Singaporean Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singaporean Basketball

Updates, News, Rosters and Highlights about Singapore National Senior Basketball team, Singapore Slingers, u-18 and u-16 teams is here on this thread. pls post guys for your Updates thank you!
    sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Current Singapore Mens Senior Team Lineup

F 04 Lim, Wai Sian 22 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
    PG 05 Wong, Wei Long 23 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)
    G/F 06 Ng, Hanbin 22 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)
    G/F 07 Wu, Qingde 19 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)
    G 08 Oh, Desmond 25 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)
    SG 09 Koh, Gary Kok Siang 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
    SG 10 Koh, Meng Koon 33 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
    G 11 Wong, Michael Soon Yuh 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
    F 12 Lim, Sheng Yu 20 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
    F/C 13 Khoo, Steven (C) 26 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
    C 14 Goh, Delvin Kok Chiang 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)
    C 15 Matialakan, Pathman 31 2.02 m (6 ft 8 in)

Comment

FNA201262722112.JPG

8TH U-18 SEABA CHAMPIONSHIPS
      (Singapore, SINGAPORE)

SINGAPORE 123 vs LAOS 19
      SINGAPORE 43 vs INDONESIA 54
      SINGAPORE vs PHILIPPINES
      SINGAPORE vs MALAYSIA

Comment

Basketball Association of Singapore has named Singapore Slingers head coach Neo Beng Siang as the head coach of the national team.

Interesting, the Slingers have seven national team players:

Delvin Goh
        Lim Sheng Yu
        Wong Wei Long
        Wu Qingde
        Ng Han Bin
        Damien Goh
        Desmond Oh

So those names may as well form the core of the Singaporean NT.

Neo Beng Siang coached Singapore's basketball team in the 2011 SEA Games.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

According to NT captain Desmond Oh, Singapore is aiming for GOLD in the 2015 SEA Games... Which is a tall order as the Philippines are guaranteed gold all the time. Silver is not a wild fantasy though.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

2013 SEA GAMES-BRONZE MEDAL

Almost beat RP with Marcus Douthit

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
              Current Singapore Mens Senior Team Lineup

F 04 Lim, Wai Sian 22 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
              PG 05 Wong, Wei Long 23 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)
              G/F 06 Ng, Hanbin 22 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)
              G/F 07 Wu, Qingde 19 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)
              G 08 Oh, Desmond 25 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)
              SG 09 Koh, Gary Kok Siang 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
              SG 10 Koh, Meng Koon 33 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
              G 11 Wong, Michael Soon Yuh 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
              F 12 Lim, Sheng Yu 20 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
              F/C 13 Khoo, Steven (C) 26 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
              C 14 Goh, Delvin Kok Chiang 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)
              C 15 Matialakan, Pathman 31 2.02 m (6 ft 8 in)
              To be honest, ive seen and played with some of those guys on that list. They are not the best players in Singapore. The best players don't even play for the national team because in Singapore people would rather go be doctor/lawyer etc rather then dedicate so much time playing ball.

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                To be honest, ive seen and played with some of those guys on that list. They are not the best players in Singapore. The best players don't even play for the national team because in Singapore people would rather go be doctor/lawyer etc rather then dedicate so much time playing ball.
                really

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                  really
                  Yes, really. Don't really want to point out names. But one of the guys above, we played a 4 on 4 halfcourt game and our team won.
                  He didn't really stand out much to be honest. But he had a weak team so probably can't judge much.

Comment

Yes, really. Don't really want to point out names. But one of the guys above, we played a 4 on 4 halfcourt game and our team won.
                    He didn't really stand out much to be honest. But he had a weak team so probably can't judge much.
                    do you know if BAS has already held a tryout for the upcomming SEABA U18 Championship on May at Malaysia?
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

who are those you have played with? where do you usually play?
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        who are those you have played with? where do you usually play?
                        Like I said, probably better not to say. I am below their level, but these guys are beatable (They are not NBA players afterall). I really think there are players with "Individual skills" who are better then the national team players. Keep in mind, Singapore does not has a professional league unlike other countries (Unless you count Singapore Slingers with a few Singaporeans who mostly play garbage time), so there isn't any incentive for talented players to play pro basketball. The ones in the national team are probably still very good players, but mostly they have commitment for the national training etc. If you think about it in this manner, you can see why there may be better players who do not play for the national team. To give you an analogy, imagine if America does not have the NBA or any pro leagues. Then maybe Lebron James or Kevin Durant won't play for the national team (because there's no $$ involved), and they go do something else.

Comment

Like I said, probably better not to say. I am below their level, but these guys are beatable (They are not NBA players afterall). I really think there are players with "Individual skills" who are better then the national team players. Keep in mind, Singapore does not has a professional league unlike other countries (Unless you count Singapore Slingers with a few Singaporeans who mostly play garbage time), so there isn't any incentive for talented players to play pro basketball. The ones in the national team are probably still very good players, but mostly they have commitment for the national training etc. If you think about it in this manner, you can see why there may be better players who do not play for the national team. To give you an analogy, imagine if America does not have the NBA or any pro leagues. Then maybe Lebron James or Kevin Durant won't play for the national team (because there's no $$ involved), and they go do something else.
                          why not name them? i just want to know who you played up against. and where do you play. perhaps me and my friends can play pick up games with you and other slingers.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                            why not name them? i just want to know who you played up against. and where do you play. perhaps me and my friends can play pick up games with you and other slingers.
                            I don't play often with them, in fact only a few times, so I do not know where they play regularly and I do not have their contacts. If you want to play with me and my friends though, sure just pm me or something for a contact. You from the philippines? if you want to play against other pinoys, try the Mountbatten CC court, there is a large pinoy community over there.

Comment

I don't play often with them, in fact only a few times, so I do not know where they play regularly and I do not have their contacts. If you want to play with me and my friends though, sure just pm me or something for a contact. You from the philippines? if you want to play against other pinoys, try the Mountbatten CC court, there is a large pinoy community over there.
                              PM me your name, location and the time you usually play. i'll tell my friends about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information