Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Gilas at the FIBA Asia Cup (Sep. 14-22)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neo View Post
    since matt is supposed to be a pg, then he is the one who replaced sol (given that he was almost an alternate in d jones cup with the limited games and minutes that he played).

jared as a new player actually displaced mac baracael.
    Yeah, my bad. I wrote Lanete where I should have written Reyes...

Comment

i believe (in most games at least) that chot will start a natural pf in games, most likely ranidel.
      Same prediction. LA, Chan, Norwood, Ranidel.

What i love about the lack of PGs is that Chot's smallball wouldn't be errr as small..

Norwood-David-Chan-Dillinger-Douthit is a tasty proposition.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
        Same prediction. LA, Chan, Norwood, Ranidel.

What i love about the lack of PGs is that Chot's smallball wouldn't be errr as small..

Norwood-David-Chan-Dillinger-Douthit is a tasty proposition.
        what about the Norwood,Chan,Dillinger,Fonacier, Douthit?

Comment

• Originally posted by epic_dream View Post
          probably a switch between baracael and matt / Mercado and Jared
          in terms of position, its more like matt for sol, jared for mac. but it would have been better if we have a more natural pg like jimmy or jv backing up LA instead of matt. matt will surely be tested here.

Comment

what about the Norwood,Chan,Dillinger,Fonacier, Douthit?
            Even better defensively..
            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

in terms of position, its more like matt for sol, jared for mac. but it would have been better if we have a more natural pg like jimmy or jv backing up LA instead of matt. matt will surely be tested here.
              hmm, matt doesn't have the confidence right now with his handles. barely saw him with at least 5 to six dribbles last wjc.

the fonacier/chan tandem will be put to a test at this tournament.
              let's see if they can hold their respective grounds against a stiffer competition.

Comment

agreed. maybe thats what chot wanted- to test not only matt but chan and david, who are really more of SF types, so ballhandling will be a problem. thats where dillinger and ranidel will help.

Comment

dillinger/norwood
                  Rosser can also pitch in at the PG position. Chot wants to give this guy more international experience and PT it seems.

Comment

• and who,s the starting five so worried cause we dont have more big man

MARCUS

RANIDEL

GABE

JEFF

LA

Comment

• “It’s basically the same as the Jones Cup team except that this team has greater commitment to taller guards in Matt Ganuelas and Jarred Dillinger,” said coach Chot Reyes of the lineup approved by Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Manny V. Pangilinan.

************************************************** ***********************

Looks like Chot is going to experiment on fielding tall guards for the dribble drive offense during the Fiba cup. This is unprecedent in the history of our NT, never have we had 3 6'5 players in Norwood, Rosser and Dillinger play PG for us in international competitions. I guess fans like myself are finally getting what we have always wished for, tall pinoy guards making plays and guarding their counterpards in Asia.

I want to see them go up against the chinese and even show some length on perimeter defense against the likes of Bherami and the wing players of Lebanon. I believe this is one more step towards our ultimate dream of forming tall teams, with bigs like Slaughter and Fajardo in the pipeline perhaps next year ? Can't wait for this to happen, I am genuinely giddy about our prospects for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
                        “It’s basically the same as the Jones Cup team except that this team has greater commitment to taller guards in Matt Ganuelas and Jarred Dillinger,” said coach Chot Reyes of the lineup approved by Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Manny V. Pangilinan.

Looks like Chot is going to experiment on fielding tall guards for the dribble drive offense during the Fiba cup. This is unprecedent in the history of our NT, never have we had 3 6'5 players in Norwood, Rosser and Dillinger play PG for us in international competitions. I guess fans like myself are finally getting what we have always wished for, tall pinoy guards making plays and guarding their counterpards in Asia.

I want to see them go up against the chinese and even show some length on perimeter defense against the likes of Bherami and the wing players of Lebanon. I believe this is one more step towards our ultimate dream of forming tall teams, with bigs like Slaughter and Fajardo in the pipeline perhaps next year ? Can't wait for this to happen, I am genuinely giddy about our prospects for the future.
                        hope they do well there. wish they had another big though aside from rico and JR. maybe JR will get more burn this time around. I was kind'a hoping belga be included, just wanted to see how he'd do internationally. besides, he can shoot from outside so definitely he could provide some points.

Comment

“It’s basically the same as the Jones Cup team except that this team has greater commitment to taller guards in Matt Ganuelas and Jarred Dillinger,” said coach Chot Reyes of the lineup approved by Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Manny V. Pangilinan.

its possible that norwood will play as a regular pg (could even be a starting pg) while dillinger would play norwood's role in the jones cup (point forward). in that case, norwood and dillinger can play together. maybe we could see the 3 texters, de ocampo, dillinger, and fonacier playing at the same time with douthit and norwood/tenorio.

Comment

i believe this is the directive of MVP after witnessing first hand the Gilas 1's deficiency in having small PGs. he said it himself that he's glad he watched the Gilas 1' games live, have identified the problem and will recommend to the coach (at that time, Chot is not yet the official coach of Gilas) to have tall PGs for the next NT.
                            Smart Gilas 2.0
                            ***I Believe***

Yeng Guiao: Neither the 3 year program or coach Rajko was the factor for the success of Smart-Gilas.

Tab Baldwin: He’s [Rajko] the big reason, maybe the biggest reason they got as far as they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMetal View Post
                              Chot Reyes ‏@coachot
                              FIBA doesn't recognize Sol Mercados eligibility when he played for d Asian Games, just like Lassiter & Lutz case. Don't ask me why
                              Guys does this mean that Lassiter & Lutz can no longer represent the Philippines NT in any future FIBA events from now on?

This issue is quite confusing because I previously read that if any player was representing his respective NT before the FIBA rule stating about getting one's nationality before the age of 16 was issued they could continue playing with the NT but after the new rule was passed any new player would no longer be able to represent his NT unless he has proof of nationality before the age of 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                                Guys does this mean that Lassiter & Lutz can no longer represent the Philippines NT in any future FIBA events from now on?

This issue is quite confusing because I previously read that if any player was representing his respective NT before the FIBA rule stating about getting one's nationality before the age of 16 was issued they could continue playing with the NT but after the new rule was passed any new player would no longer be able to represent his NT unless he has proof of nationality before the age of 16.
                                Lassiter and Lutz can play for us because their issues were cleared last year. I believe they are unable to play because their respective club team refuses to lend them. It's Mercado who needs to be cleared in order to play for us.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information