[DAY 3] Group B: Lithuania vs. Nigeria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
    Liths deliberatly chose not to fault and not to try to steel the win but to make Nigeria going through with hosts failing to make it to the play-offs. Well, I doesn't approve this kind of tactics - I think, that you must fight from the first second of the game to the last one and not to think about making some revenge on unlikable teams with such unpleasant moves. It's quite a shameful behaviour and, you know, often it pay offs in quite a painful way - well, Greeks can tell you some stories from their recent past about that.
    Come on, have you read this thread? It wasn't a revenge on Venezuela, they just didn't want to risk losing the first place in the group.

Comment

• Lithuania probably played as bad as they can (except Kleiza, he is doing everything so well so far I hope it stays that way) if we play like this against puerto rico... another upset for the fans I guess.

While Nigeria played crazy good, they landed CRAZY shoots and were so motivated. From this game alone I can tell that Jonas V will have a hard time in the NBA untill he puts some muscle power, he cant fight with atletic teams like Nigeria.

I dont think that this game was given and I dont think that Lithuania wanted to loose. Its just that our team still lacks consistency in every way. Kalnietis played his worst game ever, so many mystakes and missed wide-open shoots its crazy. Knowing that Lithuania can play that bad I feel scared now that we wont get into the olympics.

Comment

• I can´t understand most of lithuanian fans beeing ok with not trying to win the game... its like... "well, we are loosing by 6 but i´m ok with that, we are still #1 in the group so i´m not trying to win this thing" WTF

There´s no shame on loosing a game cause the other team was better than you, but its embarrasing not trying to win till the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jokinen View Post
          I can´t understand most of lithuanian fans beeing ok with not trying to win the game....
          That's entirely incorrect. Most Lithuanian fans are incensed that their team didn't just go out and beat a team that hadn't yet made any kind of a mark on the basketball world. Most Lithuanian fans think the Lithuanian team was more than a touch complacent entering the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jokinen View Post
            I can´t understand most of lithuanian fans beeing ok with not trying to win the game... its like... "well, we are loosing by 6 but i´m ok with that, we are still #1 in the group so i´m not trying to win this thing" WTF

There´s no shame on loosing a game cause the other team was better than you, but its embarrasing not trying to win till the end.
            Try to put some sense and logic and you'll get it. Nobody is ok with a loss, but it's better to have smth (1st place) than go for a desperate win (we were losing -6 with only 20+ s till the end, not some -2) and risk to lose everything (1st place and a game)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
              That's entirely incorrect. Most Lithuanian fans are incensed that their team didn't just go out and beat a team that hadn't yet made any kind of a mark on the basketball world. Most Lithuanian fans think the Lithuanian team was more than a touch complacent entering the game.

I´m particulary speaking about the last 30 secs. BTW, don´t feel offended, i´m not trying to offend anybody, but I was watching the game, and it was surprising not try to steal the ball or make a foul. Really not what i was expecting

Comment

• afrika beat you ,hahaa1! you losers ,i tell you ,go back to balt sea ,hide ! you not respekt ,Venezuela , treat bad .Porto Riko show you respekt!!

Go Porto Riko and Makedonija!!

Comment

• certainly Hugo Chavez won't let Lithuanian delegation leave Venezuela so soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information