• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the final score
    Visit http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/ for Nigerian Basketball

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      That would be just dream scenario for others teams,if 4 european teams faced each other in 1/4 ... Greece you are playiing after we gonna finish our game against host ! You will know what you have to do...
      I remember Greece playing Puerto Rico at the 2004 Olympics. Both teams could benefit from loosing that game as the winner had to play Argentina. In the end Greece won the game, but Puerto Rico was doing everything in its power to loose. Aroyo was missing free lay ups. That game was hilarious.

So, should Lithuania loose to Venezuela I think you'll be facing Greece for sure. Because the Puerto Ricans will definately loose the game against Greece. Besides, Kazlauskas is not the coach of Greece anymore.
      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by -k2- View Post
        that's angola basketball. We've been dealing with that shit for years. Welcome to the big leagues. Deal with it noob! :d
        bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
          I remember Greece playing Puerto Rico at the 2004 Olympics. Both teams could benefit from loosing that game as the winner had to play Argentina. In the end Greece won the game, but Puerto Rico was doing everything in its power to loose. Aroyo was missing free lay ups. That game was hilarious.

So, should Lithuania loose to Venezuela I think you'll be facing Greece for sure. Because the Puerto Ricans will definately loose the game against Greece. Besides, Kazlauskas is not the coach of Greece anymore.
          Im not that sure greece to are fantastic actors in this area ) But i hope we gonna win tommorow atleast we gonna do everything we can to do that and go from there...For us doesnt matter we got tough opponent in 1/4 either way,its gonna be greece or purerturico both very high calibre teams.. ofcourse if you wanna be in olimpics you have to prove you belong there ...I hope it wont be greece,but if it will be them we gonna give a fight to them.Before tournament I thoughts russian got the easiest way to the semifinal,but after macadonias lost tonight im not that sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post

Who said we're gonna lose to Venezuela ?

And Greece will try to avoid us, because we're always deemed a "tough opponent". If we beat Greece (who we always have in official games in the last 5 years, I think), then they don't qualify. And they WANT to qualify .

Comment

overrating venezuela cuz they are hosting.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
                Who said we're gonna lose to Venezuela ?

And Greece will try to avoid us, because we're always deemed a "tough opponent". If we beat Greece (who we always have in the last 5 years, I think), then they don't qualify. And they WANT to qualify .
                I know we have good record against greece,but you know every tournament new story and you have to forget history...game starts 0-0... Nobody said we gonna lose to host,but it would be tough against them and that crazy crowd,i would say our chances are 55-45 only little bit better than venezualas.So im not sure,atleast till now our team didnt show their full potential and who know what will happen under such dificult circumstances...Hope for best

Comment

"They did not know much about Angola and therefore they are in trouble now."
                  so to speak with the words of Charles Barkley.

Last edited by fasoulaki; 07-03-2012, 07:52 AM.
                  You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

I think it is time for FYROM to go home.

Comment

Is it just me or do we keep seeing the same names for Angola each and every year?

How old are these guys? Mingas, Cipriano, Morais and Gomes. Don't they get old or get injured?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                        Is it just me or do we keep seeing the same names for Angola each and every year?

How old are these guys? Mingas, Cipriano, Morais and Gomes. Don't they get old or get injured?
                        Eduardo Mingas (1979), Joaquim Gomes (1980), Olimpio Cipriano (1982), Carlos Morais (1985)

Hehe man they're not that old but they've been playing with the Angolan NT for quite a while now. They got these players to start playing together at a young age and I do believe the Angolan federation is extremely well planned and know what they're doing.

You should have seen two years back (in 2010 World Championships in Turkey) when they still had Carlos Almeida (1976), and Miguel Lutonda (1971) who was still representing the Angolan NT at 39 years of age!!!

I do believe Angola's players are very fit and they must have an extremely amazing training program to stay that healthy and be able to still play at a high level at such an age.

By the way even in 2007 Angola had Victor Carvalho (1969) who was still playing on the NT and he also was 39 years old back then!!

Comment

It's hard to believe none of them can crack the NBA. Nigeria has Alfarouq Aminu and Ike Diogu, the Angolans might be better than these 2.

Is basketball the most popular sport in Angola?

The unity and system of basketball in Angola is truly amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                            It's hard to believe none of them can crack the NBA. Nigeria has Alfarouq Aminu and Ike Diogu, the Angolans might be better than these 2.

Is basketball the most popular sport in Angola?

The unity and system of basketball in Angola is truly amazing.
                            Basketball is the most popular sport in Angola as far as I know.
                            Angolan players have great bodies and i'm sure they could have a player that might get a chance at playing in the NBA.
                            However Angola never really had big forwards and centers like Nigeria do (even though what they lack in height in Angola they compensate in athleticism).
                            This is the first time in a while that they have a center who is taller than 205 cm (Joaquim Valdelicio, 208, 1990).

Also Angolans usually aren't going to live and play abroad in abundancy like the Nigerians do. Most of their players on the NT either play in Angola or Portugal even though Valdelicio is a rare case as he was playing in the U.S before.

And that's why Angola's basketball program is so impressive at developing their players.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information