Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Gilas at the FIBA Asia Cup (Sep. 14-22)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by insulares View Post
    trols, chinses, amnomosity....what th'?
    ????

Comment

• must be the weather-weather...

Comment

• Please check D.3.3 of the Fiba Rulebook http://www.fiba.com/downloads/Rules/...lRules2012.pdf
        Quotient system to resolve 3-way ties, Lebanon gets 1st place

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
          Actually FIBA-Asia Officials are puzzled why if our National Teams play overseas there is a strong crowd support from Filipino OFWs but the crowd seems to be not there when we host International events. They even cited the crowds during Marcos time wherein the Araneta Coliseum and the Rizal Memorial are filled to the rafters but during the recent FIBA-Asia Champions Cup even when SMART GILAS plays there was just a sparse crowd when across town in a Pre-season tournament a LaSalle-Ateneo game was jampacked.

heard we now have a very strong chance after a number booboos by the Japan Hosts in the on-going tournament, one was when the Chinese delegation arrived, they were stranded more than 2 hours in the arrival area of the airport after midnight waiting for their "sundo", then there's the 20 minute interuption of our game vs China as the lights dimmed then the broadcast feed from Japan got cut-off during the said China-Philippines Game.

But the recent spate of bank robberies and increase in crime rate in Metro Manila was raised as a major concern.

Ang sama namang tumayming yang mga hold-uppers na yan oh! Dapat siguro sa mga yan, death penalty pag nahuli!

Just kidding! Just a bit disappointed na grabi ang desire nating mga basketball fans thal Philippines will host that tournament tapos here are our wicked kababayans spoiling everything.

Well, I hope it will not be a factor.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

must be the weather-weather...
            As far as my analysis is concerned, I personally believe that the rains caused by the southwest monsoons have somewhat dampened the mood of the Chinese to play well earlier against Lebanon relegating them to play half-heartedly and not to win which resulted to the Lebanese winning by a huge margin that's not really totally insurmountable but unfortunate since they didn't work hard enough to earn for themselves a hard-earned win that they could have done so if they only worked hard but that's how the weather is...

Comment

• fyi qatar pulling away from iran 31-13 2nd qtr
              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
              Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                As far as my analysis is concerned, I personally believe that the rains caused by the southwest monsoons have somewhat dampened the mood of the Chinese to play well earlier against Lebanon relegating them to play half-heartedly and not to win which resulted to the Lebanese winning by a huge margin that's not really totally insurmountable but unfortunate since they didn't work hard enough to earn for themselves a hard-earned win that they could have done so if they only worked hard but that's how the weather is...
                Bravo! That sounds way better than the transitivity logic (re: 3 team scores) of both Mr. Joaqui Trillo and the sore loser Mr. Bahrami. harharhar!

Comment

Bravo! That sounds way better than the transitivity logic (re: 3 team scores) of both Mr. Joaqui Trillo and the sore loser Mr. Bahrami. harharhar!
                  Oh...you mean Trillo's "if they only made all their FT's (5 for 12), they would have won the game by 3 points since they lost by only 4?"

Or Bahrami's "how can they beat us when they lost to Lebanon by a huge margin and we beat Lebanon?"

Yeah, it does sound much better. But I'll leave the analysis to our friends here!

Comment

fyi qatar pulling away from iran 31-13 2nd qtr
                    So it means if Qatar beats Iran, then Iran can't beat us since we beat Qatar here in an exhibition, right? :P

Comment

fyi qatar pulling away from iran 31-13 2nd qtr
                      hmm...let's tank the Macau game then.

See? Mukhang walang incentive mag-placing.

(trans: it's a crap shoot in the other group)

Comment

Oh, I felt some sigh of relief!

Thank you sir.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• With the way Iran is playing, they might end up 4th in their group. I see it as:

1. Japan
                          2. Qatar/CT
                          3. CT/Qatar
                          4. Iran

We're stuck between facing CT or Qatar in the quarterfinals.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

correct !!!! Then let sonny thoss play more as a 4.
                            very! Very! Very agree!! Nice!!!
                            Our advocacy is to promote awareness on the importance of savings and investment. If you think saving and investing is important, like our page on facebook by just typing in search: Avician Holdings Corporation

Comment

So it means if Qatar beats Iran, then Iran can't beat us since we beat Qatar here in an exhibition, right? :P
                              hehehe! You know your basketball better than that sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information