No announcement yet.

Korean Basketball League 2012-2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seoul SK Knights are to train in the United States for their pre-season preparations. Leading the pack is Kim Sun-Hyung and Cho Bo-Kyong.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Forward Kim Dong-Woo will sign with the Seoul SK Knights.

Ulsan Mobis Phoebus no longer has the cap space to re-sign Kim as they landed the services of the prolific Moon Tae-Young.

Last edited by CKR13; 05-08-2012, 07:31 AM.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Moon Tae-Young (Ulsan Mobis Phoebus), Jeon Tae-Pong (Goyang Orions) and Lee Seung-Jun (Wonju Dongbu Promy)

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Defending KBL champions Anyang KGC re-signs forward Kim Il-Du to a two year contract.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Jeon Tae-Pong said in an interview with the team scribes said that he will be healthy to start the season for the Goyang Orions.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

It is reported that veteran center Seo Jang-Hoon will sign with Busan Sonicboom KT for a one year deal. The Changwon LG Sakers chose not to pick up Seo's contract last week.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Changwon LG Sakers and Busan Sonicboom KT have agreed on a trade. The Sakers sends veteran guard Kim Hyun-Joong and combo guard Oh Young-Jun in exchange for youth prospect Young Woo-Sup and all-star Kim Young-Hwan.
                Last edited by CKR13; 05-21-2012, 04:35 AM.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Busan Sonicboom KT's Seo Jang-Hoon announced that the KBL 2012-2013 Season will be his last and will retire in the offseason.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Changwon's trade of Kim Hyun-Joong and Oh Yung-Jun is a signal of the long rebuilding years. The two will make way for rookies Park Rae-Hyun and Cho Sang-Hyul. I am quite happy with the acquisition of Kim Young-Hwan, a versatile forward.

Busan has definitely reloaded with veterans.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Park Sang-Oh, the former league MVP of the Busan Sonicboom KT was traded to the Seoul SK Knights fro five future draft picks.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Seo's retirement plan worries KBL

The Korean Basketball League (KBL) is facing a major task to unearth more talented players to maintain its popularity, as its hottest ticket, Seo Jang-hoon, announced he will retire next year.

The 37-year-old KT Sonicboom center said he plans to leave the game after the upcoming season that starts in the fall. During a press conference at KBL Center in Seoul, Monday, he opened his heart about his poor performances over the last season.

“I initially planned to retire after the last season when many misfortunes happened. However, I didn’t want to let the nightmarish memories of the season haunt me for the rest of my life,” Seo said. “I went through such a tough time. So, I really appreciate the team and the manager Jeon Chang-jin for the opportunity.”

It was also revealed in March that Seo and his wife, KBS presenter Oh Jung-yeon, are getting divorced. The high-profile couple wed in 2009 but there were soon reports of disharmony.

The news of the center’s retirement sounds alarm bells for the KBL, already suffering from a lack of superstars after Lee Sang-min, Moon Kyung-eun and Woo Ji-won retired two years ago. Seo has expressed concerns over the future of the KBL that is in need of an infusion of young blood.

“I think the two of the most noticeable players at this time of the league are Kim Seung-hyun and Kim Joo-sung. However, when I’m with them, people often ask me who they are. That shows how bad the situation is, regarding the fact that the old basketball stars like Lee Sang-min and Woo Ji-won drew fans wherever they went,” Seo said. “That is the current status of the KBL.”

The Sonicboom center added that KBL players should step up to promote the league, saying they have to get out of their comfort zone.

Along with other challenges such as the unexpected breakup of the Shinsegae Coolcat in the Women’s Korean Basketball League (WKBL) last month and the ET Land Elephants’ current bid to find a new owner, Korean basketball has entered a new era without the star draws it used to have.

The NBA in the United States also ran into a shortage of star power when Michael Jordan retired from the Washington Wizards in 2003. Shortly after, the NBA took serious steps to discover uncharted talent to maintain its popularity, which resulted in Kobe Bryant and LeBron James becoming the biggest stars of the next generation. The NBA continues to make efforts to find new faces. Most recently, the New York Knicks Jeremy Lin has gained a huge fame through successful marketing strategies.

Seo will leave an indelible mark on the KBL. He was the first player to score 10,000 points in the game against LG Sakers on Nov. 19. Considering his reputation, he showed lackluster performances last season with an average of 7.51 points and 2.9 rebounds in 35 games.
                        -KoreaTimes

After Seo Jang-Hoon, there is Kim Joo-Sung. We will have to wait for a few years more to see the youth bigmen prospects to mature and ofcourse playing in the KBL. Korea has a number of up and coming bigman that is quite unprecedented.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

577 foreign players have submitted their application for the KBL 2012-2013 Season.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Some changes were made within the Changwon LG Sakers roster page. Admin took off the profile of Seo Jang-Hoon. While Kim Hyun-Joong and Oh Yung-Joon's profiles remain. Aaron Haynes is still there. I look for the day when they upload Park Rae-Hyun, Cho Sang-Hyul, Yong Woo-Sup and Kim Yong-Hwan.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Goyang Orions have signed two veterans into their fold:

Jeon Hyung-So former Changwon LG Sakers
                              Kim Jong-Hak former Anyang KGC
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Incheon ET Land veteran guard Shin Ki-Sung has announced his retirement in a press conference. Meanwhile, Anyang KGC's veteran forward Kim Sung-Chul is also considering retirement.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information