2016 Chinese Olympic Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
    From what I see of Zou, I like him defensively. Athletic and his timing on blocking is impeccable.
    He is too one dimensional on offense though, just looks to go into the post backing down to the middle of the post and his shots (besides those near the basket) all
    didn't go in. Should try to vary his post moves more and improve his shooting touch.

China looks horrendous handling the ball and passing. Look like complete amateurs.

Chinese Basketball in general is aweful due to state controlled influences, horrible coaching, and ignoring foreign teaching methods. Right now, I can say that soccer is heading in the right direction. Heck, even ice hockey is going in the right direction. China has terrible guards though so I would take Guo Ailun and Zhao Yanhao as the starters in Rio. Zhao Yanhao must go as I think he's better than over half the guards China has right now.

Besides Zhou Qi, does China have any prospects that can go to NBA or Euro leagues. Can the CBA improve player quality....I doubt all those things.

I don't want to see China get pumped and dumped again at Rio like in London. It hurts just watching. Chinese Basketball needs to go the same direction as Chinese soccer. No more state influence. Even Yao Ming tried his best to fix the situation.
    Last edited by CaptainSino; 05-10-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Why dont ask Morefree to be China's PG? I guarantee that dude is better than Sui Ran.

Comment

Why dont ask Morefree to be China's PG? I guarantee that dude is better than Sui Ran.
        Domestic guards are terrible when you look at how the CBA destroys their perimeter game and relies on imports. Zhao yanhao and Guo Ailun should start at Rio. Zhao yanhao is way better than zhao jiwei

Comment

It was Zhao Dapeng's turn to light it up against the U24 Lithuanian select team but China B lost. Hu Jinqiu has made a good account of himself in the friendlies against the US, Canada and Lithuania.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            It was Zhao Dapeng's turn to light it up against the U24 Lithuanian select team but China B lost. Hu Jinqiu has made a good account of himself in the friendlies against the US, Canada and Lithuania.
            How does Hu Jinqiu stack up compared to Zhou Qi

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSino View Post
              How does Hu Jinqiu stack up compared to Zhou Qi
              Zhou Qi is better defensively by leaps and bounds. It may look like that Hu Jinqiu has a much better arsenal when it comes to offense, but Hu is quite untested in high level competition unlike Zhou. I don't see Hu being a better low post player compared to Zhou. A good measure to test both Zhou and Hu is the regular season match-up against Sichuan's Hamed Haddadi. Although both were not able to score against Haddadi consistently, Zhou Qi in some stretch, can defend Haddadi's low post game with Zhou's wingspan.
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSino View Post
                Domestic guards are terrible when you look at how the CBA destroys their perimeter game and relies on imports. Zhao yanhao and Guo Ailun should start at Rio. Zhao yanhao is way better than zhao jiwei
                How about Zhang Qingpeng or Sun Yue in Rio?

By the way, its not the imports fault. I watch the ABL (Southeast Asia league) which has 2 american imports, and the PG play is much higher level. The smaller or shorter countries have better guard play generally (Like Taiwan, SoKor, Japan and esp Phil).

I think China too over-emphasize on height and big man skills. If Im Gong Lu Ming I would practice letting the PGs bring up the ball upcourt with pressure double team defense and drill them until they are comfortable doing it. Actually, they should be taught to keep a low stance and dribble low (Below knee level), its almost impossible for ball to get stolen this way.
                Last edited by bballcrazy; 05-11-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

How about Zhang Qingpeng or Sun Yue in Rio?

By the way, its not the imports fault. I watch the ABL (Southeast Asia league) which has 2 american imports, and the PG play is much higher level. The smaller or shorter countries have better guard play generally (Like Taiwan, SoKor, Japan and esp Phil).

I think China too over-emphasize on height and big man skills. If Im Gong Lu Ming I would practice letting the PGs bring up the ball upcourt with pressure double team defense and drill them until they are comfortable doing it. Actually, they should be taught to keep a low stance and dribble low (Below knee level), its almost impossible for ball to get stolen this way.
                  Exactly. China has too many bigs and a lack of guards to support them. This is the issue. I think Gong should let the guards hold on to the ball more, especially Zhao Yanhao. Zhao can be the starting blueprint for China's guard development. China also has another guard called Bai Haotian, who played with Zhu. Don't know his abilities though.

Comment

They should get this guy to be their PG lol

SUBSCRIBE FOR MOREhttp://youtube.com/shiftteamhqFollow us on social media-Instagramhttp://instagram.com/ten000hourshttp://instagram.com/InTheLabLifeStylehttp...

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                      They should get this guy to be their PG lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElKuj6faMb0
                      Coach Gong should bring him, Guo, and Zhao to Rio. Then maybe I'll have a little bit more confidence in China's guard play. On a side note, I have a feeling that China may get pumped again like in 2012. I hope not but still.....Chinese basketball can't compete with the rest of the world. Whoever is running Chinese basketball using an archaic model will get my ire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
                        Ive been reading posts mentioning the guys who played against australia as the team b. Arent they the team A just minus Yi?
                        The other players are team A already and guys like liu wei, zhu fangyu are out of the national team already. So why not refer to the current team as team A? Those were the same guys who played in fiba asia..
                        Is not all the same guys minus Yi. There's also guo ailun, zhou qi, wang zhelin and zhao jiwei who did not see action.

Comment

• Good afternoon,

My name is Francisco Magalhaes, I am from Portugal and I am currently doing a Masters in Sports Management in the Johan Cruyff Institute in Barcelona, Spain.

As a final project to finalize my Masters, I am currently starting a project called "Coaches for the Future, by Joventut".

This project aims to create an academy for Chinese coaches in order to learn with Joventut Badalona´s Club experience with their youth teams to be teached here in Barcelona.

As this is a big project I need some information about the Chinese Basketball Market, that for me is a little bit difficult to find in Google and all those websites.

I would like to know if there is someone experienced with the Chinese Basketball, in terms of the different leagues available, possible Coach Clinics that already exist in China and that is able to speak with me over Skype.

Any help with be perfect and of course your names would be included in our project as a partners

Thank you!

Francisco Magalhaes

Comment

• Key take ways to for Chinese NT to work on after 2016 Rio:

-Box Out for Rebounds (We got killed in Rio)
                            -Free Throws!
                            -Learn to Play Defense with out fouling (putting opponents in bonus too much)
                            -Turn overs!!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information