Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StrawHeart View Post
    JAPAN!

2 or 3 years from now, we would definitely see Team Hayabusa parade Hachimura at SF and Watanabe at PF. That would definitely be exciting. IMHO, in terms of the young guns, Japan is currently ahead of us, at least if we look at it at the ones playing in the US NCAA.
    2 or 3 year from now, Hepa and AJ will be playing in the US NCAA, but you're right Japan will feature its NCAA forwards in their NT first before we do, might take us 3 or 4 years

Oh we do have a forward who participated in March Madness
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• We still have Japeth Junemar and Alamazan for the next 5-7 years. I hope 5 years is enough for Edu, Kai and Hepa* to develop and be ready for the men's team. Van Opstal Troy** and NorberT are the only legit bigs that's in the 20-25yo range.

Hepa* - if ever he decideds to play for the three stars and a sun
      Troy** - doesn't really play the main big man role(Same as Ranidel's role)
      LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        2 or 3 year from now, Hepa and AJ will be playing in the US NCAA, but you're right Japan will feature its NCAA forwards in their NT first before we do, might take us 3 or 4 years

Oh, how I wish this to happen. Btw, are there really legit interests in the US NCAA as regards Edu? Hoping he grows 2 or 3 more inches while retaining his mobility.

Comment

Oh, how I wish this to happen. Btw, are there really legit interests in the US NCAA as regards Edu? Hoping he grows 2 or 3 more inches while retaining his mobility.
          He's not yet getting the same interest and offers as Hepa. But he has time plus its understandable considering he plays outside the US
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• BTW while there are exceptions. Generally speaking to be a legit NBA prospect the best route especially for Filipino who doesn't have the European club option. The US NCAA is the most realistic route to go

Comment

One guard and two forwards. One of them is homegrown. One is in the Northeast, while the other is in the middle of the desert.
              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• I am clueless. Who is this Forward in March Madness and the names of 2 players?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                  I am clueless. Who is this Forward in March Madness and the names of 2 players?
                  One has already played for us. The others are not eligible.
                  Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Unless, of course, there's someone else we don't know yet.
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

JAPAN!

2 or 3 years from now, we would definitely see Team Hayabusa parade Hachimura at SF and Watanabe at PF. That would definitely be exciting. IMHO, in terms of the young guns, Japan is currently ahead of us, at least if we look at it at the ones playing in the US NCAA.
                      Watanabe already played here last fiba asia 2013 as part of the Japanese Senior men's NT.
                      That is how japan sees the potential in this kid.

Comment

• Past? Present? I only know Gabe Norwood during his George Mason days.

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
                          Watanabe already played here last fiba asia 2013 as part of the Japanese Senior men's NT.
                          That is how japan sees the potential in this kid.
                          He also played in the OQT in Italy last year as their starting Small Forward playing alongside the Takeuchi Twins in the frontline

Comment

He's not yet getting the same interest and offers as Hepa. But he has time plus its understandable considering he plays outside the US
                            if edu wants to attract offers from US colleges, playing at world 3x3 would do. kung pwede he can also play at seniors 3x3 world cup.
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

JAPAN!

i hope this don't sound sacrilegious but Hachimura plays efficiently simple that he reminds me of the spur's Kwahi Leonard.I do hope we get to have players like this.Very fundamentally sound and efficient on both sides of the court. I think Paras would be a good match up with him if Paras improve his defense tremendously.As for Watanabe, a matured Kamaka Hepa would be nice to have.But like what I've said, I like Hepa to play as a local and not a naturalized player, how? i surely don't know but I guess the best thing would be is for FIBA to relax on their eligibility rules.

On the other hand,Asian small forwards and power forwards of the future would be much more taller and more athletic than the past ones.I do hope we our young kids would continue to grow and maybe we would have a lot of players who are above 2 meters to compete against their growing Asian counterparts.
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• lol kobe paras played in the march madness

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information