Asghar Kardoust
    Rouzbeh Arghavan
    Farid Aslani
    Mohammad Jamshidi
    Mohammad Zare'ei
    Younes Lalehzadeh
    Meisam Mirzaei
    Amir Seddighi

They have 3 more players in the camp from the junior team (Yakhchali, Mashayekhi and Forootan)
    Lalehzadeh, Zareei and Mirzaei are out ! 3 junior team members in !

Final Roster (official)

Samad Nikkhah
    Hamed Afagh
    Aren Davoudi
    Oshin Sahakian
    Asghar Kardoust
    Rouzbeh Arghavan
    Farid Aslani
    Mohammad Jamshidi
    Amir Seddighi
    Sajjad Mashayekhi
    Saleh Foroutan
    Behnam Yakhchali

I think it's tooo early for these kids to play in senior team. I know FIBA Asia Cup isn't really important and it's really good to have some young players in the squad but they are too young ! they won't help Iran NT next year. One day for sure, but not at this young age, not in 2013. even Seddighi is still too young. Actually this is a 8 man team. even Aslani and Jamshidi are playing their first year with the national team. (even though they both deserve it)

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post

Final Roster (official)

Samad Nikkhah
      Hamed Afagh
      Aren Davoudi
      Oshin Sahakian
      Asghar Kardoust
      Rouzbeh Arghavan
      Farid Aslani
      Mohammad Jamshidi
      Amir Seddighi
      Sajjad Mashayekhi
      Saleh Foroutan
      Behnam Yakhchali

I think it's tooo early for these kids to play in senior team. I know FIBA Asia Cup isn't really important and it's really good to have some young players in the squad but they are too young ! they won't help Iran NT next year. One day for sure, but not at this young age, not in 2013. even Seddighi is still too young. Actually this is a 8 man team. even Aslani and Jamshidi are playing their first year with the national team. (even though they both deserve it)
      I think its for the better...(you are 9 man strong already for 2013)

But at least 3 would be not strong enough to help iran in 2015
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Salam Mohsen! haven't been following the league and players as closely as I should have, how could we go to Japan without any Shirazi on the roster
        what happened to Hasanzadeh and Shirjang? do they have military service issues or are they not doing a good job?
        it is actually a bit disappointing that there are no players on the roster from the 2008 U-18 Asian champion team as far as I can tell!

Final Roster (official)

Samad Nikkhah
        Hamed Afagh
        Aren Davoudi
        Oshin Sahakian
        Asghar Kardoust
        Rouzbeh Arghavan
        Farid Aslani
        Mohammad Jamshidi
        Amir Seddighi
        Sajjad Mashayekhi
        Saleh Foroutan
        Behnam Yakhchali

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
          Salam Mohsen! haven't been following the league and players as closely as I should have, how could we go to Japan without any Shirazi on the roster
          what happened to Hasanzadeh and Shirjang? do they have military service issues or are they not doing a good job?
          it is actually a bit disappointing that there are no players on the roster from the 2008 U-18 Asian champion team as far as I can tell!
          Salam

We already discussed about Hassanzadeh, technically he deserved to be in this team. I have no idea about Shirjang. he wasn't very good this year but they should invite him at least for the first camp but they didn't !

good point, but we have one player from that team (M. Jamshidi) but where is the rest ? some of them wasted their time on Zob Ahan's bench (Amjad, Salmani, Honarmand, Zare) and I know Farman and Derboghosian are living in the states. unfortunately from that team only Jamshidi, Shirjang and Hassanzadeh played regularly in the Super League.

Comment

Amjad and Salmani both played well in 2008 if I remember correctly. too bad we are not hearing more from them at the National level.
            I just dug out some information on Farbod Farman and Sooren Derboghosian, they are both playing in NJCAA and not NCAA and as far as stats are concerned, they both are not putting big numbers on the board, unless I missed something. Sooren plays for Glendale community college and I was surprised to see Zorik Isajanian in the coaching staff! he's the special assistant coach on the team.
            http://glendale.edu/modules/ShowDocu...cumentid=12942
            http://wp.missouristate.edu/Grizzly/bb/FarbodFarman.htm

Salam

We already discussed about Hassanzadeh, technically he deserved to be in this team. I have no idea about Shirjang. he wasn't very good this year but they should invite him at least for the first camp but they didn't !

good point, but we have one player from that team (M. Jamshidi) but where is the rest ? some of them wasted their time on Zob Ahan's bench (Amjad, Salmani, Honarmand, Zare) and I know Farman and Derboghosian are living in the states. unfortunately from that team only Jamshidi, Shirjang and Hassanzadeh played regularly in the Super League.

Comment

Kamrani and Nabipour are injured, Veisi withdrew from the team. but where is Davari ? also why they didn't invite Hassanzadeh ! (injury ?) even Davarpanah
              Kamrani is not injured, according to himself, he just took a break from the national team this summer.

Comment

Iran beat Qatar in overtime today. first half was one of our worst ever match and Qatar had 19pts advantage but they improved big time in second half and won the game. they could win the game in regular time but youngster Saleh Foroutan missed a very easy basket in last minute (he went for a dunk and missed it) which helped Qatar to came back to the game and tied the game in very last second.

Aren Davoudi is injured and at least he will miss the preliminary round ! without him, Kamrani, Davari and Veisi we had to play with Farid Aslani as starting PG ! he was terrible in first half, Becirovic even used Mashayekhi for some minutes and he was bad too (no surprise, he is too young) Aslani played much better in second half. same goes to Jamshidi and Arghavan. but still Samad and Afagh saved the game for Iran. Oshin got in foul trouble early which forced Becirovic to use Foroutan for 10 minutes !

PS: "Shabake Varzesh" broadcasts all Iran matches but It's almost torture to watch game with Abolhassani as commentator ! he said stupid things for whole 45 minutes ! he said a lot of nonsense about Becirovic and how bad he is ! (stupid ! too early to judge him) and for 30 minutes he was saying "Where is Aren ? Why he is not playing ?" finally the other guy in studio told him about Aren's injury ! and again for 5 minutes he was blaming Becirovic for playing Foroutan in crucial minutes ! (he had no other choice since Oshin was fouled out and he didn't want to play with 2 centers)
                Last edited by mohsena2631; 09-16-2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Iran beat Qatar in overtime today. first half was one of our worst ever match and Qatar had 19pts advantage but they improved big time in second half and won the game. they could win the game in regular time but youngster Saleh Foroutan missed a very easy basket in last minute (he went for a dunk and missed it) which helped Qatar to came back to the game and tied the game in very last second.

Aren Davoudi is injured and at least he will miss the preliminary round ! without him, Kamrani, Davari and Veisi we had to play with Farid Aslani as starting PG ! he was terrible in first half, Becirovic even used Mashayekhi for some minutes and he was bad too (no surprise, he is too young) Aslani played much better in second half. same goes to Jamshidi and Arghavan. but still Samad and Afagh saved the game for Iran. Oshin got in foul trouble early which forced Becirovic to use Foroutan for 10 minutes !

PS: "Shabake Varzesh" broadcasts all Iran matches but It's almost torture to watch game with Abolhassani as commentator ! he said stupid things for whole 45 minutes ! he said a lot of nonsense about Becirovic and how bad he is ! (stupid ! too early to judge him) and for 30 minutes he was saying "Where is Aren ? Why he is not playing ?" finally the other guy in studio told him about Aren's injury ! and again for 5 minutes he was blaming Becirovic for playing Foroutan in crucial minutes ! (he had no other choice since Oshin was fouled out and he didn't want to play with 2 centers)
                  I think today's game for Iran was a good game for their youngsters to gain experience like Saleh Foroutannik, Sajjad Mashayekhi, Behnam Yakhchali and Amir Sedighi.

If Saleh hadn't missed that dunk I don't think the game would have went into OT and the Iranian team would have won by the end of regulation... Anyways it's great to see them being able to come back from that 19 point deficit after half time against a veteran old Qatari team.
                  Last edited by Khalid80; 09-16-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Is it true that Iran was warned during the half-time break that they should play their real game?
                    They call me THE HERO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
                      Is it true that Iran was warned during the half-time break that they should play their real game?
                      WTF ?! Who says that ? what's the source ? One must be truly stupid to say such a thing ! yeah Coach probably warned his players to play better.

Half of the team are new, coach is new and unfamiliar with Asian Basketball (where every single touch is a foul). They played bad in first half (after playing bad against India in first game) but when Qataris got tired they played better in second half, as simple as that. Things like this happens everyday.

Comment

Pathetic game overall...

I'm starting to get more and more nervous about the post Haddadi era. He is so damn dominant down there for the team.

Comment

didn't enjoy watching this game. Once again Samad bailed them out, Jamshidi had some good moments, Oshin and Afagh didn't play well especially Oshin (Afagh became the Afagh we know towards the end). the youngsters didn't impress, although one shouldn't expect much from them. Mashayekhi probably had a better game than Foroutan,he looked a bit intimidated. I missed the moments Yakhchali was playing. Hope they get more playing time to boost their confidence. they should have also brought Dalirzahan in my opinion. It looked like they were trying to get the Qataris off-guard and score in transition and take advantage of the fact that they were a bit slow. Arghavan also didn't have a good first half but played better in the second, it was interesting that Becirovic decided to go with Arghavan and not Kardoust for C during the last minutes of the last quarter.
                          from now on I guess Asian teams are going to take this tournament more seriously now that the name has changed to Asia Cup.

Comment

again the same scenario ! bad first half, good second half.

Davoudi played in second half and probably he was the main reason for the win, (even though he was limping !) and looks like Becirovic prefer Arghavan over Kardoust !

Comment

Kardoust looks slow with the running game...
                              Last edited by reamily; 09-17-2012, 01:13 PM.
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I like Kardoust, most of the time he’s a reliable player and finds his way to the basket and a solid defender for most part, he’s not as mobile as Haddadi(or Arghavan), but you can still count on him most of the time, he’s also a great FT shooter (better than a lot of our F & Gs ) and that’s a great asset for a C player, which go to the line more frequently. But, he also loses focus and complains to the refs a lot and that hasn’t changed in the last few years, I think this was what made Becirovic furious in the first half, at some point he didn’t score, started complaining to the refs, didn’t get back on time and CT scored in transition, Becirovic got a time out slammed his clipboard on the ground and started lecturing Kardoust very loudly we didn’t see a whole lot of Kardoust from that point on.
                                Arghavan also has the potential in my opinion, I can see him getting better with experience and this is a good place for him to gain that experience. He should work on his screen setups, he starts walking to block the defender and 1 or 2 of his fouls in each game come from moving screens.
                                At some point in the first game Becirovic was experimenting with Kardoust and Arghavan being on the field at the same time, that was when Oshin wasn’t having a good game, but eventually decided to stick with just one of them on the field. If Oshin gets into foul trouble and we are playing a large and slow team (not JP or PH) we might see that again.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information