... this makes me wonder what would have happened if there was nothing wrong let's say all the needed players were lent by the different teams and leagues, no eligibility problems and we gotten new Fil-foreigners then also gotten McGee with the players concentrating exclusively with GILAS and have been training both here and abroad for a long time. We gotten the help of Erik Spoelstra and Chip Engelland. All stakeholders are united and RSA and MVP at the forefront in financing the team. Then we had hometown advantage as we are the hosts. No more excuses, all corners have been covered. But still we lost ..... in such a scenario like this wherein Filipinos are hard to please unless you win convincingly ..... It makes me cringe on the thought of what probably will be the reaction of the people here.

Now I undertand what a close aide of Manny Pacquiao is saying that Manny is afraid to fight again coz if he does not win in the dominating fashion he used to do there's a possibility fans will forget what he has done in the past and only remember the last fight.
            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
              I am dismayed with all this negativity when in reality GILAS 2.0 is just starting .... this makes me wonder what would have happened if there was nothing wrong let's say all the needed players were lent by the different teams and leagues, no eligibility problems and we gotten new Fil-foreigners then also gotten McGee with the players concentrating exclusively with GILAS and have been training both here and abroad for a long time. We gotten the help of Erik Spoelstra and Chip Engelland. All stakeholders are united and RSA and MVP at the forefront in financing the team. Then we had hometown advantage as we are the hosts. No more excuses, all corners have been covered. But still we lost ..... in such a scenario like this wherein Filipinos are hard to please unless you win convincingly ..... It makes me cringe on the thought of what probably will be the reaction of the people here.

Now I undertand what a close aide of Manny Pacquiao is saying that Manny is afraid to fight again coz if he does not win in the dominating fashion he used to do there's a possibility fans will forget what he has done in the past and only remember the last fight.
              i am with you sir nardy.. at times i admit i am utterly disappointed with our team but with basis.. like when certain players do not perform as they should.. but these things happen even to the best team out there TEAM USA.. and not to the extent where i say that the under 18 team is better than Gilas 2??!... IDK..

for me i just support all the way.. laban lang.. we just had an off night last night.. that was how i saw it.. but sir nardy did you see THE MANY OPEN LOOKS OUR TEAM HAD? now that's what you call a system that works..

Comment

• Can anyone post a live stream link. No cable here at my house

Comment

• Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
                  Sir Nardy, tried to backread but still didn't find the info who namamangha is.

you prev said

then however on different threads he has 2 contrasting statements.
                  Its because what he was saying above are the truth .... People here are forcing him to say he is Noli Eala when he is not. I've revealed his identity in the past by posting a link of his picture. But I know a number of you here already know who he is. Now I leave it to that.

Like before I do not see why there is a reason for everybody to know who he is. Just like the Guy in the Yellow Shirt who was forcibly evicting the fans from the watching the Gilas practice game vs Qatar at Ynares Pasig, what will you do ???? He is a high official of the Rizal Governors Office.

These guys were just dpoing there job .... even if unpopular and maybe we do not agree but still they were just doing what they have to do.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                  THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• A lose in this game means we end up 3rd in group A. The other 2 teams uzbekistan and inda are low tier teams.

Comment

• Gilas 2.0 wow
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
                        i am with you sir nardy.. at times i admit i am utterly disappointed with our team but with basis.. like when certain players do not perform as they should.. but these things happen even to the best team out there TEAM USA.. and not to the extent where i say that the under 18 team is better than Gilas 2??!... IDK..

for me i just support all the way.. laban lang.. we just had an off night last night.. that was how i saw it.. but sir nardy did you see THE MANY OPEN LOOKS OUR TEAM HAD? now that's what you call a system that works..

the guys are just getting used with the system .... they're tired of practicing with Gilas and their PBA Team .... truth is these guys have no vacation yet. THEY ARE JUST HUMAN BEINGS. People get tired People make mistakes. But if you look at the bigger picture with any amount of emotion you'll see they're on the right direction. Fact is I am not a Chot Reyes Fan but I do see he has found the system where we could succeed and the players could adjust to. What if we sunk all those free throws .... what if we made all those 3 point shots. But sorry am sure there still going to be critics even if we won that game.

Its just that hard to please Filipinos .... only way to do it is to win ..... keep on winning .... win convincingly ....... maintain it until the end. Because one slip or error and they'll forget.

I still remember there was a time somebody here called James Yap already over the hill and a has-been but said nothing when he helped BMeg win the 2nd Conference Championship.

Just sad that many are focused so much on the failures and mistakes that we do not recognize the sacrifice and effort made.

But that's reality ..... all I wish is that Team Pilipinas wins and get's appreciated by more of our people.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Agreed with Mr. Nardy here... there is too much negativity posted in these pages that it makes you think that to some individuals, there may really be more than just a disgruntled fan's reaction being aired out.

Team GILAS 2 is really doing pretty well.... goodness! Winning eight out of ten so far with a championship tucked in their belt!
                          The negative vote of confidence on this team is unbelievable!

This is after only last night's loss, the wayward and loose cannons trained on this team do not match the shine it has so far have painstakingly displayed!
                          Truly a case of "the grass is always greener on the other side"....envious and unpatriotic.

"By golly then, use only Scotts!"

Comment

• I think most of the posters here are disappointed because we lost to a youth team of CN(18-22 y/os)
                            #parasabayan
                            #GoGilas

Comment

• Those hate messages have been saved by our "geniuses" since the jones cup...they just could not post them since we won the tournament...and after one loss, here they come...

Tong tong tong pakitong kitong....

Comment

• Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
                                I think most of the posters here are disappointed because we lost to a youth team of CN(18-22 y/os)
                                Now I really know how more advanced China's understanding is. For one, what is the anatomic and physiologic difference of a 22 year old and a 30 year old? Is there a difference reflex wise? Is there a difference mentally? If not, why do we keep on saying we lost to a youth team. This is already a men's team people. When you look outside the Philippines, these age groups are classified as independent, mature players already. We did not lose to a youth team, we lost to a better MEN'S team. Be happy we have a things to work on making the same team that we will meet in FIBA Asia now beatable. Look at the positives because there are heaps, not the negatives.
                                Finally, a China team that is beatable...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information