Mikee Romero's Global Port, Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Servinio View Post
    Dolreich Perasol will be the head coach of Global Port...
    This statement belongs in the rumors thread. Not true at all. Perasol is joining the Ateneo Blue Eagles as consultant this year and as head coach next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Alvir View Post
      This statement belongs in the rumors thread. Not true at all. Perasol is joining the Ateneo Blue Eagles as consultant this year and as head coach next season.
      this is a DIFFERENT PERASOL.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        this is a DIFFERENT PERASOL.
        Bo Perasol
        From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Dolreich "Bo" Perasol is a Filipino professional basketball head coach of the Powerade Tigers in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Could be wrong though, as he's the only Perasol i know.

Could there be a tug-of-war between Global and Ateneo since the former could have a live contract with the ball club?
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Yes, Dolreich is the real name of Bo Perasol. He was co-forum member Percival Flores' student at the College of Mass Communications in UP Diliman back in the 90's so this is pretty much confirmed.

As for Perasol, I won't doubt Anthony's post regarding Perasol being appointed head coach by Mikee Romero. But I'm not sure if Perasol has already made a decision. It's pretty much confirmed as well that the Ateneo Blue Eagles' #1 choice to replace Norman Black as their head coach is the former UP Maroon. Whether Perasol has made a decision already is something that needs further confirmation.

Romero might want to retain Perasol on a short-term basis to provide transition to his preferred coach. Glenn Capacio was his appointed head coach for the Philippine Patriots so he will definitely be retained for his pro team, most likely as an assistant coach. If Ato Agustin is taken out as Petron head coach and doesn't get any assistant coaching job, he may also be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
            Bo Perasol
            From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Dolreich "Bo" Perasol is a Filipino professional basketball head coach of the Powerade Tigers in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Could be wrong though, as he's the only Perasol i know.

Could there be a tug-of-war between Global and Ateneo since the former could have a live contract with the ball club?
            thanks DT. i thought Dolreich Perasol and bo are different persons. so Dolreich Perasol is coach bo's real name. intriguing on who'll be the next head coach for ADMU.
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
              Yes, Dolreich is the real name of Bo Perasol. He was co-forum member Percival Flores' student at the College of Mass Communications in UP Diliman back in the 90's so this is pretty much confirmed.

As for Perasol, I won't doubt Anthony's post regarding Perasol being appointed head coach by Mikee Romero. But I'm not sure if Perasol has already made a decision. It's pretty much confirmed as well that the Ateneo Blue Eagles' #1 choice to replace Norman Black as their head coach is the former UP Maroon. Whether Perasol has made a decision already is something that needs further confirmation.

Romero might want to retain Perasol on a short-term basis to provide transition to his preferred coach. Glenn Capacio was his appointed head coach for the Philippine Patriots so he will definitely be retained for his pro team, most likely as an assistant coach. If Ato Agustin is taken out as Petron head coach and doesn't get any assistant coaching job, he may also be considered.
              Jay, would you know the status of Perasol's contract with then-Powerade? How long was it? Since Global bought them lock, stock and barrel that includes Perasol's contract, correct? If it goes beyond 2013 then Perasonl has to honor the contract before signing with another (Ateneo)?

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                Jay, would you know the status of Perasol's contract with then-Powerade? How long was it? Since Global bought them lock, stock and barrel that includes Perasol's contract, correct? If it goes beyond 2013 then Perasonl has to honor the contract before signing with another (Ateneo)?
                That is correct. Anything that Powerade has will be retained by Global Port. Of course, the other option is to have Perasol's contract bought out by Ateneo, but I doubt if they'll do this. I'm not privy to Bo's contract with the Tigers, although it's possible his contract expired last July 31, 2012. The reason for this theory is that Ateneo wouldn't be broaching up his name to be their head coach next season if they know they couldn't get him. So I'm thinking he has no contractual obligations anymore and is free to negotiate with anyone from hereon.

Will Romero hire him? I wouldn't know, but the key person is Gary David. If Romero wants to retain David, then Perasol would have to be retained, even if it's for a short-term basis. But if Romero offers David to the highest taker, then expect Perasol to be Ateneo's coach next season. I surmise short-term simply because he might be used for the interim during the transition phase and allow the coaches that Romero prefers - whether it's Junel Baculi, Jorge Galent or Glenn Capacio.

I'll see if I can find out about Perasol's contract...

Comment

That is correct. Anything that Powerade has will be retained by Global Port. Of course, the other option is to have Perasol's contract bought out by Ateneo, but I doubt if they'll do this. I'm not privy to Bo's contract with the Tigers, although it's possible his contract expired last July 31, 2012. The reason for this theory is that Ateneo wouldn't be broaching up his name to be their head coach next season if they know they couldn't get him. So I'm thinking he has no contractual obligations anymore and is free to negotiate with anyone from hereon.

Will Romero hire him? I wouldn't know, but the key person is Gary David. If Romero wants to retain David, then Perasol would have to be retained, even if it's for a short-term basis. But if Romero offers David to the highest taker, then expect Perasol to be Ateneo's coach next season. I surmise short-term simply because he might be used for the interim during the transition phase and allow the coaches that Romero prefers - whether it's Junel Baculi, Jorge Galent or Glenn Capacio.

I'll see if I can find out about Perasol's contract...
                  Thanks Jay. Would love to know as well how much Ateneo offered (if indeed there was an offer) just so we know how transfers/moves such as this one is interpreted under the current system.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Perasol has a one-year contract with Powerade which was renewed after the AFC. His renewal was simultaneous to the contract extension given to Gary David where he was given the maximum P420k a month contract. That means Perasol is obligated to Global Port until March or April next year.

Here's the thing though - Mikee Romero prefers someone who he has worked with in the past to handle his team. Enter Junel Baculi. Baculi still has a one-year contract with Barako but then, there's actually no difference since Barako and Global Port are financed by the same person. Hence, the likelihood is Perasol would go to Ateneo, Baculi would go to Global, and Bong Ramos would take over Barako. Ramos is Baculi's assistant coach at present with the Energy.

I have no idea how much Ateneo offered Perasol. It's definitely not as much as the Norman Black contract rumored to be in the vicinity of P1M a month but it's also a slight increase from what he recently renewed with Powerade. Chances are Perasol and Global would part amicably so that Perasol can go to the Blue Eagles and Romero will have his preferred coach in the bench.

Comment

If Coach handling the Ateneo's senior basketball program come to fruition.. it will be life changing for Perasol not in the material scheme of things but in other aspect in life....He DESERVES it after all the doubts have given to him by his detractors including yours truly..
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Is it true that Romero's Global Port bought Powerade franchise for almost a 100mil!!!
                        Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryotek View Post
                          Is it true that Romero's Global Port bought Powerade franchise for almost a 100mil!!!
                          I won't be surprised if they did. Powerade's price tag comes in hefty, brought about by several factors. Here's a couple:

1. The most obvious is that this team is still star-laden. They have arguably the best player in the PBA today in Gary David who has led the league in scoring for 3 straight seasons already. They also have ROY runner-up JVee Casio, a young inside banger in Sean Anthony, a former ROY in Rabeh Al-Husseini, among others. This team, while not exactly the most talented in the league, is probably in the middle-tier, not as talent-laden as Petron, TNT, BGK, or B-Meg, but definitely better than Air 21 and to some extent, Barako and Alaska. They're in the middle of the pack, lined up with teams like ROS and Meralco.

2. Powerade's franchise was supposed to have been sold to the San Miguel Group as part of the latter's right of first refusal arrangement when SMC turned over the PBA franchise to the Atlanta-based company back in 2005. It would interest everyone how Global Port was able to "snatch" this franchise from SMC when even the MVP Group couldn't outwit the conglomerate in PBA dealings. Hence, don't be surprised if Mikee Romero is merely a "puppet" here, a figurehead but isn't actually the one in charge of running the financial affairs of this team. Assuming the Powerade franchise was sold to SMC as indicated in a document signed by the CEO of Coke Philippines, the cost of the franchise was already P100M.

3. There's no way Romero can raise that amount. Everything that was being rationalized by the PBA Board about Romero's spending P50M to P80M in the ABL is pure hogwash. The one who financed the Philippine Patriots was Stephen Fernandez of Air Asia Philippines. Romero simply allowed his Philippine Patriots team to be used by Air Asia so long as the latter would finance its participation. What would interest everyone further is who Romero's partner at the North Harbor. It used to be MVP. Now? It's RSA. And we all know there are only a few businessmen with basketball interest who can afford to pay P100M. MVP is one of them. RSA is another.

4. If Casio is released to a SMC team later on in the season, then you know what gives. Say what you want to say about Romero's passion for the game but he doesn't hold the purse strings of his franchise. Hence, this will unofficially became the sixth PBA team of the SMC Group.

Comment

I won't be surprised if they did. Powerade's price tag comes in hefty, brought about by several factors. Here's a couple:

1. The most obvious is that this team is still star-laden. They have arguably the best player in the PBA today in Gary David who has led the league in scoring for 3 straight seasons already. They also have ROY runner-up JVee Casio, a young inside banger in Sean Anthony, a former ROY in Rabeh Al-Husseini, among others. This team, while not exactly the most talented in the league, is probably in the middle-tier, not as talent-laden as Petron, TNT, BGK, or B-Meg, but definitely better than Air 21 and to some extent, Barako and Alaska. They're in the middle of the pack, lined up with teams like ROS and Meralco.

2. Powerade's franchise was supposed to have been sold to the San Miguel Group as part of the latter's right of first refusal arrangement when SMC turned over the PBA franchise to the Atlanta-based company back in 2005. It would interest everyone how Global Port was able to "snatch" this franchise from SMC when even the MVP Group couldn't outwit the conglomerate in PBA dealings. Hence, don't be surprised if Mikee Romero is merely a "puppet" here, a figurehead but isn't actually the one in charge of running the financial affairs of this team. Assuming the Powerade franchise was sold to SMC as indicated in a document signed by the CEO of Coke Philippines, the cost of the franchise was already P100M.

3. There's no way Romero can raise that amount. Everything that was being rationalized by the PBA Board about Romero's spending P50M to P80M in the ABL is pure hogwash. The one who financed the Philippine Patriots was Stephen Fernandez of Air Asia Philippines. Romero simply allowed his Philippine Patriots team to be used by Air Asia so long as the latter would finance its participation. What would interest everyone further is who Romero's partner at the North Harbor. It used to be MVP. Now? It's RSA. And we all know there are only a few businessmen with basketball interest who can afford to pay P100M. MVP is one of them. RSA is another.

4. If Casio is released to a SMC team later on in the season, then you know what gives. Say what you want to say about Romero's passion for the game but he doesn't hold the purse strings of his franchise. Hence, this will unofficially became the sixth PBA team of the SMC Group.
                            doesn't that make him... a dummy??
                            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                              doesn't that make him... a dummy??
                              Air 21 and Barako understands this business already. Mikee should just follow suit

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

A list of stockholders of Global Port 900 or Sultan 900 will reveal who the real owners are.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information