No announcement yet.

Aaron "Air" Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon commits to Arizona, announcement made at the McDonald's All American media day.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
      Gordon commits to Arizona, announcement made at the McDonald's All American media day.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/OSBRCtP...to-arizona.htm
      This is an absolute game changer for Arizona. I think this propels them into a top 5 ranking along with being expected to win the Pac-12 next year. He is my pick for Pac-12 player of the year for next year.

Also, rumors are that he chose Arizona because he believes (or has been told) that he needs to become a SF to have a long NBA career since he is a bit undersized to play PF in the NBA. At virtually every other school he would have been expected to be a post player but at Arizona with the logjam of big men then have, they can start him at the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
        This is an absolute game changer for Arizona. I think this propels them into a top 5 ranking along with being expected to win the Pac-12 next year. He is my pick for Pac-12 player of the year for next year.

Also, rumors are that he chose Arizona because he believes (or has been told) that he needs to become a SF to have a long NBA career since he is a bit undersized to play PF in the NBA. At virtually every other school he would have been expected to be a post player but at Arizona with the logjam of big men then have, they can start him at the 3.
        I personally would think he is more suitable to play the PF position cuz the guy is just a beast on defense and of course on offense as well... Even though he may a bit undersized but I think his athleticism would compensate for that. I hope he meshes well with the Wildcats and i'm looking forward to seeing him in action next season.

Comment

Down the line, I see Gordon evolving into a Shawn Marion type of player. A hybrid of an SF and PF. With the game becoming more upwardly mobile and NBA teams starting to see utility of going small, Gordon will see minutes as a PF and SF in college. What I would like him to improve is his instance reading on the defensive and offensive situation upon reciprocal of a pass in those isolation sequences.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            I personally would think he is more suitable to play the PF position cuz the guy is just a beast on defense and of course on offense as well... Even though he may a bit undersized but I think his athleticism would compensate for that. I hope he meshes well with the Wildcats and i'm looking forward to seeing him in action next season.
            I tend to agree. I don't think height is as important in the NBA these days as strength and quickness are. And with Gordon's motor, his overall speed and quickness and his great vertical, I think he makes up for the relative lack of height for a PF. Still, I wish he was just 2-3 inches taller and I think he would be considered 1A to Wiggin's #1 ranking for this class

Comment

Gordon named MVP at the McDonald's All-America game, after he led West team over East with 24 pts (on 9 dunks). Wiggins was high for East with 19 pts.

The anticipated showdown between Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins became a sidebar to Aaron Gordon's big night at the McDonald's All-American game.

The McDonald's All American Game went down tonight and with 25 of the nation's top players in action, the Twitterverse was set ablaze. Much like he did at the Hoophall Classic in January, No.

Comment

Aaron Gordon slamming it down in the U19 championship game.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Gordon said that he is cool in playing either SF or PF.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Good win by Arizona against Duke last night. That 20-5 run midway into the 2nd half gave Arizona the cushion to thwart end game heroics from Duke's talented players. Aaron Gordon did a good job in defending Jabari Parker. Late in the game, Gordon showed that he has range --- hitting a three and put his motor to work with a huge dunk.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Congratulations to Aaron Gordon for being named USAB Male Athlete of the Year!

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information