[DAY 4] OQT Favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DAY 4] OQT Favorites

Time for a lighter off-day thread. List your favorite things from the tournament so far.

Favorite Player: Greivis Vasquez. So...charismatic.
    Favorite Coach: Flor Melendez. He just looks so Puerto Rican.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Elpidio Fortuna, Tai Webster, Vassilis Spanoulis.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria over Lithuania, in an upset over Puerto Rico's predictable loss to Greece.
    Favorite Aspect of FIBA Tournaments: That they don't play all the final games of the same group at the same time. Sure it is fairer in soccer, but Lithuania losing to Nigeria to eliminate Venezuela is funnier, and from the standpoint of the neutral fan isn't that what counts?
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: A. Skinnas. Kind of a weak field this tournament.
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Korea. At least they tried.
    Favorite How does this Player get $6 Million a Year Player: Francisco Garcia.
    Last edited by JGX; 07-05-2012, 05:12 AM.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Originally posted by JGX View Post
    Time for a lighter off-day thread. List your favorite things from the tournament so far.

Favorite Player: Greivis Vasquez. So...charismatic.
    Favorite Coach: Flor Melendez. He just looks so Puerto Rican.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Elpidio Fortuna, Tai Webster, Vassilis Spanoulis.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria over Lithuania, in an upset over Puerto Rico's predictable loss to Greece.
    Favorite Aspect of FIBA Tournaments: That they don't play all the final games of the same group at the same time. Sure it is fairer in soccer, but Lithuania losing to Nigeria to eliminate Venezuela is funnier, and from the standpoint of the neutral fan isn't that what counts?
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Korea. At least they tried.
    Favorite How does this Player get $6 Million a Year Player: Francisco Garcia.
    Favorite Player: Tony Skinn. Got sick shortly before tournament started and played through it with cramps in his legs.
    Favorite Coach: Eric Musselman. he nearly caused NATO retaliation against Venezuela.Refused to fly into Lithuanian territory to shake hands.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Korean squad except Eric Sandrin.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria's winner over Lithuania as well as Angola's W against Robin MK.
    Favorite Aspect of this FIBA Tournament: Lots of fans are watching the games there. In Greece, in 2008, the gym was completly empty except when Slovenia or Greece were playing.
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: Erikas Sandrinas.
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Musselman and Vasquez.
    All-Name Team:
    Olimpio Cipriano = The Olympic-delegation of Cyprus should name him as team-captain.
    Elpidio Fortuna = Asks for fortune.
    Enver Soobzokov = aka Zub Zero from Running Man.
    Deividas Dulkys = aka Dulk Dogan.
    Jeremiah Truemen = Old fashioned & masculine.
    Chamberlain Oguchi beat out Koko Archibong with his first name.
    Windi Graterol beat out John Cox last name with his first name.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

FAVORITE PLAYER:Linas Kleiza
      FAVORITE COACH:Ilias Zouros
      FAVORITE PLAYERS I HAD NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL THIS SUMMER:Vlado Ilievski,Greivis Vasquez
      FAVORITE RESULT:Greece-Puerto Rico 98-84
      FAVORITE ASPECT ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT:Greece will qualify easily
      FAVORITE OVERMATCHED TEAM:Nigeria

Comment

Favorite Player: Linas Kleiza. He saved our asses in game uno.
        Favorite Coach: Eric Musselman. Such a drama queen .
        Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Eduardo Mingas. Great performance in game uno!
        Favorite Result: Angola's win against Macedonia.
        Favorite Aspect of this FIBA Tournament: intense situations - when a fight is about to break out, game is tied, etc.
        Favorite Lithuanianized Name: Deividas Kubilius (David Cubillan, "Kubilius" being our [incompetent] Prime Minister)
        Favorite Overmatched Team: Angola

Comment

Originally posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
          FAVORITE PLAYER:Linas Kleiza
          FAVORITE COACH:Ilias Zouros
          FAVORITE PLAYERS I HAD NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL THIS SUMMER:Vlado Ilievski,Greivis Vasquez
          FAVORITE RESULT:Greece-Puerto Rico 98-84
          FAVORITE ASPECT ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT:Greece will qualify easily
          FAVORITE OVERMATCHED TEAM:Nigeria
          Vlado Ilievski has playd for Montepaski, Barcelona, Efes, Caja, Partizan, Union. Not any anonymous for basketball lovers and is well known for his good play in defence and organization in attack. Poor shoter however but his split vission just superb. Greivis Vasquez Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets.
          FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
            Vlado Ilievski has playd for Montepaski, Barcelona, Efes, Caja, Partizan, Union. Not any anonymous for basketball lovers and is well known for his good play in defence and organization in attack. Poor shoter however but his split vission just superb. Greivis Vasquez Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets.
            I did not know about Vasquez,because I dont watch at all NBA.
            If Vlado has as good career as you told why your leader is Antic and not him?
            And the other guy,JGX,had never listened about Vasilis Spanoulis.Ilievski looked strange to you?

Comment

I did not know about Vasquez,because I dont watch at all NBA.
              If Vlado has as good career as you told why your leader is Antic and not him?
              And the other guy,JGX,had never listened about Vasilis Spanoulis.Ilievski looked strange to you?
              JGX was kidding about not knowing Spanoulis.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                JGX was kidding about not knowing Spanoulis.
                How do you know that?However,he should put an emotic to avoid disunderstandings...

Comment

Ok, I'll try to put it serious
                  Favorite Player: Draw between Linas Kleiza and Vassilis Spanoulis.
                  Favorite Coach: Well, Zouros so far.
                  Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Tai Webster.
                  Favorite Result: Nigeria upstes Lithuania.
                  Favorite Aspect of FIBA Tournaments: It gets trolls here on interbasket from out of nowhere.
                  Favorite Lithuanianized Name: Sadly, Liam Kenney isn't Lithuanian.
                  Favorite Overmatched Team: Angola.
                  2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Favorite Result: Nigeria over Lithuania, in an upset....

Comment

How do you know that?However,he should put an emotic to avoid disunderstandings...
                      If you had been a member of this site for a few years you would know he is just kidding. He's directing the joke at a particular member of IBN.

Comment

Sorry that you disunderstood my post. NorCal is correct. Of course I remember Spanoulis from college, but I did not know that he was naturalized as a Greek until recently. I thought he played really well today but his teammates let him down. What do people in Greece think?

People, you are allowed to come up with your own categories!
                        Originally posted by Fedfan
                        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                        Originally posted by GuTO
                        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Sorry that you disunderstood my post. NorCal is correct. Of course I remember Spanoulis from college, but I did not know that he was naturalized as a Greek until recently. I thought he played really well today but his teammates let him down. What do people in Greece think?

People, you are allowed to come up with your own categories!
                          Well done, sir. Truly well done

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information