• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rytas is out of the game. Gj valencia
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
      Džikić is a damn talented coach,
      Then, please, take (roll?) him back to KRKA or some NCAA team. He is not capable of leading a higher level team. Maybe he will be a good coach, but he is not yet.

Comment

who are morons that work on eurosport? idiots turned game off and switched on football. Idiots
        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Rytas could do better, but overall Valencia is a better team. Congrats to them.

Our rising star has failed today. But i wouldn't blame him. It happens.

Comment

Congrats to Valencia for taking advantage of clueless refs and even more clueless Rytas team and good luck in the final. As for Rytas, I sincerely hope Dzikic won't be here next season - slovenians can take him, we won't mind

Comment

Well the better team won. Or a better coach. Babrauskas showed why he is the captain of Rytas once again. 0 talent, but hell of a worker, incredible fight and devotion. Too bad majority of others did not share that feeling.
              Valanciunas is still too young to lead a team in crucial games. Although he is usually useless (more or less) against physically stronger opponents.
              I was not a big fan of referees as well. They were not biased, subjective or whatever, just there was absolutely no contact allowed, every single touch was whistled, while Rytas plays a physical, athletic basketball. Nevertheless, it was up to Rytas to adapt, but they did not.
              Luck was also on valencia's side, we missed a lot of open shots, tripped or felt in some mystical cases..Valencia made 3 difficult shots during the Rytas' break in the 4th quarter over Samardzinski's hands or during the last seconds of shot clock. Even Newley had a great game for valnecia , despite being completely useless the last 2 years in Rytas.

Nevertheless, Valencia was better today, by far. They deserved to be in the final. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                Congrats to Valencia for taking advantage of clueless refs and even more clueless Rytas team and good luck in the final. As for Rytas, I sincerely hope Dzikic won't be here next season - slovenians can take him, we won't mind
                lol, well I believe at one point in the future, I'll be able to use this thread as an example, if you guys really insist
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I can defenetly agree there was some small help to Valencia from refs, but not crutial. Valecia had some dropouts, but they controled outcome from start to end. Rytas also had some bad luck with Rice injury as he is only guy who can break defense regulary. In finals Valencia could have some problems with spaceing

there will be no other semis on Eurosport. why this morons do basketball when they don't give damn about it
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Spartak was kicked from PBL playoffs a couple of days ago ( LOL at playoffs with only Top4 teams participating ), so they should be motivated as hell, it's their only chance left to win EL spot. Khimki can afford to lose .

From my own rather egoistic reasons I want Spartak to lose to bring Halperin back to Maccabi, but got a feeling it won't happen today.
                    Khimki has a long and decorated history of losing already won games.
                    Last edited by Billy Bounce; 04-14-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panco View Post
                      Then, please, take (roll?) him back to KRKA or some NCAA team. He is not capable of leading a higher level team. Maybe he will be a good coach, but he is not yet.
                      L. Rytas is not a higher level team..
                      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        I can defenetly agree there was some small help to Valencia from refs, but not crutial. Valecia had some dropouts, but they controled outcome from start to end. Rytas also had some bad luck with Rice injury as he is only guy who can break defense regulary. In finals Valencia could have some problems with spaceing

there will be no other semis on Eurosport. why this morons do basketball when they don't give damn about it
                        it's no coincidence that spanish teams are usually doing so well in ULEB competition - they are basically untouchable and any kind of contact is whistled agaisnt their poor opponents. And it's not even excuse making, since Spain NT and clubs always benefitted from such refereeing and always were in the centre of controversy when playing against tough physical squads like Greece for example. Some teams are used to such pussy refereeing standards, while others need whole game to adjust and when they do it's too late already...

Comment

WTF with the refs ? They push Khimki in every way possible. Not a single FT given to Spartak for the whole half That non call on Kashirov close to the end was epic ...

Anyways, Khimki got the abilities to lose games even with refs generous help. The only concern for Spartak lack of bench: they may just run out of gas to Khimki extra-wide rotation

Comment

Fun game, both teams choking badly, luckiest team won.
                            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Rytas - Valencia

Valencia is faster team and used to play up tempo game in ACB league, but Rytas obviously had to pay the price of their schedule. They came out without intesnity and obviously couldn't match Valencia's fresh legs. I don't know if it's Džikič foult, but Rytas' damn zone defence was one of the factors. Also you can't expect much when your best passer is Steponas Babrauskas. That leads to horrible offense and all these missed threes by Rytas is a normal thing because no-one creates in this team. Another key moment - Valančiūnas performance. He choked big time, but thing happens for 19 year olds. Having this in mind, I'm suprised Rytas still had a little chance. And I agree we can't blame only Džikič when Rytas playing Rasič as a point guard all season long. The guy can't see the court, can't pass and shoots only completely opened. Rice is not better, only can create his own shot.
                              On other hand, Newley was bricking two years in a row in Rytas and now he was somehing like 100% from FG. Anyway, I was pretty accurate saying this Rytas team can't expect too much, specially when their best players is non factor that given day.

And yes there was a feeling Rytas playing against USA dream team though it's only Valencia, they had two Eurocups just as Rytas...But you can't blame refs.

Congrats for Khimki! I would like to see Fridzon in my team.
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Congrats to Khimki. Spartak had its chances, but kudos to Khimki on having cojones to hit those big threes & to turn -10 into +4.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information