[Day 1] Group C: Korea vs. Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    What was the point win ticket to QF tournament and then send youngsters ? Or assian teams know,the only ticket to olimpic games is gold in assian championship ? Because with all players or not neither korea,neither jordan,neither champion of assia china have very very slim chances beating european teams...Than i can understand that korea put everything they got to win assia championship and when they came short,sended here their younsgters.
    Exactly and they had a limited budget as well so they didn't even play in any friendly games abroad and relied on internal camps.

Comment

What was the point win ticket to QF tournament and then send youngsters ? Or assian teams know,the only ticket to olimpic games is gold in assian championship ? Because with all players or not neither korea,neither jordan,neither champion of assia china have very very slim chances beating european teams...Than i can understand that korea put everything they got to win assia championship and when they came short,sended here their younsgters.
      Well I think China in the Yao Ming era would beat any of the european teams not named Russia participating in this tournament. Its 50/50 against Russia. Only teams that could at least try to compete against europeans and americans are the west asian teams like Iran, Lebanon, and Jordan. In fact, Iran to me would have put a better fight against russians than Korea, but they got suprised by Jordan who went through that tournament from less to more. Jordan coud have been able to compete against Greece and Puerto Rico if they had brought the complete team. Now with an incomplete team, Im not so confident they will do better than the koreans.
      Originally posted by J-Mart
      the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
      sigpic

Comment

This game was wide but entertaining. Russia looks beatable and I think Dominican Republic might shock them

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
          Well I think China in the Yao Ming era would beat any of the european teams not named Russia participating in this tournament. Its 50/50 against Russia. Only teams that could at least try to compete against europeans and americans are the west asian teams like Iran, Lebanon, and Jordan. In fact, Iran to me would have put a better fight against russians than Korea, but they got suprised by Jordan who went through that tournament from less to more. Jordan coud have been able to compete against Greece and Puerto Rico if they had brought the complete team. Now with an incomplete team, Im not so confident they will do better than the koreans.
          Wow, you are really overrating how good China was with Yao.

Comment

I dont agree with these statement.Lithuania played china in all 5 olimpiads 1992-1996-2000-2004-2008 and in all 5 meetings we won all 5games by 20+ points...two times including Yao playing...Last meeting china played in bejing and lost to us 1/4 game 68-94...And we are usually 3-5 best team in europe.

Comment

and I think ya'll taking him out of context. I think he is right. Those Yao teams could beat this Greek and Lits editions.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                Since Yang Dong-geun DNP due to injury, only Park Chan-hee, Yang Hee-jong, Oh Se-keun and Lee Jong-kyu (then a high school player) played in 2011 Asian Championship. The rest, with the exception of #14 Lee Seung-jun aka Eric Sandrin, are young players, many rookies.

Blame Philippines for collapsing at the 3rd place game last year, they probably could have sent a more competitive team with a 6'11'' African-American player Marcus Douthit instead of being shredded into pieces in the paint like Korea. At the very least, this thread would have 20 pages at this point instead of just 2.
                right sir but would be same result although we might entertain some people with some of our gurads making layups over Mozgov's
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

They want to be out in the OQF Philippines just want it more bad hehehehe..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
                    and I think ya'll taking him out of context. I think he is right. Those Yao teams could beat this Greek and Lits editions.
                    Comon how could they beat,if they were loosing with yao 20+ almost everytime? I cant say real record Yao chinas against european teams,but it would be somthing lik 2-10... do you really believe that greece and lithuanias teams in 2012 is so weaker than lets say they were in 2008 that they even lose to china this year?
                    dont see that happening...4european teams + 3 american teams will fight for those 3 spots,assian and africa dont have a chance to qualife...The level diference between europe+ and americas is too big for other continents atleats in 2012...

Comment

very boring game

Korea is pathetic

and this Russia team knows play basketball but is terrible to watch

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
                        They could upset them once in a blue moon.

Comment

http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?id=4606&lang=en

Comment

Korea will win!

Comment

Highlights: All Russia except Kim Jong-Kyu's high arc bank shot.

Sacramento Kings
                              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by Olympiacos View Post
                                They could upset them once in a blue moon.
                                ur opinions vs my opinion
                                of course its just an hypothetical matchup, hopefully u get what we really meant.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information