Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is basketball the first or the second popular sport in Lebanon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is basketball the first or the second popular sport in Lebanon?

In most coutries in the world, football is the most popular sport. IningChina,bastketbll is become the most popular sport. I found Lebanon has a lot of basketball fans and good league, much better than other Arab countries. So i want to know weather basketball is the first or the second popular sport in Lebanon?

Originally posted by yuanqiuchiren View Post
    In most coutries in the world, football is the most popular sport. IningChina,bastketbll is become the most popular sport. I found Lebanon has a lot of basketball fans and good league, much better than other Arab countries. So i want to know weather basketball is the first or the second popular sport in Lebanon?
    its definitely the Number one sports in Lebanon .
    Financial, Fans' wise and even Level wise, Basketball is the most Popular .

Comment

Originally posted by yuanqiuchiren View Post
      Ever since the late 90's I can say that basketball became the number 1 sport in Lebanon especially after Riyadi and Sagesse (Lebanese teams) reached the final stages of the Asian Championship for clubs... Sagesse won in 1998 against Liaoning from China that year in the final and got to participate in the McDonald's World Championships for teams... And from there our NT kept improving and was able to qualify to the World Championships in Indianapolis (U.S) in 2002.

If you look at the whole Asian continent, basketball is the most popular in Philippines followed by Lebanon and China....Oh and also Taiwan/Chinese Taipei as well.
      And mind you Lebanon has a population of less than 5 million...

And if you would like to see other threads that talked about popularity of basketball worldwide you can check the below threads out:

Last edited by Khalid80; 06-15-2012, 07:13 AM.

Comment

If you wanna compare the population behind the game then Football always dominate since football stadiums generally are bigger than basketball courts. BUT if you're comparing the level and the investments of the business men then Basketball definitely is the number one sport game in Lebanon.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information