No announcement yet.

Open letter from Vlado Ilievski to FIBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece just plainly FAILED. They lost to Nigeria. If you can't beat Nigeria in an elimination game, you don't deserve to go to the Olympics. Greece has a team that should never have allowed it to be a close game. Don't always blame the others, you should better start looking how you can improve to be among the best teams again in the future.

Same with Macedonia, if you have such a high lead you have to play smarter. They just took bad shots, made bad decisions and (as in Eurobasket) had problems ith their physical condition due to their short rotation. McCalebb was done mid third half and could only walk as he didn't get any rest.
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle View Post
      Greece just plainly FAILED. They lost to Nigeria. If you can't beat Nigeria in an elimination game, you don't deserve to go to the Olympics. Greece has a team that should never have allowed it to be a close game. Don't always blame the others, you should better start looking how you can improve to be among the best teams again in the future.

Same with Macedonia, if you have such a high lead you have to play smarter. They just took bad shots, made bad decisions and (as in Eurobasket) had problems ith their physical condition due to their short rotation. McCalebb was done mid third half and could only walk as he didn't get any rest.
      Right, Greece and FYROM should be expected to win every game 5 against 8. Otherwise they "suck".

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
        Just one question: Why did Spanoulis reacted the way after the blocked shot like he did? He did not complain, none of the Greek players ran towards the refs to complain...

Always love disgruntled people here reacting like little kids when it comes to losses but bragging about how good their teams are when they win. Take it like a man, Olympiacos not like some kid that got candy ripped off his hand.

I have no problem with Greece and Lithuania forming their own little championship..oh you can take your bitter enemies FYROM into your three-way encounter. Bet refs wont be better in those duels. Same predicitions: Refs are biased because...blah blah blah...

You really making Greece look ugly to many with your crying. Thank god I know how beautiful Greece is, otherwise I would say that Piraeus must be as ugly as your spams on the board.
        Spanoulis did not feel any contact that is why he did not bother. His body language says it all. His action speak louder than words.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
          Spanoulis did not feel any contact that is why he did not bother. His body language says it all. His action speak louder than words.
          Why are you commenting about a game that you didn't watch? Has it even occurred to you that others here actually saw the game and know you are making this stuff up?

Comment

Originally posted by Olympiacos View Post
            Why are you commenting about a game that you didn't watch? Has it even occurred to you that others here actually saw the game and know you are making this stuff up?
            Dont worry Dagunduro might get a second look from the Lakers after that dream shattering performance. This is a good laugh for another 4 years.

Comment

What's the point of this thread again?

We lost, get over it and prepare for the next Euro...

Comment

Question: What does it take for Greeks and Macedonian Slavs to join forces?
                Answer: Rob them both in basketball.
                PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                  Question: What does it take for Greeks and Macedonian Slavs to join forces?
                  Answer: Rob them both in basketball.
                  FIBA unites people since 1932

Comment

The only team that has a reason to claim that organisation was against em was Lithuania. Busses broking down, tanks comming over to chill durring practice, no dvd's to analyse games, no water only for our team before the game.

I feel bad for Greece as they deserve to be in olympics, but the reason you guys lost is because Nigeria played with more heart than any other team in this tournament.
                    And what about Macedonia, you guys just dont deserve to be in olympics. We had the same foul troubles against Puerto Rico, this is sports. More calls on one side doesnt always mean that the refs are biased. You guys had an easy way to the semis, easier then Lith/Russia or Greece. There is noone else to blame but urselfs. Now you can go back to telling stories how ur team is on the same level as Russia/Lithuania/Greece and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kalashnikov View Post
                      What's the point of this thread again?

We lost, get over it and prepare for the next Euro...
                      Point is: It is difference when an experienced player say something rather than me and Olympiacos. And truste me Vlado Ilievski normaly is a very silent and a huge gentleman he is well known for this (shy in general).

I mean when someone like him open the heart than something most be wrong.

I would like to see someone from Greek delegation to do the same.

Yes we lost I will gett over it but someone from Greece most also stand up. This is sport and should not be like this.
                      FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by kestiz View Post
                        The only team that has a reason to claim that organisation was against em was Lithuania. Busses broking down, tanks comming over to chill durring practice, no dvd's to analyse games, no water only for our team before the game.

I feel bad for Greece as they deserve to be in olympics, but the reason you guys lost is because Nigeria played with more heart than any other team in this tournament.

And what about Macedonia, you guys just dont deserve to be in olympics. We had the same foul troubles against Puerto Rico, this is sports. More calls on one side doesnt always mean that the refs are biased. You guys had an easy way to the semis, easier then Lith/Russia or Greece. There is noone else to blame but urselfs. Now you can go back to telling stories how ur team is on the same level as Russia/Lithuania/Greece and etc.
                        I agree with every one of your points. I feel sorry for the Greeks losing a close one on the wrong day but these things happen. Macedonia though was not nearly good enough this year.

Comment

yall crying too much.

teams took an average of 27 free throws/game vs Puerto Rico and no one is creating a thread about it

you guys are too accustomed to being favored, and ur silly act is getting stupidly annoying and childish.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's extremely sad that so many people here defend the games being decided by refs and not players. It's quite sickening.

Comment

Never been decided by players
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information