Eurocup Final 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hustlerlt View Post
    I personally think that he's a much bigger improvement over Trifunovic,who indeed was horrible.I just hope that the management next year will do a better job of completing this team,because I think Dzikic already did a pretty good job with a team with basically no depth.
    He is improvement over trifunovic but not much. His ratation sucks ass (Jonas plays too little and Samardjiski too much, and one of the main reasosn we won agaisnt Khimki was because Samardjiski got so many fouls early which forced Djikic to play Jonas and the front line of Katelynas/Roberts more. Otherwise he would have went with the very same set up with Samardjiski playing through mopst of second and fourth querters and opponents catching up with us during those periods.

Redikas is already better perimeter defender than Babrauskas and Rasic together. Why Djikic doesnt put more trust into him I dont know. Now he only gets PT only because Rice is injured. Otherwise he would not get second despite the fact that he usually plays better than Babrauskas.

Comment

I'll give my idea about Džikič. He deserves credit because the team is based and concentrated, good working spirit, collective spirit. At this point he made the same good job as Kurtinaitis. On the negative said, Džikič is not talented offensive coach and tends to tolerate amazingly bad job of guards and their horrible decision making. He can't create smart offensive sets, offence looks very limited and till this day Džikič couldn't manage hight quality passing culture. On defence, he tends to overdo with zone defence. Only because of that Žalgiris killed Rytas while Rytas' bigs dominated. IMO, Džikič would do better with NBA team than with European, he's a standart of NBA coach. So far he's the best coach after Kurtinaitis, but Kurtinaitis is still better than him, IMO.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

What coach would you like to replace Džikić ?

Comment

(Jonas plays too little and Samardjiski too much
          I see Lithuanians think same as us in Croatia mostley. Dzikic is one of long list of ex yugo coaches like Sagadin, Vujosevic, Anzulovic, Repesa etc. who rotate players like on factory track in so called 12 man equal strategy. All of them in my mind rotate players to much killng their tem and players momentum on ofense
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
            I see Lithuanians think same as us in Croatia mostley. Dzikic is one of long list of ex yugo coaches like Sagadin, Vujosevic, Anzulovic, Repesa etc. who rotate players like on factory track in so called 12 man equal strategy. All of them in my mind rotate players to much killng their tem and players momentum on ofense
            You nailed that one. I just can't understand the guy - why Samardjiski who looks god-awful after the injury has to play the same amount of time as Jonas, despite Jonas effectiveness being three or sometimes even more times higher than Predrag.

Samardjiski was actiually pretty good at the start of the season but now he is just too slow for D and O equally. The only thing he is good at right now is rebounding and even that element comes and goes.

But Djikic still insist on playing him even if that completely ruins the moment (opponents usually start catching up or blowing us up in the 2nd and 4th quarters as thats when Samardjiski play the heavy minutes).

In fact Djikic rotation is usually always the same talking about big men. Jonas plays 8 minutes in the first, then Predrag finishes the other 2 minutes and play all 10 minutes in the second. Then Jonas play all 10 minutes in the third and then Predrag plays 8 minutes in the fourth and Jonas coming in to finish the 2 minutes.

Similar structure goe for other positions too. The only reason he changes the rotation is because of injuries and fouls. So sometimes I am even praying that some of our players would collect fouls (mostly Samardjiski and Babrauskas and sometimes Rice) so that Djikic would be forced to change his rotation. How retarded is that...

Another thing is that Djikic allows our guards run wild making poor decisions and he rarely criticizes them (or maybe he does but the players completely ignore him due to lack of Djikic's authority). Djikic offense structure is very poor because of the lack of discipline.

Sometimes only Seibutis and Valanciunas great individual performances save our ass in the games we should have lost due to our coach being outcoached. Djikic has lots of troubles breaking oppoennts zone and ironically prefers to play zones himself but gets burned because of that (like Zalgiris front court is pretty poor so playing zone against them is very stupid decision but Djikic bit that and got his ass trashed around by Zalgiri's shooters.

Zone is generally bad idea for D as our perimeter d sucks (only Jomantas and Redikas are really good perimeter defenders while others are either mediocre like Seibutis or just terrible like Babrauskas or Rice). Of course its not so bad when opponents drive past the defender under the basket and meets there Jonas who is pretty effective at stopping all the drivers and still somewhat covering his own man, but it crumbles down completely when it is slow Samardjiski standing there.

Sjikic is still not the worst coach in Rytas. We had Trifunovic and others here after all, but he is not the best.

I don't agree with Straight Forward in this sense. I dont think Djikic is the second best coach after kurtinaitis as we had Spahija, Jonas Kazlauskas and a couple of others who in my opinion were way better than Djikic.

As for whom I would like to be a coach instead of Djikic. Unrealistically - Jonas Kazlauskas and Rimas kurtinaitis. Realistically - Tomas Pacesas, Regina (quite talented coach in NKL who is doing really well with the rebuilding Statyba, not to mention the coach who basically made Jonas Valanciunas into what he is now as his first coach), Gintaras Leonavicius (a really, really great coach who does incredible things with crappy teams) maybe even Kurauskas and (when he gets more experience though).
            Last edited by Darknemo2000; 04-23-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Basketball fan View Post
              What coach would you like to replace Džikić ?
              Kemzura or Pacesas.
              Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
              Rytas love ex yugo coaches:
              2002-2003 Jonas Kazlauskas
              2003-2004 Kęstutis Kemzūra
              2004-2005 Vlade Djurović
              2005–2005 Tomo Mahorič
              2005–2006 Neven Spahija
              2006–2006 Sharon Drucker
              2006–2007 Zmago Sagadin
              2007-2008 Aleksandr Trifunović
              2008–2008 Antanas Sireika
              2008–2010 Rimas Kurtinaitis
              2010–2010 Dražen Anzulović
              2010-2010 Roberts Štelmahers
              2010–2011 Aleksandar Trifunović
              2011 Darius Maskoliūnas
              2011–2012 Aleksandar Džikić
              Originally posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
              As for whom I would like to be a coach instead of Djikic. Unrealistically - Jonas Kazlauskas and Rimas kurtinaitis. Realistically - Tomas Pacesas, Regina (quite talented coach in NKL who is doing really well with the rebuilding Statyba, not to mention the coach who basically made Jonas Valanciunas into what he is now as his first coach), Gintaras Leonavicius (a really, really great coach who does incredible things with crappy teams) maybe even Kurauskas and (when he gets more experience though).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
                I don't agree with Straight Forward in this sense. I dont think Djikic is the second best coach after kurtinaitis as we had Spahija, Jonas Kazlauskas and a couple of others who in my opinion were way better than Djikic.
                What I meant was Džikič is the best after Kurtinaitis left. There was Anzulovič (total tragedy), Trifunovič and after him Maskoliūnas for the rest of the season. I don't think we should count Štelmaher as he spent too little time with Rytas.
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

@Cabbage_Juice, I dont see whats so funny about Regina and Kurauskas. Well ok, Kurauskas is more of a wild guess, but I like what he did with Neptunas.

Regina is solid coach, who knows how to use the players well. I don't think anyone expected Statyba to be NKL finalists but they are and having a good coach helped them a lot.

I don't like Kemzura myself. I think he is overrated because of the sucess two years ago but when you look at his career its not all that great. He had a lot of screw ups.

Leonavicius is one of those coaches who make you feel like he could be really good even on the higher level if he were placed on a higher level. so far he is pretty much performing miracles with crappy teams.

@Straight forward - then I agree with you. Since Kurtinaitis Djkic is the best coach, but that speaks not as much of his skills but rather of our crappy choice in coaches lately.

For me personally the worst coaches in Rytas uniform were Sharon Drucker and Drazhen Anzulovic. Mahoric wasn't good as well.

Comment

Hahaha... Djikic just managed to loose LKL semifinals game one against siauliai. Rytas was leading by 5 points but Djikic took Redikas out (who was the player causing Siauliai most problems with his pesky defense) let a pretty bad defender Rasic in and kept the horrible Babrauskas on caurt. It turned into a deadly combination. Rytas lost by 9 and because of Lithuanian NT the season is shortened meaning the next game in Vilnius will be final and Siaulia has a 9 point advantage.

Djikic might be the first coach in a long time to not push Rytas in the LKL finals. Incredible fatty is incredible.

Comment

yes..Incredible fatty is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information