View Poll Results: We have to match-up vs. China and Iran if we want to beat them

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • AGREE

    32 71.11%
  • Disagree

    13 28.89%
Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1556

Thread: SBP Long-Term National Pool (Vol. XVIII)

  1. #821
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,935

    Default

    Historically there are club teams who has history of masquerading as the Philippine National team. Coincidentally the two major basketball/business entities are involved in it. There maybe a time.. maybe it will not come, but who knows that they will do this thing again not in separate times but simultaneously...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #822
    Senior Member lizardking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    The only conceivable upgrade options for TNT in terms of size, toughness and shooting are:
    1. Doulthit
    2. Thoss
    3. Norwood (wing or guard)
    4. David (shooting)
    Obviously Doulthit takes harvey’s min, Thoss japeth’s limited min. So my question is whose minutes does Gabe and David take from TNT’s core.

    Norwood only has size. A factor he doesnt really take advantage of.

  3. #823
    Senior Member lizardking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lima-lima View Post
    the PBA game exposures did not do well with japeth basketball development. Does he still have time to develop before the important FIBA tournaments? Am now thinking of slaughter and japeth ...who among them would breakout first and will be able to really help our national team? Ill put my money on slaughter for now. But I see this is not happening in the near future. If both of them turned out as we expected them to be....then we have chance at beating china. For the PBA backed Smart Gilas team, I think we have a shot against Iran, Jordan and Korea.
    Basketball development in a short time? IMO, probably not with this team unless hes developed for a very specific role. Give Japeth to RoS and he will reach his full potential faster. Whatever his full potential is, I have no idea.

  4. #824
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    From NBA player Graig Hodges:
    “I can visualize a Filipino combo-guard playing in the NBA or maybe a point guard with a lot of quickness. If a Filipino gets the opportunity to perform on the global stage, like in an international competition, scouts will spot him if he’s good. But it’s also about a support system, giving a talented player the chance to play in a top college basketball program in the US.”
    I echo Hodges sentiments the key for a Filipino to play in the NBA is by playing overseas either internationally or for a US college, the path is not through the PBA, scouts want to see you being effective against legitimate size players. It would really be good if the SBP had a feeder programme arrangement with a reputable US college similar to how Australia has an arrangement with St Mary’s (Holt’s college) and New Zealand is building something with Pitt (Pringles college)

  5. #825
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    From NBA player Graig Hodges:
    “I can visualize a Filipino combo-guard playing in the NBA or maybe a point guard with a lot of quickness. If a Filipino gets the opportunity to perform on the global stage, like in an international competition, scouts will spot him if he’s good. But it’s also about a support system, giving a talented player the chance to play in a top college basketball program in the US.”
    I echo Hodges sentiments the key for a Filipino to play in the NBA is by playing overseas either internationally or for a US college, the path is not through the PBA, scouts want to see you being effective against legitimate size players. It would really be good if the SBP had a feeder programme arrangement with a reputable US college similar to how Australia has an arrangement with St Mary’s (Holt’s college) and New Zealand is building something with Pitt (Pringles college)
    Well known already is that our college is a commercial league in its own so yeah good luck with this idea that schools here will be willing to serve as feeder program to these US Div I schools.

    For example, Parks, Ravena and Slaughter.

    We know what happened with Parks. Ravena could be that guy to develop overseas-- would Ateneo be willing and sacrifice their dynasty? i doubt it.

    Again, in an ideal world that could be a good set-up. We are not living in an ideal world. Even worse probably is that we're living in the Philippines too.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  6. #826
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Well known already is that our college is a commercial league in its own so yeah good luck with this idea that schools here will be willing to serve as feeder program to these US Div I schools.

    For example, Parks, Ravena and Slaughter.

    We know what happened with Parks. Ravena could be that guy to develop overseas-- would Ateneo be willing and sacrifice their dynasty? i doubt it.

    Again, in an ideal world that could be a good set-up. We are not living in an ideal world. Even worse probably is that we're living in the Philippines too.
    Point well taken, and you're right it's easier said than done but nobody said there won't be obstacles , however as the governing association the SBP in charge of player development and the NT this is definetly a plan (feeder program to a US College) worth pursuing, it definetly is a more feasible plan than the suggestion to legistlate by law that commercial and college teams madatory loan players to the NT. That simply is not happening unless we convert our govt to communism

  7. #827
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Point well taken, and you're right it's easier said than done but nobody said there won't be obstacles , however as the governing association the SBP in charge of player development and the NT this is definetly a plan (feeder program to a US College) worth pursuing, it definetly is a more feasible plan than the suggestion to legistlate by law that commercial and college teams madatory loan players to the NT. That simply is not happening unless we convert our govt to communism
    Again i admire the idealism. However, you are overestimating the capabilities of the SBP. As seen recently, SBP is at the mercy of the pro league-- it is an entity that is supposedly the basketball power in the country but is completely powerless over these member-leagues. And yes, those member-leagues include the amateur leagues, for which again SBP has ZERO control.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  8. #828
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Again i admire the idealism. However, you are overestimating the capabilities of the SBP. As seen recently, SBP is at the mercy of the pro league-- it is an entity that is supposedly the basketball power in the country but is completely powerless over these member-leagues. And yes, those member-leagues include the amateur leagues, for which again SBP has ZERO control.
    Actually the creation of a feeder program for example for Gonzaga University (just an example) is similar to the creation of the Gilas I team, that competed for talent vs the PBA teams. Some players Gilas got e.g. Casio some it didn't. The only difference is unlike the Gilas program that was competing for college graduates who would turn pro a US college program would be competing for high school graduates wanting to play college ball. The same scenario will happen some players will join the feeder program some will not and opt to join local univesities

  9. #829
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Actually the creation of a feeder program for example for Gonzaga University (just an example) is similar to the creation of the Gilas I team, that competed for talent vs the PBA teams. Some players Gilas got e.g. Casio some it didn't. The only difference is unlike the Gilas program that was competing for college graduates who would turn pro a US college program would be competing for high school graduates wanting to play college ball. The same scenario will happen some players will join the feeder program some will not and opt to join local univesities
    Again, good luck with that. Remember the Slaughter to NT acquisition? It was so much more for the NT as well as 'teneo. You have to consider the conflict of interests here. In a country where politics, sports and business mix the ideal scenarios are really impossible to reach.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  10. #830
    Senior Member tito thoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Had to answer this question:

    The best way to get the best of both world's is to make sure that our kids are registered as pinoys before 16 years of age and then utilise the resources that are available to wealthier countries in terms of resources and know-how and apply them to our growing kids (for us based overseas). this way they are at par with the world growing up and then come home and play for pinas. we are making use of resources unavailable back home to strengthen our kids. Also they are not subjected to any school politics that might prevent them to join. This way they are independent of politics yet trained properly.The drawback, all expenses are yours...

  11. #831

    Default

    What do you think about Japeth's case, IMO he could be a better player now if he just stayed with Ateneo.

  12. #832
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    7,086
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post
    What do you think about Japeth's case, IMO he could be a better player now if he just stayed with Ateneo.
    he could play even more better if he didn't step on the ball during WKU's practice.
    See You In #SPAIN2014

    See you In #DUBAI2014

  13. #833
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    he could play even more better if he didn't step on the ball during WKU's practice.
    So yeah, let's blame that ball too for his lack of development

    So here's Japeth's excuse list:

    Toroman wouldn't trust him.
    Chot wouldn't trust him.
    The ball does not like him.

    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  14. #834
    Senior Member darkknight1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    331
    Country: Austria

    Default

    http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorn...bcategoryid=69

    FIBA cracks down on ineligibles
    By Joaquin Henson The Philippine Star Updated May 02, 2012 12:00 AM 0 comment to this post

    MANILA, Philippines – A FIBA initiative to strictly impose the provision requiring players with the birth right of dual citizenship to claim two nationalities before turning 16 may adversely affect the eligibility of future Fil-foreigners in the Philippine basketball team, said Smart Gilas team manager Butch Antonio recently.

    “It’s collateral damage for the Philippines because FIBA wants to crack down on instant citizens becoming national players in other countries,” said Antonio. “There appear to be suspicious cases in Africa, the Middle East and South America. In our case, we can prove the birth right of dual citizenship of our Fil-foreigners. The problem is with the strict enforcement of the FIBA rule, we’ll have to establish two nationalities of Fil-foreigners who are prospective national players before they turn 16. It’s a prospective rule, not retroactive, so our current players like Marcio (Lassiter) and Kelly (Williams) aren’t affected. But future prospects like Chris Banchero and Stanley Pringle may not be eligible unless they filed for dual citizenship before they turned 16.”

    Antonio cited Rule 21.a. in Chapter 1 of Book 3 of the FIBA rules as saying: “A national team participating in a competition of FIBA may have only one player on its team who has acquired the legal nationality of that country by naturalization or by any other means after having reached the age of 16. This provision applies to any player having the right to acquire a second nationality at birth but who did not lay claim to this right until after having reached the age of 16.”

    Under the FIBA rule, Smart Gilas will be allowed to play only one naturalized player, in the current lineup Marcus Douthit, and no other future Fil-foreigner who may have chosen two citizenships after turning 16.

    Antonio said Philippine laws allow a Fil-foreigner to claim two nationalities even after turning 16 and his human right to enjoy the privileges of a Filipino citizen, such as eligibility to represent the country in a sporting event, must be respected. However, Antonio said the issue will not be debated until the timing is right.

    Meanwhile, Antonio said the Philippines is fortifying its bid to host the FIBA-Asia Championships next year. SBP executive director Sonny Barrios has informed the FIBA-Asia Central Board of the Philippines’ interest and preparedness to host the regional qualifiers for the FIBA 2014 World Championships. The top three finishers of the FIBA-Asia joust will represent Asia in the 24-nation World Championships in Spain.

    “Mr. Barrios has attended hosting seminars conducted by FIBA in Geneva,” said Antonio. “He is in close contact with FIBA officials both in Geneva and the FIBA-Asia headquarters. Mr. Barrios is spearheading our campaign with all-out support from SBP president Manny V. Pangilinan and vice chairman Ricky Vargas.”

    How the recent change in leadership in FIBA-Asia with the retirement of Dato Yeoh Choo Hock of Malaysia and installation of Hagop Khajirian of Lebanon as secretary-general will affect the Philippines’ bid is not certain.

    The Philippines has not hosted the FIBA-Asia Championships, previously known as the Asian Basketball Confederation Championships, since 1973. Its only other hosting was in 1960. China, Lebanon, Qatar and Iran are reportedly keen on hosting the tournament. A perennial host because of superior resources, China has staged the FIBA-Asia Championships in four of the last six competitions, including the last two in Tianjin in 2009 and Wuhan last year. There have been 19 hosts since Manila had its last turn in 1973.

    Antonio said Smart Gilas coach Chot Reyes will call a meeting of the players named to the national pool shortly after the PBA Commissioner’s Cup finals. Reyes has named 16 players to the pool and Antonio said it could increase to 25 to 30 including the cadet or non-pro picks. Antonio said the plan is for Smart Gilas to play at the Jones Cup in Taipei in August and the Stankovic Cup in Tokyo in September.

    Spain got the nod over Italy on a vote of 11-8 in the final tally to decide the World Championships host. Spain will use venues in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Sevilla, Granada and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to play the games. France, Denmark, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Greece and China were others that bid for the hosting rights. China was the first country to be eliminated in the selection process.

  15. #835
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tito thoots View Post
    Had to answer this question:

    The best way to get the best of both world's is to make sure that our kids are registered as pinoys before 16 years of age and then utilise the resources that are available to wealthier countries in terms of resources and know-how and apply them to our growing kids (for us based overseas). this way they are at par with the world growing up and then come home and play for pinas. we are making use of resources unavailable back home to strengthen our kids. Also they are not subjected to any school politics that might prevent them to join. This way they are independent of politics yet trained properly.The drawback, all expenses are yours...
    Agree ! by doing this the gov't or Philippine commercial resources (sponsors) get a free ride, as it's the US colleges (example) that spends for the development and elite exposure (US NCAA) for these kids, Not only that it taps not just the local bred resources but Fil-foreigners. (Ths SBP should identify who these kids are before they turn 16 to comply with FIBA asia rules on eligibility). US colleges unlike Philippine colleges are required to loan their student athletes to national teams when called for duty during the US summer months (June to Sept, FIBA int'l season) . Plus to insure their availability this will be part of the feeder agreement between the SBP and the US college chosen. Doing this sloves the problem of college players not being available for int;l competition plus provides them better elite competition and training

  16. #836
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Here is a suggested example school because of the Ateneo – Jesuit , Catholic connection- University of Layola Marymount. I’m sure MVP with his connections can come up with a feeder agreement between the University and the SBP

    http://www.lmulions.com/sports/m-bas...askbl-mtt.html

    If you look at their roster they have 4 foreign recruits , 2 from Nigeria. It doesn’t necessary have to be Layola , but you can see the connection with Layola and Nigeria. I’m sure another US college can have a similar arrangement with the Philippines

  17. #837
    Senior Member weward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,998
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkknight1200 View Post
    http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorn...bcategoryid=69

    FIBA cracks down on ineligibles
    By Joaquin Henson The Philippine Star Updated May 02, 2012 12:00 AM 0 comment to this post

    MANILA, Philippines – A FIBA initiative to strictly impose the provision requiring players with the birth right of dual citizenship to claim two nationalities before turning 16 may adversely affect the eligibility of future Fil-foreigners in the Philippine basketball team, said Smart Gilas team manager Butch Antonio recently.

    “It’s collateral damage for the Philippines because FIBA wants to crack down on instant citizens becoming national players in other countries,” said Antonio. “There appear to be suspicious cases in Africa, the Middle East and South America. In our case, we can prove the birth right of dual citizenship of our Fil-foreigners. The problem is with the strict enforcement of the FIBA rule, we’ll have to establish two nationalities of Fil-foreigners who are prospective national players before they turn 16. It’s a prospective rule, not retroactive, so our current players like Marcio (Lassiter) and Kelly (Williams) aren’t affected. But future prospects like Chris Banchero and Stanley Pringle may not be eligible unless they filed for dual citizenship before they turned 16.”

    Antonio cited Rule 21.a. in Chapter 1 of Book 3 of the FIBA rules as saying: “A national team participating in a competition of FIBA may have only one player on its team who has acquired the legal nationality of that country by naturalization or by any other means after having reached the age of 16. This provision applies to any player having the right to acquire a second nationality at birth but who did not lay claim to this right until after having reached the age of 16.”

    Under the FIBA rule, Smart Gilas will be allowed to play only one naturalized player, in the current lineup Marcus Douthit, and no other future Fil-foreigner who may have chosen two citizenships after turning 16.

    Antonio said Philippine laws allow a Fil-foreigner to claim two nationalities even after turning 16 and his human right to enjoy the privileges of a Filipino citizen, such as eligibility to represent the country in a sporting event, must be respected. However, Antonio said the issue will not be debated until the timing is right.

    Meanwhile, Antonio said the Philippines is fortifying its bid to host the FIBA-Asia Championships next year. SBP executive director Sonny Barrios has informed the FIBA-Asia Central Board of the Philippines’ interest and preparedness to host the regional qualifiers for the FIBA 2014 World Championships. The top three finishers of the FIBA-Asia joust will represent Asia in the 24-nation World Championships in Spain.

    “Mr. Barrios has attended hosting seminars conducted by FIBA in Geneva,” said Antonio. “He is in close contact with FIBA officials both in Geneva and the FIBA-Asia headquarters. Mr. Barrios is spearheading our campaign with all-out support from SBP president Manny V. Pangilinan and vice chairman Ricky Vargas.”

    How the recent change in leadership in FIBA-Asia with the retirement of Dato Yeoh Choo Hock of Malaysia and installation of Hagop Khajirian of Lebanon as secretary-general will affect the Philippines’ bid is not certain.

    The Philippines has not hosted the FIBA-Asia Championships, previously known as the Asian Basketball Confederation Championships, since 1973. Its only other hosting was in 1960. China, Lebanon, Qatar and Iran are reportedly keen on hosting the tournament. A perennial host because of superior resources, China has staged the FIBA-Asia Championships in four of the last six competitions, including the last two in Tianjin in 2009 and Wuhan last year. There have been 19 hosts since Manila had its last turn in 1973.

    Antonio said Smart Gilas coach Chot Reyes will call a meeting of the players named to the national pool shortly after the PBA Commissioner’s Cup finals. Reyes has named 16 players to the pool and Antonio said it could increase to 25 to 30 including the cadet or non-pro picks. Antonio said the plan is for Smart Gilas to play at the Jones Cup in Taipei in August and the Stankovic Cup in Tokyo in September.

    Spain got the nod over Italy on a vote of 11-8 in the final tally to decide the World Championships host. Spain will use venues in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Sevilla, Granada and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to play the games. France, Denmark, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Greece and China were others that bid for the hosting rights. China was the first country to be eliminated in the selection process.
    Wait. Someone pls refresh me.
    In Philippine laws, aren't fil-fors(not just players) automatically considered as Filipinos at birth? i think they are,right?. So they dont need to aquire it anymore right? The only thing they need is a passport,which is a material thing that the goverment issues to acknowledge its holder as a citizen and to allow him/her to travel, but not really a thing representing a timestamp of them being filipinos(since they were considered as filipinos by birth). or is it not this way? im confused again. pls refresh me. TIA. =)

    but if the issue will remain,
    not just pringle and banchero but STEPHEN 'SCUBA' HOLT TOO!!!

  18. #838
    Senior Member Jay P. Mercado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    There is no problem pertaining to PHL laws. Pringle, Banchero and Holt are pretty much Fil-Foreign citizens and they have the same perks and privileges of a normal Filipino.

    The issue is not our laws, but the FIBA rules. What the FIBA is proposing is to have players carrying dual citizenship to embrace such at the age of 16. This obviously will impact on the statuses of the three Fil-Fors named above for they all are above 16 but have yet to complete their dual citizenship.

  19. #839
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkknight1200 View Post
    http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorn...bcategoryid=69

    FIBA cracks down on ineligibles
    By Joaquin Henson The Philippine Star Updated May 02, 2012 12:00 AM 0 comment to this post

    MANILA, Philippines – A FIBA initiative to strictly impose the provision requiring players with the birth right of dual citizenship to claim two nationalities before turning 16 may adversely affect the eligibility of future Fil-foreigners in the Philippine basketball team, said Smart Gilas team manager Butch Antonio recently.

    “It’s collateral damage for the Philippines because FIBA wants to crack down on instant citizens becoming national players in other countries,” said Antonio. “There appear to be suspicious cases in Africa, the Middle East and South America. In our case, we can prove the birth right of dual citizenship of our Fil-foreigners. The problem is with the strict enforcement of the FIBA rule, we’ll have to establish two nationalities of Fil-foreigners who are prospective national players before they turn 16. It’s a prospective rule, not retroactive, so our current players like Marcio (Lassiter) and Kelly (Williams) aren’t affected. But future prospects like Chris Banchero and Stanley Pringle may not be eligible unless they filed for dual citizenship before they turned 16.”

    Antonio cited Rule 21.a. in Chapter 1 of Book 3 of the FIBA rules as saying: “A national team participating in a competition of FIBA may have only one player on its team who has acquired the legal nationality of that country by naturalization or by any other means after having reached the age of 16. This provision applies to any player having the right to acquire a second nationality at birth but who did not lay claim to this right until after having reached the age of 16.”

    Under the FIBA rule, Smart Gilas will be allowed to play only one naturalized player, in the current lineup Marcus Douthit, and no other future Fil-foreigner who may have chosen two citizenships after turning 16.

    Antonio said Philippine laws allow a Fil-foreigner to claim two nationalities even after turning 16 and his human right to enjoy the privileges of a Filipino citizen, such as eligibility to represent the country in a sporting event, must be respected. However, Antonio said the issue will not be debated until the timing is right.

    Meanwhile, Antonio said the Philippines is fortifying its bid to host the FIBA-Asia Championships next year. SBP executive director Sonny Barrios has informed the FIBA-Asia Central Board of the Philippines’ interest and preparedness to host the regional qualifiers for the FIBA 2014 World Championships. The top three finishers of the FIBA-Asia joust will represent Asia in the 24-nation World Championships in Spain.

    “Mr. Barrios has attended hosting seminars conducted by FIBA in Geneva,” said Antonio. “He is in close contact with FIBA officials both in Geneva and the FIBA-Asia headquarters. Mr. Barrios is spearheading our campaign with all-out support from SBP president Manny V. Pangilinan and vice chairman Ricky Vargas.”

    How the recent change in leadership in FIBA-Asia with the retirement of Dato Yeoh Choo Hock of Malaysia and installation of Hagop Khajirian of Lebanon as secretary-general will affect the Philippines’ bid is not certain.

    The Philippines has not hosted the FIBA-Asia Championships, previously known as the Asian Basketball Confederation Championships, since 1973. Its only other hosting was in 1960. China, Lebanon, Qatar and Iran are reportedly keen on hosting the tournament. A perennial host because of superior resources, China has staged the FIBA-Asia Championships in four of the last six competitions, including the last two in Tianjin in 2009 and Wuhan last year. There have been 19 hosts since Manila had its last turn in 1973.

    Antonio said Smart Gilas coach Chot Reyes will call a meeting of the players named to the national pool shortly after the PBA Commissioner’s Cup finals. Reyes has named 16 players to the pool and Antonio said it could increase to 25 to 30 including the cadet or non-pro picks. Antonio said the plan is for Smart Gilas to play at the Jones Cup in Taipei in August and the Stankovic Cup in Tokyo in September.

    Spain got the nod over Italy on a vote of 11-8 in the final tally to decide the World Championships host. Spain will use venues in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Sevilla, Granada and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to play the games. France, Denmark, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Greece and China were others that bid for the hosting rights. China was the first country to be eliminated in the selection process.

    This is not good for our National Team but the PBA will benefit for this FIBA rule if given effect.

  20. #840
    Senior Member killmebusy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Here is a suggested example school because of the Ateneo – Jesuit , Catholic connection- University of Layola Marymount. I’m sure MVP with his connections can come up with a feeder agreement between the University and the SBP

    http://www.lmulions.com/sports/m-bas...askbl-mtt.html

    If you look at their roster they have 4 foreign recruits , 2 from Nigeria. It doesn’t necessary have to be Layola , but you can see the connection with Layola and Nigeria. I’m sure another US college can have a similar arrangement with the Philippines
    i can't imagine ateneo letting their best player go...mvp isn't the only governing body in the school. yes he may be chairman of the board but his vote is just as good as anyone else's too. if it is so, kiefer should already be playing in the us ncaa.

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •