Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBP Long-Term National Pool (Vol. XVIII)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    sorry if its OT but pamboy has balls. kid is really tough.
    Tnt's pamboy = gilas 2's villanueva

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      To put things in persective the other Asian Centers in the NBA playoffs Yi for Dallas and Haddadi for Memphis avg zero minutes a game ! But still 37 % from the line is autracious.
      still better than vroman's 33% hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
        Tnt's pamboy = gilas 2's villanueva
        Watch out Yi, Abbas, Hamed LOL...
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Monster bowles in 2013..

Comment

• I don’t know which is worst not playing ( Yi , Haddadi) or what McGee did while on the court for 17 minutes vs LA : 0 out of 6 attempts, 2-4 from the line and 2 turnovers 3 fouls .. Ouch
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• What's with Cone? Is he trying to be a better bad actor on the sidelines than Chot? It is already very obvious that the quickness of the smallest men of TnT has not helped them being that useful inside against the very capable big men of BMeg. In fact, the only real and lasting advantage of TnT is the presence of big guards Dillinger and Reyes against whom BMeg has no counter-weapon, and the return of good passing to freed-up shooters in the perimeter. At least BMeg has Bowles, Devance and Pingris to prove that TnT's mythical smallball does not and will not work against quick and athletic tallball, as in never. It was the spectacular shooting failures of Yap and Simon that did in BMeg; both are too easily guardable.

Chot and Cone will certainly need serious influence as to their coaching strategies if they are to become trustworthy national coaches as they certainly are not showing deliberate adjustments; they are just waiting for the wind of luck to turn in scoring runs.

Now, all I'm waiting for is some kind of uncivil war in this series. This Pamboy can easily transform TnT into another Ginebra; only a rookie, but the crowd already remembers him well as it is not everyday that you see a 5'10" guard discipline a 6'8" forward's nape with some kind of "haplos" the Mayor Caruncho way. The Urbiztondo outburst wasn't even justifiable as he was certainly preparing for a hard pick, and Pamboy's defensive elbow just changed his plan as it should. That's the way you cripple an impending hard screen. It looks like I don't need to miss the Fabiosa-Jaworski love affair on the floor after all.
              Last edited by dtfernando; 04-30-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                He's pretty much serviceable. The bad news is that his minutes has been cut down mainly because he's now playing for a playoff team compared to the Washington Wizards who were in tank mode since Game One of the Regular Season. The good news is that playing for a good team has sort of change his attitude (expectedly)-- he waits for the game to come to him rather than be too aggressive on both ends.

This year, in 61 games:

Washington (41): 11.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, 2.5 blocked shots, on 53 FG% and 50% FT shooting
                Denver (20): 10.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.6 blocked shots, on 61 FG% and 37% FT shooting

If there are a couple of stats that is very telling it would be the percentages, he's a legit big man-- down to that atrocious free throw shooting. As early as now China, Iran, Korea will know how to neutralize McGee:LD
                Tenx for the info sir!

Well, based on the stats U presented, it's seems McGee shoots well from the field (61% FG shooting is quite impressive). But I understand such a high FG shooting was possible since McGee takes almost all of his shots from very close to the basket - post up plays, alley-hoop plays & dunks, w/c are typical plays for athletic big men.

"The good news is that playing for a good team has sort of change his attitude (expectedly)-- he waits for the game to come to him rather than be too aggressive on both ends."

Of course playing for a stronger team like Denver in the play-offs would compel McGee to play a more disciplined & more prudent game. And playing under a good coach in George Karl would further refine & polish McGee's overall game, hopefully. Although he would get less playing time w/ his new team than what he was getting w/ his former team Washington Wizards, the experience of playing in the NBA playoffs where all teams play on a much higher level, is very valuable for McGee's development as a young player. Imagine being match up w/ the likes of Andrew Bynum & Pau Gasol - both of whom are among the best big men in the world of basketball.

But I agree, the downside of McGee's game has been his FT shooting. Shooting just 37% from the line is really atrocious.

By the way, Denver lost to the Lakers in game 1 of their series. That's very much expected
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by brandon_void30 View Post
                  Monster bowles in 2013..
                  AMEN! Pry this guy from the tentacles of the evil empire hehehe
                  “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                  -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                    AMEN! Pry this guy from the tentacles of the evil empire hehehe
                    And to transfer to the Other Evil Empire with this option?

Parks
                    Lassiter
                    Lutz
                    Fajardo
                    Bowles

Maybe not, huh?
                    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• I would like to see this combination in national team games. Then again, I know I will never see this.

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                      And to transfer to the Other Evil Empire with this option?

Parks
                      Lassiter
                      Lutz
                      Fajardo
                      Bowles

Maybe not, huh?

Comment

• Historically there are club teams who has history of masquerading as the Philippine National team. Coincidentally the two major basketball/business entities are involved in it. There maybe a time.. maybe it will not come, but who knows that they will do this thing again not in separate times but simultaneously...
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

The only conceivable upgrade options for TNT in terms of size, toughness and shooting are:
                          1. Doulthit
                          2. Thoss
                          3. Norwood (wing or guard)
                          4. David (shooting)
                          Obviously Doulthit takes harvey’s min, Thoss japeth’s limited min. So my question is whose minutes does Gabe and David take from TNT’s core.

Norwood only has size. A factor he doesnt really take advantage of.

Comment

• Originally posted by lima-lima View Post
                            the PBA game exposures did not do well with japeth basketball development. Does he still have time to develop before the important FIBA tournaments? Am now thinking of slaughter and japeth ...who among them would breakout first and will be able to really help our national team? Ill put my money on slaughter for now. But I see this is not happening in the near future. If both of them turned out as we expected them to be....then we have chance at beating china. For the PBA backed Smart Gilas team, I think we have a shot against Iran, Jordan and Korea.
                            Basketball development in a short time? IMO, probably not with this team unless hes developed for a very specific role. Give Japeth to RoS and he will reach his full potential faster. Whatever his full potential is, I have no idea.

Comment

• From NBA player Graig Hodges:
                              “I can visualize a Filipino combo-guard playing in the NBA or maybe a point guard with a lot of quickness. If a Filipino gets the opportunity to perform on the global stage, like in an international competition, scouts will spot him if he’s good. But it’s also about a support system, giving a talented player the chance to play in a top college basketball program in the US.”
                              I echo Hodges sentiments the key for a Filipino to play in the NBA is by playing overseas either internationally or for a US college, the path is not through the PBA, scouts want to see you being effective against legitimate size players. It would really be good if the SBP had a feeder programme arrangement with a reputable US college similar to how Australia has an arrangement with St Mary’s (Holt’s college) and New Zealand is building something with Pitt (Pringles college)
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

From NBA player Graig Hodges:
                                “I can visualize a Filipino combo-guard playing in the NBA or maybe a point guard with a lot of quickness. If a Filipino gets the opportunity to perform on the global stage, like in an international competition, scouts will spot him if he’s good. But it’s also about a support system, giving a talented player the chance to play in a top college basketball program in the US.”
                                I echo Hodges sentiments the key for a Filipino to play in the NBA is by playing overseas either internationally or for a US college, the path is not through the PBA, scouts want to see you being effective against legitimate size players. It would really be good if the SBP had a feeder programme arrangement with a reputable US college similar to how Australia has an arrangement with St Mary’s (Holt’s college) and New Zealand is building something with Pitt (Pringles college)
                                Well known already is that our college is a commercial league in its own so yeah good luck with this idea that schools here will be willing to serve as feeder program to these US Div I schools.

For example, Parks, Ravena and Slaughter.

We know what happened with Parks. Ravena could be that guy to develop overseas-- would Ateneo be willing and sacrifice their dynasty? i doubt it.

Again, in an ideal world that could be a good set-up. We are not living in an ideal world. Even worse probably is that we're living in the Philippines too.
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information