Eurocup Final 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Go figure, maybe it was Planinic best clutch game just because he fouled out with 7 min to go. Dunno if Zoran deserved MVP : he was great @ first half, but wasn't there when the game was decided. Generally speaking it's a bad idea to collect votes for MVP @ the half.
    that's why i said it. i can almost see scenario when zoran makes few stupid mistakes at end
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

It's over.

Kinda ironic that a cherry on the Khimki Eurocup cake was a game deciding non-call on Pietrus
      Game deciding? With -5 at the current moment (if I'm not mistaken) and having in mind Florent's free-throw accuracy? There was a foul by Gelabale though, it's true.
      Maybe refs have shown some slight sympathy for Khimki but that wasn't something that decided the outcome of the game. We must get rid off Planinic (he clearly degrades last years and is a shade of former self with overabundance of selfish egoistic plays, most of them back to basket, and no wit and court vision whatsoever, by the way, Stefan Markovic or even young Jayson Granger would be the reasonable substitute for him) and Kurtinaitis (ASAP, this bastard could cost us a place in EL for next season with extreme choking and brainless coaching decisions in the semis as he already did in this year's EL qualifiers). Still a huge win for our team and city. Small restaurant (far away from the basketball centre) where I went with my friends after the game was half-full of people with club symbolics and words like 'Fridzon' and 'De Colo' weren't less frequent there than 'beer' and 'salad caesar' this evening I was happy to see such massive and passionate crowd from both foreign participants in this F4. Though it was a great surprise for me that more than the half of the Spaniards didn't talk even rudimentary English.
      It's a first important title in our club's history! Khimki celebrate it tonight
      P.S. Valencia is a great team with deep bench and I wish them good luck in ACB.
      2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
        Game deciding? With -5 at the current moment (if I'm not mistaken) and having in mind Florent's free-throw accuracy? There was a foul by Gelabale though, it's true.
        Yep clear cut game deciding. -5 with less then 1 min to go, so if Pietrus scores both FTs it's -3 : one possession game . Don't forget that non call was converted into Khimki fast break with easy dunk : -7 instead of possible -3.

What i say is "let the players decide the game!"(c).

Actually this accident ruined Khimki triumph as well: instead of clear cut win & celebrations, they've got a controversy with technicals & Perasovic rant in his post game interview :

I think we had our opportunity until the last minutes. And the moment when we lost our opportunity is when it was 66-66 and we missed a three-pointer and our opponent scored. After that moment, we didn't have much more options. When we missed a three-pointer with 2 minutes left, after that the refs hurt us. I don't understand how what happened in the last 2 minutes can happen, but it's something we had better not talk about
        Last edited by Billy Bounce; 04-16-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
          that's why i said it. i can almost see scenario when Zoran makes few stupid mistakes at end
          Anyway , no sin - no confession . Maybe he's finally found his "balls" . Does he play NT this summer ?

Comment

Anyway , no sin - no confession . Maybe he's finally found his "balls" . Does he play NT this summer ?
            Don't know?
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Just for stat freaks like me

The best player ( semis, final, 3-rd place) - Sebuitis( by PPG) , Caner-Mendley ( by ranking), Fridzon ( +/-)

The clutchiest player seems to be Fridzon 2/3 threes , 5 rebounds, block ( this one decided Khimki-Spartak semis ) .

My personal opinion Fridzon should be MVP. No offense to any Planinic fans here.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                it's no coincidence that spanish teams are usually doing so well in ULEB competition - they are basically untouchable and any kind of contact is whistled agaisnt their poor opponents. And it's not even excuse making, since Spain NT and clubs always benefitted from such refereeing and always were in the centre of controversy when playing against tough physical squads like Greece for example. Some teams are used to such pussy refereeing standards, while others need whole game to adjust and when they do it's too late already...
                Originally posted by Shawshank
                You see lithuanian basketball schooll play and stood like a man.Spanish school is too play and fall around couple times on the ground like girl.I have heard a rumour that fiba are trying to make a new very important rule in this years olimpics: every time teams player will stand to close to gasol and navarro is a faul...

I want to ask spanish fans: is it true that in your schools before you can play profesionaly footbal,basketball and other team sports,firstly you have to have go through acting,floping school and make the examines in how to "fall like dead" ? ;D I just love when in footbal barcelona meets real,what a match,what a football for 20-25minutes and what acting melodrama for other 65-70minutes,just loved watching every time with my popcurns .I feel that next year in oscar ceremony film real vs barcelona gonna win in best foreign film category.What performances from both sides,even deniro and brando wuold be proud
                now you have to say anything about our economy just to fill in the xenophobic-consparanoid pack. This is the new forum policy, great
                you have to be blind to say that spain wins because of refs. Definitely, it´s a good method to use refs to accept your team lost, maybe it´s also healthy. You are a man, spanish are just pussys, what the fuck are you doing crying like little babies about refs calls!!
                I suppose your girlfriend leave you for a spanish guy....

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
                  . We must get rid off Planinic (he clearly degrades last years and is a shade of former self with overabundance of selfish egoistic plays, most of them back to basket, and no wit and court vision whatsoever, by the way, Stefan Markovic or even young Jayson Granger would be the reasonable substitute for him) and Kurtinaitis.
                  As much as I don't like Planinic, as much as he is overrated, as much as he has crrapy atitude, as much as his body language, especialy on defense is poor and tells much about him, and as much is truth that for such money khimki can get better player one thing is sure. Planinic is not selfish neither was in this game. There is reason why kurtinaitis made play so he could gei isolated in low post, or recive ball in high post or in corner and let him play one on one. It's because he has clerly most talent in Khimki team to play one on one and create for him self and team. He was only option Valencia could not stop and forced Perasovic to atack him on 2nd half, wich I think was mistake as I don't think Planinic would play good in clutch time. In almost evrey atack withot him invold Khimki clerly had problems organise anything against high presure from Valencia. He is carles, stupid and to relaxed (I guess that could be relaxed) at times, but for sure he is not selfish
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                    Džikić is a damn talented coach, I can't really understand he is getting all the blame, while the team's owner can do as many irrational moves as he'd like and that's still considered as a no factor. No need for anyone to get defensive on me as I don't care about your Rytas - Žalgiris mocking, just saying what majority of people aware of the subject thinks for themselves
                    Dzigic is a basketball retard when it comes to the zones. He always. ALWAYS gets killed by zone. Be it Zalgiris or fucking Kedeniai nevezis. Just put a zone and Dzikic will fail.

He is also pretty stupid when it comes to rotating players. Redikas vcan play for 15 minutes easily and he has much better defensive game than Babrauskas but the fatty refuses to play that even though all the perimeter defense usually collapses when Babrauskas is on court.

Same goes with Dzigic keeping Samardjiski too long on the court. I can understand that when Jonas has too many fouls but when not he has to bve stupid to not see that he holds Jona stoo long on the bench and as result opponents almost always make those tough runs against us in the fourth quarter (Samardjiski plays 7-8 minutes in the fourth and Jonas is let in to finish the 1-2 minutes).

Dzikic already showed his potential with Serbian U-NT and he is showing the very same potential with Rytas.

Really my only dream is that Dzikic would GTFO the team for good. Kurtinaitis may be too good for us, but I would rather try Kurauskas at this point than watch the fatty allowing the Rice to do anything on court and pathetically fail against zone defense yet again.

Originally posted by Basketball fan View Post
                    You are 3rd in Eurocup and you are talking aboute how bad your team is ? If Džikić was bad coach he wouldnt won Eurochallenge , be in ABA league F4 with Krka and you wouldnt reach Eurocup F4 . Rašić was one of the best Partizan player two years ago when Partizan reached Euroleague F4 , he is one of the best players in Serbian NT that was second in Europe and 4 in world but he isnt good for you . Valencia is a better team and you cant blame players and coach for lossing against better opponent .
                    Rasic was good with a proper coach. But with Dzigic he turns into pack of sucking mess. Have you seen Rasic play lately? Like really, actually seen it? He usually sucks and I know that he is actually one of the better players around but somehow Dzikic system seems to take the worst out of him.

Rasic always fails. He makes too slow entry pass, he makes too high perimeter step-out, he makes too horribly predictive drive down the baseline, he takes all the wrong positions when fighting agaisnt the half-court press... all those plays that I havent seen from Rasic in NT are there in Rytas.

And I think the reason for that is not the player, who actually proved to be very good, but the coach who just seems to not be able to bring out the best in his players and seems to have no authority allowing chuckers like Rice or ball-hogs like Seibutis do anything they want on the court.
                    Last edited by Darknemo2000; 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

sure, sure... I understand Rytas fans were overheating this season, but It is pretty likely you will have to read those opinions once again within few years, when someone would quote them and those are likely to sound a bit silly than I believe anyway, let us wait and see...
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

sure, sure... I understand Rytas fans were overheating this season, but It is pretty likely you will have to read those opinions once again within few years, when someone would quote them and those are likely to sound a bit silly than I believe anyway, let us wait and see...
                        Today Dzikic cost us the game against Khimki (maybe not winning but at least tensed ending without much difference), we were able to cut down their lead to 7 with solid D but then Dzikic let the Samardjiski back in and that was the end. No control of dense and he kept persistently playing Samardjiski (who isnt a bad player on O and reb, but is just god damn awful on D) despite Khimki increasing the lead rapidly.

Dzikic just do not react to situation on court at all. Since he decided in his brainless head that Jonas needs to be substituted at the end of the third (Jonas could nothave been tired as he sat out through most of the first half due to two quick fouls) and kept on the bench through the most of the fourth - he will do just that and it doesnt matter if the team is starting too loose and completely loose the initiative. The only reason that idiot changes the rotation is when injury or too much fouls happen. He just has zero ability to read the game and act according to situation. Thats not a good coach.

BTW he also struggled with zone today as always. Some thing just never changes, but maybe Kurtinaitis decided to not embarrass the fatty too much and did not play the zone for longer period.

Comment

Originally posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
                          Today Dzikic cost us the game against Khimki (maybe not winning but at least tensed ending without much difference), we were able to cut down their lead to 7 with solid D but then Dzikic let the Samardjiski back in and that was the end. No control of dense and he kept persistently playing Samardjiski (who isnt a bad player on O and reb, but is just god damn awful on D) despite Khimki increasing the lead rapidly.

Dzikic just do not react to situation on court at all. Since he decided in his brainless head that Jonas needs to be substituted at the end of the third (Jonas could nothave been tired as he sat out through most of the first half due to two quick fouls) and kept on the bench through the most of the fourth - he will do just that and it doesnt matter if the team is starting too loose and completely loose the initiative. The only reason that idiot changes the rotation is when injury or too much fouls happen. He just has zero ability to read the game and act according to situation. Thats not a good coach.

BTW he also struggled with zone today as always. Some thing just never changes, but maybe Kurtinaitis decided to not embarrass the fatty too much and did not play the zone for longer period.
                          I really don't get how foreign guys can claim this idiot is a good coach...
                          Did they watch a single Rytas game this season? How can any person, who is at least familiar with basketball, not see how pathetic he is? He already cost 5 or 6 crucial games for our team this season and I suspect this is not the end yet. If he is a "talented" coach, then he can GTFO and display his best qualities elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

But he is nice guy, something between Vlade Đurović and Tomo Mahoric or Sharon Drucker
                            sigpic

Comment

I personally lost any respect for Dzikic when after one LKL game journalists asked him why Redikas and Dambrauskas did not play despite the team leading by 25 at the half and winning by 47 in total. And Dzigic said "I don't know."

How the hell as a coach you can 'not know' why your own players are not playing the game and why you are tiring your main guys depiste the game being a blow-out? As a coach even if you make a mistake you need to at least have brains to cover it instead of saying "I don't know' because it makes one loose all trust in the coach as he looks like an idiot who has no idea what is happening with his own team.

Comment

I think most of the hate has to do for the fact,that the team plays some really bad matches from time to time.However it is not Dzikic's fault for that.I mean Rytas has a pretty good starting 5:
                                PG Rasic
                                SG Seibutis
                                SF Jomantas
                                PF Roberts
                                C Valanciunas
                                However the bench is pretty horrible.The only good players off the bench are Katelynas and Rice.Other than that everyone is either horrible or lacks experience.Babrauskas usually has 1-2 good games in the season and the rest are horrible.We don't have a 2nd SF,which is really bad,because Jomantas is a defensive player that usually doesn't score a lot of points.Jonas is being substituted by Samardziski,who's pretty bad,but at least he's better than Nalga.Dilys is not strong enough to play at the PF and isn't quick enough to play at the SF position.In addition to that he's probably the most selfish player on the team.Dambrauskas is only 20 years old,but I still don't know what he's doing on the team,because I just don't see him becoming a decent player.And finally we have Redikas,who's 19 years old,but already is one of our best perimeter defenders and has been improving pretty well.I think he has potential to become a pretty important player in a Euroleague,but for now he still struggles against better teams,although yesterday against Chimki he looked great.All in all as you can see it isn't the coaches fault that the team has a very short bench.I personally think that he's a much bigger improvement over Trifunovic,who indeed was horrible.I just hope that the management next year will do a better job of completing this team,because I think Dzikic already did a pretty good job with a team with basically no depth.
                                Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information