X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Akkari scores 113 points, 32 triples

Player scores 113 points in Lebanese league game
    Posted Apr 4 2012 5:43PM

BEIRUT (AP) -- Move over Wilt Chamberlain. Another basketball player joined the elite century club after scoring 113 points in a Lebanese league game.

Mohammad El Akkari led Moutahed to a 173-141 victory over Bejjeh in a Division A league game on Tuesday. He scored 32 3-pointers in 59 attempts and was 40-for-69 overall from the floor. He only had one free throw.

The basketball world governing body Web site said the 6-foot-2 guard is the first player to score more than 100 points in an official league game in any of its Asian national federations.

Two players achieved the feat in non-league games. Lou Salvador had 116 points for the Philippines against China in the 1923 Far Eastern Games, and Jeron Teng scored 104 for Xavier School against Grace Christian College in a high school game in the Philippines.

Chamberlain scored 100 points in an NBA game, a record that still stands 50 years later.

The 7-foot-1 Chamberlain played all 48 minutes in the Philadelphia Warrior's 169-147 win over the New York Knicks on March 2, 1962. He shot 36 of 63 from the floor and 28 of 32 from the free-throw line.

The next closest NBA player is Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, who scored 81 on Jan. 22, 2006.

The 27-year-old Akkari entered the game averaging only 7.6 points and 19.2 minutes of playing time in 23 games this season.

"I think it's all a result of my practice," Akkari said. "I also want to thank my coach for letting me play that long and all my teammates for helping."

Coach Ahmad Fadel said he always thought Akkari had the potential for such a performance.

"He's a phenomenal but a very underrated shooter. He puts in a lot of hard work in practice," Fadel said. "I am not surprised."

American teammate Austin Johnson said it was clear Akkari was headed for a big night.

"He starting out shooting the ball very well and just continued to go," Johnson said. "Our team realized that he was on fire, so we kept feeding him the ball. Congrats to Akkari on a record-setting night. He deserves it from the way he works and stays focused."

Could this be a world record, 32 3-pointers?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

This is, in my opinion, a better feat than Wilt Chamberlian's 100-point game, even though he achieved his record in the NBA. Scoring a single free throws, and scored more points than Chambelain (who scored 28 of his 100 points off of free throws) is just amazing. Great job and congratulations to Mohammed El Akkari.
    sigpic

Comment

He surpasses the record of the late Drazen Petrovic 112pts
      sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

this Player Mohammad Al Akkari is considered to be an Average player in Our League ,he s one of the Best Shooters in Lebanon ,he can't miss an open shot and also can take forced shots ,but for Sure there is many Shooters in Lebanon better than him and By Far !! you have Omar Turk Al Riyadi Former Player ,you have Sabah Khoury EX-NT ,you have Elie Stephan NT Player ,you have for Sure the Legend Rony Fahed ,Brian Bechara ,Fadi El Khatib ,Matt Freijie !!

but in that Game ,Bejjeh Played with no Foreigners and no Starters or their Prof. Players like Nadim Soueid who's an NT Candidate and the others ,they played with young players against Prof Players like Mouttahed !! and in that Game ,it was the night of Akkari !! he didn't missed !! scoring 33 3pts ,it s huge ,but in other hands ,Some Media are talking in a bad way about the Lebanese League and for Sure ,that 's very false ,they can watch what Lebanon did in ASIA !! also we are the Current Champions of Asia Clubs with Al Riyadi Beirut ,and we have 2 Teams that be considered to be a Top Teams in Asia (Riyadi And Champville and now Anibal Zahle on their Way) !! that doen't mean that our League is a weak league ,it was surprising game ,it's happen ,but i think they should watch ,some game in our League and they will know the excitement in our League !!
        also to note , i am not saying that Akkari is Huge and will have a chance to play in Europe or NBA as some media is considering LOL that will be the biggest Joke !!
        this Man is averaging a 7.8 PPG in the league and suddenly had a 113 pts in one game ,let he make 30 PTS against Sagesse,Riyadi,Champville,Anibal ...and we will give him a NT Chance LOL !!
        in one way he had a Record ,but in the other way ,he give a bad image about our level or our league for all the world !! like he make The World surpass what Al Khatib ,Mechantaf ,Doumiati ,Rony Fahed ,Brian Bechara ,Joe Vogel ... these players what they did for our Basketball !!
        Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

His shooting is impressive, but his 113 are not.

Comment

Originally posted by TDW View Post
            His shooting is impressive, but his 113 are not.
            Lebanese friends please explain this kind of defense
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              Yeah really, this looks like pick-up style defense, no offense at all. And also, if he's hitting, does nobody want to step up and mark him on defense? Like at least a box and 1 or something, this coach is awful.
              My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
              1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
              1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
              1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
              1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
              1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
              1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
              1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Don't care if there was no defense, that was mad shooting! Something out of an arcade game! Nice job!
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

No Kindd of Deffence ,i said it before !! but this Guy can shoot very well ,can't miss on the 3pt Line !! but in this game there was no deffence from both side !!
                  also Yesterday ,Mouttahed (6th in the League) Team won their Game against Anibal Zahle (3rd in the League) 86-84
                  Akkari Stats in this Game :

Mohamad Akkari 3Pts, 4Rbs, 1Ass (1/5 FG + 1/5 3's0 (Added 1 Steal + 2 TO) in 14 min
                  Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

I just wished the video also featured the shots that he missed..

Comment

What exactly was the defense doing here? That's not even good enough to claim there was "no defense", it's below the recreational level ... I thought 113 points is a nice, but... the way they played and considering his shooting mechanic an average U16 youth player or even just random ballers from the street would've kept him on 10 points max. I am honestly confused, unless it was all about "promotion".
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                        Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                        What exactly was the defense doing here? That's not even good enough to claim there was "no defense", it's below the recreational level ... I thought 113 points is a nice, but... the way they played and considering his shooting mechanic an average U16 youth player or even just random ballers from the street would've kept him on 10 points max. I am honestly confused, unless it was all about "promotion".
                        I spoke with Rik on facebook regarding this but i'll mention it here as well to clarify the situation...

Real disgrace for Lebanese basketball if you personally ask me

The team in yellow (Bejje) is going through major financial issues... They haven't paid their foreign players their salaries who left the team as well delaying the salary payment of their local players... Bejje are currently in 7th place and have no chance to qualify to the Final 4 of the Lebanese League so they played this game like it was a practice and because the result of the game meant nothing for them...

The Lebanese federation had a meeting yesterday and came up with the following:

1) Placing Bejje in 8th (last place) and considering all the remaining games to be played by them as losses.
                        2) Penalizing Bejje the amount of 25 million Lebanese pounds (LBP) for their actions and for negatively affecting the reputation of Lebanese basketball.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense now
                          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information