Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Gilas at the FIBA Asia Cup (Sep. 14-22)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it doesnt really matter much to me, Japan could pull up an upset over Iran and be the top seed of Group B, so we beaten both teams in close games before so its an even match whatever our seeding is, probly C.Taipei beats Qatar later on and books a QF match against us..

Comment

• Lebanon 3 2 1 277 198 +79 5
      Philippines 3 2 1 231 189 +42 5
      Uzbekistan 2 1 1 131 146 −15 3
      China 2 1 1 140 157 -17 3
      Macau 2 0 2 112 201 −89 2
      Japan 2 2 0 163 147 +16 4
      Qatar 2 1 1 153 136 +17 3
      Chinese Taipei 2 1 1 191 178 +13 3
      Iran 1 1 0 83 71 +12 2
      India 2 0 2 134 167 −33 2
      "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

Comment

• Originally posted by splitzapper View Post
        That is why whoever is our opponent we need to beat them badly.
        Yes, the bottom line. Didn't really give a rat's ass about the rankings - wouldn't mind meeting IRI early. I miss the Bahrami sound bytes anyway.

We're getting enough rest before the KO's... that's fortuitous enough. Ditch the hand-wringing and sweating out the rankings.

Not a religious dude, but I dig what they say about whoever wants to save his life will lose it....

Happy for Lebanon. That Tiger El-Khatib just gave the formula for "Made in China; B-grade": Fight like tigers. (and sink your threebies)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
          We're assured of at least 2nd place in our bracket. If Lebanon beats China by 17 or less, then we top the bracket. If China beats Lebanon, we place 2nd, and Lebanon ends up 3rd.

How important for us to win first place? We avoid Iran in the crossover semifinals if ever we get there. We might end up playing against China or Lebanon again if ever. In the quarterfinals, we might meet Qatar or Taiwan, depending on who ends up 4th.

What's the scoreboard link of this game, BT?
          How sure are you about that sir? I mean, is that the rule of this tournament in breaking ties? In the recently concluded FIBA-Asia Under-18 tournament, Philippines was tied with Iran & Taiwan in the eliminations. Quotient system was used in breaking the ties, it was not the quotient of the games among the tied teams that was used, but the quotient of all the games of the 3 tied teams. Meaning the winning & losing margins of all the games of the tied teams were computed. Unfortunately for the Phi., we ended up with the lowest quotient among the 3 tied teams.

That's why it is crucial that prior to the start of the tournament, we really had to determine the rules of breaking ties or logjams. This is crucial becoz, pag ang rules eh katulad ng nasa FIBA-Asia Under-18 tournament, then we have to beat Uzbekistan & Macau with as much margin as possible.

Well, sana nga tama ka sir Jay, na ganun nga sa sinabi mo ang rules in breaking ties. Pabor sa atin yun
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• If Japan places 2nd in their group , i feel sorry for them, having to meet China so early in a knockout quarterfinals game, that could be war.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by splitzapper View Post
              Guys having the lead cut to 17 does not guarantee anything at this point using the games aggregate method of determining the ties. In case of a three (3) way tie, the formula to used will be is:

Summation of Scored For (All Games)/ Summation of Scored Against For All Games.

This means we have to blow Macau out of the building. We must beat them by a margin greater that the margin Lebanon beat them, also hoping that Lebanon won't beat Uzbekistan by a margin greater than we did, and China not beating both Macau and Uzbekistan by the margin we both beat them.

If that is true, then we can become no. 1 still at our bracket.

In other words, position 1 and 2 it is still anybody for the taking. That is why whoever is our opponent we need to beat them badly.
              That was the rule in breaking ties in the FIBA-Asia U-18 tournament. Phi. was tied with Iran & Taiwan after the eliminations. Unfortunately, inferior tayo compared sa Iran & Taiwan sa quotient so we ended up 3rd & had to face the very strong Korea team in the quarters & we didn't make it to the semis as Korea was too strong for us.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                If Japan places 2nd in their group , i feel sorry for them, having to meet China so early in a knockout quarterfinals game, that could be war.
                The amnomosity between them could be great for our bid to host next years FiBA asia event. remember these 2 nations are still fighting about the airport bus no show incident, Sige mag suntokan kayo. Remember the old strategy divide your opponents so you can beat them !
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

If Japan places 2nd in their group , i feel sorry for them, having to meet China so early in a knockout quarterfinals game, that could be war.
                  Actually, I'll feel more sorry for those cadets peeling potatoes in their barracks.

They're playing in Tokyo, for one thing.

gee whiz, analyzed... I just saw you reply to your own post. Didn't realize you love talking to yourself.

Comment

• We want politically powerful China on our side, and we want to turn them against bid rival Japan for the hosting rights,
                    magaling ang pinoy sa politika, now finally we have some use for that trait of ours

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                      I believe the system is only applicable to the teams that are involved in the tie. But I could be wrong as well...

Chot just tweeted - he said we'd end up 2nd...
                      I just hope Chot is right.

Comment

We want politically powerful China on our side, and we want to turn them against bid rival Japan for the hosting rights,
                        magaling ang pinoy sa politika, now finally we have some use for that trait of ours
                        this is an opportunity for trols in this forum who like instigating fights to use their talents to good use, make chinses, lebanese fans turn Japan into an enemy

Comment

• On the classification of teams in case of win-loss ties, the computation of the goal averages of the 3 teams involved is used to break the tie.
                          LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                          Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• trols, chinses, amnomosity....what th'?

Comment

• Originally posted by insulares View Post
                              trols, chinses, amnomosity....what th'?
                              What the...you English patrolllmhen!

Comment

• Group A standings

1.Lebanon
                                2.Philippines
                                3.China
                                4.Uzbekistan
                                5.Macau - out

Comment