Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caner Medley very bad from physical stand point?

Now i have heard everything.
    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Olympiacos View Post
      Caner-Medley has all the skills of a classic European power forward, and to be one of the best, but he is very bad from a physical standpoint. He is small for a power forward and he has almost no athletic ability. He's not even in very good physical shape, simply because his athletic level is low.

So that's why he does not command top money in Euroleague clubs. He is something like Savanovic, but less athletic, and not as good of a shooter.
      Very strange thing you wrote, to say the least. If you would say that he lacks some physical power, I would agree. But Caner-Medley - not athletic enough? That's just laughable. Have you ever seen him play? See his highlights: his dunks, his blocks... He's one of the best athletes for his position. Savanovic has nothing going on his leaping ability, his quickness. He's also very good shooter. I saw him in the Eurocup final, where he posted amazing 38 points of PIR, with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
      11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

• Originally posted by frodoborg View Post
        Very strange thing you wrote, to say the least. If you would say that he lacks some physical power, I would agree. But Caner-Medley - not athletic enough? That's just laughable. Have you ever seen him play? See his highlights: his dunks, his blocks... He's one of the best athletes for his position. Savanovic has nothing going on his leaping ability, his quickness. He's also very good shooter. I saw him in the Eurocup final, where he posted amazing 38 points of PIR, with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
        Since when does vertical leap or dunk highlights equate to athletic ability? James White is the greatest dunker and highlight maker of history and yet he's barely even athletic enough to move laterally and he's playing like in slow motion.

Stromile Swift was one of the sickest dunkers of NBA history and yet he could barely even have the athletic mobility to even attempt to play defense.

Athletic ability and physical quality is not about vertical leap. It is about what you can do all around physically and athletically. Caner-Medley is very low on that. He is physical and aggressive, but he is undersized and he has bad athletic ability.

Vertical jump is not the measure of athletic ability.

Comment

I am glad to get him, instead of Bramos. I think Panathinaikos made a mistake there. I like Giankovits better.
          I ll w8 a bit for Bramos to see If he shows any kind of progress in this year with pao.Right now he does not deserve a place in Pao roster.
          Jankovic is from the same generation of Greece ,with guys like Papanikolaou,Mantzaris,Sloukas who won everything in the teenage international tournaments.We ve watching him for years in Panionios and he is a sure thing.
          Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Psofimis View Post
            I ll w8 a bit for Bramos to see If he shows any kind of progress in this year with pao.Right now he does not deserve a place in Pao roster.
            Jankovic is from the same generation of Greece ,with guys like Papanikolaou,Mantzaris,Sloukas who won everything in the teenage international tournaments.We ve watching him for years in Panionios and he is a sure thing.
            Yes, I really like how he can attack the basket from the perimeter and he is a big small forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darihno 5150 View Post
              What the status of Maric?Is he even usefull anymore?
              No...

Comment

Since when does vertical leap or dunk highlights equate to athletic ability? James White is the greatest dunker and highlight maker of history and yet he's barely even athletic enough to move laterally and he's playing like in slow motion.

Stromile Swift was one of the sickest dunkers of NBA history and yet he could barely even have the athletic mobility to even attempt to play defense.

Athletic ability and physical quality is not about vertical leap. It is about what you can do all around physically and athletically. Caner-Medley is very low on that. He is physical and aggressive, but he is undersized and he has bad athletic ability.

Vertical jump is not the measure of athletic ability.
                Have you ever heard of Combine360?

Athleticism:

The following tests measure nine athletic elements common across most sports including power, speed, strength, endurance, and flexibility.

Power - Linear

Broad Jump: Tests the ability to accelerate the body forward from a standstill.
                Power - Upper body

Medball Seated: Isolates the power generated in the upper body.
                Power - Lower body

Vertical Jump: Tests the ability to elevate the body upwards from a standstill.
                Agility

5-10-5: Tests lateral speed and change of direction.
                Acceleration

10 Yard Sprint: Measures explosiveness from a standing start to 10 yards.
                Speed

20 Yard Sprint: Tests acceleration and speed.
                Strength

Grip Test: Isolates forearm and hand strength.
                Conditioning

300 Yard Shuttle: Standardized measure of physical conditioning, including straight line and change of direction.
                Flexibility

Sit and Reach: Standardized measure of flexibility of hamstrings and lower back by reaching past the feet.
                11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

• Originally posted by Psofimis View Post
                  Vlado Jankovic for 3 years to Olympiakos

says who?
                  https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Originally posted by kukulas View Post
                    says who?
                    Yep, Oly still have no coach even...

Is that Anthony Grundy to PAO rumour legit?

Comment

• The transfer is completed.It isn't official yet because Jankovic has some law issues with Panionios board.He had made a surgery in the past without their consent something like that.He ll play at Sef this year.
                      Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                        Yep, Oly still have no coach even...

Is that Anthony Grundy to PAO rumour legit?
                        It is obvious that they are hiring Bartzokas. He used to coach Spanoulis and Printezis, and Olympiacos is targeting Panionios players that he coached like Giankovits and Kavvadas to sign, and also Mavroeidis, who played under him at Maroussi.

It could not be any more obvious that Barztokas is the new Olympiacos coach.

Just about every free agent target and player they want to re-sign or keep, was coached by him in the past. Is this a mere coincidence?

If PAO wants to sign a cheap combo guard, I think they should look to Batis, instead of Grundy. I have never understood why Batis could not get into a bigger club.

He would be a perfect sub for Diamantidis, and he could replace what Calathes did.

Comment

It is obvious that they are hiring Bartzokas. He used to coach Spanoulis and Printezis, and Olympiacos is targeting Panionios players that he coached like Giankovits and Kavvadas to sign, and also Mavroeidis, who played under him at Maroussi.

It could not be any more obvious that Barztokas is the new Olympiacos coach.

Just about every free agent target and player they want to re-sign or keep, was coached by him in the past. Is this a mere coincidence?

If PAO wants to sign a cheap combo guard, I think they should look to Batis, instead of Grundy. I have never understood why Batis could not get into a bigger club.

He would be a perfect sub for Diamantidis, and he could replace what Calathes did.
                          At least Pao can get Gianopoulos. I also hope we'll go for Pappas.
                          PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                            At least Pao can get Gianopoulos. I also hope we'll go for Pappas.
                            With Bramos signed, I don't see the playing time for either of them to be enticed to sign there. But maybe they will. Anyway, if they want someone like Giannopoulos, surely it is much smarter to go after Vasileiadis instead. I would rather have Charalampidis than Giannopoulos.

Comment

• Rumours say Stipcevic close to EA7
                              EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Real interested in Gustavo Ayon (various outlets on the net).
                                He has a three-year contract running with New Orleans but they have to pick up the option by Mid-July otherwise he's a FA.

I from Wisconsin!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information