Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Pringle thread

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Super skills huh? What is he doing in a Class C league like the ABL?

Before we crown him as the best next thing let's wait if he can
    a) be a superstar in the ABL, for emphasis, a league when PBA scrubs are your superstars (i saw Chris Pacana with major minutes there. Hahaha.) and
    b) he reaches the PBA and prove indeed he can play like he belong in the big leagues.
    c) NBA D League appearance? i'll shut up and admit i was wrong about not believing the hype

Again, i ask you people to stop overrating the kid. i am excited about him too but these great expectations are not helping at all.
    hype feeds people's fantasy. cant blame fans if they are resorting to such as it gives them hope that our country will once again rule asian basketball. no amount of previous incidence of "hyped players" being "lesser players" will change that.

a) be a superstar in the ABL, for emphasis, a league when PBA scrubs are your superstars (i saw Chris Pacana with major minutes there. Hahaha.) and
    b) he reaches the PBA and prove indeed he can play like he belong in the big leagues.
    c) NBA D League appearance? i'll shut up and admit i was wrong about not believing the hype

Again, i ask you people to stop overrating the kid. i am excited about him too but these great expectations are not helping at all.
    with these pointers, i can say that chris banchero is 2 steps behind pringle hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by SG 3000 View Post
    hype feeds people's fantasy. cant blame fans if they are resorting to such as it gives them hope that our country will once again rule asian basketball. no amount of previous incidence of "hyped players" being "lesser players" will change that.
    True true. But hopefully we've learned our lesson with the Japeth Aguilar situation already. We were crowing him to be possibly the best player the PBA has seen (well the superfans did) and that the 6 foot 9 beanpole will dominate the midgets (guess what, the hobbits fought back and pushed him out of the paint ).

Just like Japeth, keep the expectations real (i expect him to find his time as a regular starter at TNT or other team and average respectable numbers eventually but not dominant like the Patrimonios or the Asaytanos from that PF position) with Pringle.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

I think no one in the proper state of basketball mind hyped Japeth Aguilar as the next best thing after seeing his Gilas stint...

Stanley Pringle can be a good player in the PBA. Maybe one of the pioneer of changing the guards of the league (from the Caguioa,Miller, Jimmy Mike -> Jayson, Cabagnot, Tenorio to Pringle and possibly Holt, Parks etc.. in the Philippines if you are considered an elite (not need to be the best) guard, you are damn good knowing Philippines is a guard producing country.

But maybe Pringle may fail the expectations set by some fans...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

not really super skills like Chris Tiu if he's 6'3 or 6'4 he's at least in the D-leagues for his smarts.I just think you're over hyping the PBA too much by saying the best players are only in the PBA..well at least that's what you're trying to say.I'm not over rating the kid..I just think that the Alapag's,Helterbrands etc are getting old.

here are my points:

a) ABL might got scrubs from the PBA but you can't disregard the two imports of almost unlimited height.This make your scoring not as easy as what you think..case and point Junmar Fajardo's stats(the guy who most people think would make a big impact once he made it to "the big leagues").The guy just scored better than the two American imports on his last game.

b) sorry but my idea of Asian "big leagues" are the CBA,KBL and the Iranian super leagues.PBA hasn't really proven anything for the longest time outside Southeast Asia...not even an Asian Games championships where most Asian national scrubs are playing.Ok, ok the big league..if you're as old as Jawo's un washed Toyota jersey.

c) 1)Even some PBA imports did not go to the NBDL for some reason.Does that mean they are not quality players?
    2)yes no NBDL appearance but common who the hell in the Philippine shore reached as far as Timbuktu..ok there are guys who made it in american pro leagues (3rd-4th division?) but have you got any local talent who even made it in a European 1st division league? and yes that's two different European countries for you.I'm not saying he's the next best thing in Philippine basketball because it's really hard to debate with all the ginuman fanatics out there.But c'mmon the only main reason this guy might be going to the PBA is to look for a more steady employment because we all know that the other leagues are far more competitive. I'm pretty sure fan boys like you would be the first one to get excited once this guy decide to play for your favorite baranggay.
    Last edited by Alex07; 04-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    "Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail"

Stanley Pringle 22pts against Phil. Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    not really super skills like Chris Tiu if he's 6'3 or 6'4 he's at least in the D-leagues for his smarts.I just think you're over hyping the PBA too much by saying the best players are only in the PBA..well at least that's what you're trying to say.I'm not over rating the kid..I just think that the Alapag's,Helterbrands etc are getting old.

Nope. The best players are playing in CBA actually.

here are my points:

a) ABL might got scrubs from the PBA but you can't disregard the two imports of almost unlimited height.This make your scoring not as easy as what you think..case and point Junmar Fajardo's stats(the guy who most people think would make a big impact once he made it to "the big leagues").The guy just scored better than the two American imports on his last game.
    Not easy scoring, huh? So Avenido is one of the stars in that league and what is he in the PBA? A scrub. That should tell you something,

b) sorry but my idea of Asian "big leagues" are the CBA,KBL and the Iranian super leagues.PBA hasn't really proven anything for the longest time outside Southeast Asia...not even an Asian Games championships where most Asian national scrubs are playing.Ok, ok the big league..if you're as old as Jawo's un washed Toyota jersey.
    Way to support your argument with assumptions again. PBA is a smaller league than the leagues you mentioned indeed. But when you compare ABL to the PBA? Its called perspective. You don't understand it.

c) 1)Even some PBA imports did not go to the NBDL for some reason.Does that mean they are not quality players?
    2)yes no NBDL appearance but common who the hell in the Philippine shore reached as far as Timbuktu..ok there are guys who made it in american pro leagues (3rd-4th division?) but have you got any local talent who even made it in a European 1st division league? and yes that's two different European countries for you.I'm not saying he's the next best thing in Philippine basketball because it's really hard to debate with all the ginuman fanatics out there.But c'mmon the only main reason this guy might be going to the PBA is to look for a more steady employment because we all know that the other leagues are far more competitive. I'm pretty sure fan boys like you would be the first one to get excited once this guy decide to play for your favorite baranggay.
    You are saving face and making excuses already. Haha. This is too easy.

and oh i am excited about/for the guy. But not to the point of overrating and overhyping him. As a fan, i'll just remain to be patient and wait for his growth. So excited i am praying so hard that one of the SMC teams get him just to piss off someone like you.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

and oh i am excited about/for the guy. But not to the point of overrating and overhyping him. As a fan, i'll just remain to be patient and wait for his growth. So excited i am praying so hard that one of the SMC teams get him just to piss off someone like you.

-Avenido is a scorer though you may say a scrub..the guy can't find a place with any PBA who have scorers with the same position.You may also consider that the ABL team might be giving a bigger pay than the PBA team.
    -we are arguing about the guy's skills and not about the league.We don't know why the hell he's there..well maybe you can ask his agent.
    -well I don't really care if he goes to Barako bull...I just really want to piss you off and say that your PBA sucks look at the one sided trades and the way they want to raffle the import..way to go super league!! congrats super fan!!. ha ha
    Last edited by Alex07; 04-21-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    "Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail"

well I don't really care if he goes to Barako bull...I just really want to piss you off and say that your PBA sucks. ha ha
    Good day to you too

SMALLBALL, bitches..

well I don't really care if he goes to Barako bull...I just really want to piss you off and say that your PBA sucks. ha ha
    well yes alex. its always easy to look down at our own and bask at how great foreign stuff are.

Chot Reyes ‏ @coachot
    Yes we're taking a close look at Stanley Pringle & more 4 Gilas. No d 5 SMC players havent signed yet.Yes Paul Harris is our 3rd Conf import

KUNIN NIYO NA SI PRINGLE. Maunahan pa ang PILIPINAS ng SMC

Pringle wearing Ginebra jersey would be great

StanleyPringleshootsoverAlVergara.jpg

Toroman watching at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post

Toroman's mind: "Where were you when i need players like you in gilas 1?"
    See You In #SPAIN2014

See you In #DUBAI2014

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Toroman's mind: "Where were you when i need players like you in gilas 1?"
    More like: "i got you this time." (then proceeds to look at the left and sees Chot sheepishly smiling at him )

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post

he is just scouting,..part of his job,..but yeah cant deny the fact.

He plays , similar to Stephon Marbury in his younger years, they have similar style and stance if you saw Pringles youtube clips. By the way I hope he will not turn out to be the next John Ordonio or Solomon Mercado, "Dribble club" Team Pilipinas must hurry up because greedy SMC has eyes in him.

More like: "i got you this time." (then proceeds to look at the left and sees Chot sheepishly smiling at him )
    haha..
    See You In #SPAIN2014

See you In #DUBAI2014

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He plays , similar to Stephon Marbury in his younger years, they have similar style and stance if you saw Pringles youtube clips. By the way I hope he will not turn out to be the next John Ordonio or Solomon Mercado, "Dribble club" Team Pilipinas must hurry up because greedy SMC has eyes in him.
    Perspective man perspective.

Which NT would you want Pringle to play:

a)

Pringle
    Reyes
    Dillinger
    De Ocampo
    Naturalized

or

b)

Pringle
    Lutz
    Lassiter
    Santos
    Naturalized

/half-kidding.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    one player we don't want so see in pringle is Jon Ordonio. just likes fast break, if you put him on set plays, he s*cks
    See You In #SPAIN2014

See you In #DUBAI2014

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast